Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Newbie :)

Discussion in 'SlimFast' started by jools1986, 6 August 2011 Social URL.

1. jools1986

jools1986 Silver Member

Diet:
    Natural Ketosis Company/Atkins
    A bit of background about me!

Previously I have tried every diet known to man I think. I have successfully lost weight, gained it and lost it and gained it again. I started my latest journey a year ago and went from 20st to 13st on exante. Then disaster struck, exams came and I cracked. Then I found a wonderful boyfriend who likes me the way I am, which did nothing to motivate me. Now I am finding myself back at 15 stones. I have tried to go back to exante and I have tried to go back to atkins but feel like I am struggling to keep my head above water. I am also a student so I cant really afford to be buying expensive shakes and meat when I can't stick to it. I have previously tried the slim fast products and for the most part find them inoffensive. I especially like that there is a website with support at no extra cost. I am battling with myself to accept that losing 1-2lbs is healthy as I am used to losing 3-5lbs a week on exante and atkins, but I have gained it back in rapid time. I was happiest around 13st, I am aware this would render me still obese, but I was a size 14-16 and felt attractive. So I have decided that my goal will be 12st by christmas, so roughly 2lbs a week then take it from there.

I guess what I am saying in a long winded way is that I constantly battle with my food issues and I am hoping that I can find some support here and prevent myself slipping into bad habits and ending up back at 20st.

Also any tips would be greatly appreciated for doing this on a budget!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Shazzac62

Shazzac62 Full Member

Hey u sound like me!! I struggle to stick to exante or any other diet and this is my last diet, I'm hoping to get to 13st also so that means I have 52 pounds to lose!! Oh that seems so hard to do!! Anyway welcome and good luck! Also starting a diary is always good to help you reflect on good/bad days x

4. jools1986

jools1986 Silver Member

Diet:
    Natural Ketosis Company/Atkins
    I am going to start a diary :)

Fancy buddying up? x

5. valerie11

valerie11 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.72%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    just want to say hi :wavey:and good luck xx

6. LighterCL

LighterCL Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(12.5%)
    Diet:
    Slim Fast
    Hey and welcome! Well done on keeping most of the weight off too, look forward to hearing your progress:)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.