Well......went off to bed for an hour, grandaughter has been to visit, bless her, she always cheers me up........an amazing sense of humour already at 13 months old, and races around the house like she's been doing it forever!
Have been good....... had a real think and have stuck with it for now. you're right, if I give up now I will be really angry with myself. Am worried how I'll cope at work next week though, simply could not work properly feeling like this as I would not have patience with all the moans and groans I listen to all day every day if I felt like this myself!
However, I am reading 'French women don't get fat' and planning how I will carry on afterwards. If I can lose a stone on LT that will make me very happy and give me a BMI of 27, from there, hopefully I can move on with exercise and eating better. Already feeling like I could eat less than before without a problem, I'm sure it's do-able. According to my scales I have lost 6lbs since Sunday...don't know how much of that is 'real' weightloss but it does look good!
I am sure that, whenever it is that I come off the LT it will have given me a really good kickstart to my long-term goal!

You will be feeling a whole load better next week, trust me! And to lose a stone you'll only need to be LTing for a month or so - thats absolutely no time at all.

When I started I was very worried abut having to Sole Source for 5 months, but I told myself not to be so damn pathetic - if I couldnt manage to follow a simple plan for a teeny 5 months out of my WHOLE LIFE, in order to achieve something I have dreamed about for 6 years, then what sort of a failure was I? How disgustingly weak-willed would I be not to manage a measly 5 months, when I had been weak-willed enough to gain weight steadily for 6 years?

5 months.... I wouldnt be hungry, but I just wouldnt have normal food and wine. It wasnt exactly much to ask of myself, was it?!

Thats what made me carry on and get through those first hard days before ketosis struck...

lol

Hi everyone,
thanks so much for your advice yesterday...........still with it. Feeling bit better today, think will take dog into town for a walk l8r. Serious chance of getting very wet I think, but have decided to get next weeks supply now as statement of commitment....also can get some flapjacks which will help when I go to work next week as it's going to be tricky making shakes up at times I am currently having them. Think I will try having half a shake at breakfast then something at lunch and dinner time then still have half a shake for the evening munchies! Though hopefully I won't be feeling the need by then. Still don't seem to be in ketosis............ do wish it'd hurry up and kick in. How much longer is this likely to take?

That might be a good idea. There are a few people who split the packs throughout the day and it seems to work for them. Have you pee'd on a stick to see if you are in ketosis or are you guessing?

Hi Rachel,
no, haven't got any sticks that test for ketones! Have a potful in my work case that test for everything else bizarrely! Will have to wait til Mondays' weigh-in to find out. Just assuming, as i do still feel hungry. Will see at about 5pm if things are getting any better....that's normally the worst time. :)

You can get them on ebay and some chemists I think. I never got them either but some of the other girls did. Can anyone tell us were you got them?

do you need them and is it the only way you can tell your going through ketosis,,and anyone got any ideas what i can take for constipation ,,ive gone from 1 extreme to the other lol

Some take Phsillium (cant spell that but you get the idea) husks and is it senokot girls? I havent had that problem so not entirely sure what you are allowed to take.

ok ,thanx for that ,if you think about it ,theres not much solid going in for anything solid to come out is there lol:sick0019:

OK, ketostix you can buy on ebay and on some chemist and diabetic websites (oh you know what I mean lol) and most chemists. Boots apparently are mean to anyone whos asks them for them unless they are diabetic! Grrrr.

You'll know as soon as you are in ketosis as you'll get a funny taste/sensation in your mouth - it can take 4 or 5 days (I think it took be 4.5 lol), and your tongue will look all fuzzy and white or yellow, hmmm lovely!!!

I take senokot max every week just to help things along - sometimes it doesnt work usually it does! On CD you get Fibre 89 which I am finding really helpful, at least I can now have a daily poo (TMI?!?!?!? rofl). I think the LT version is fibreclear...

Been down for next weeks supplies......my pharmacy doesn't keep the flapjacks as they say no-one likes them. :eek: Going to be incredibly dull with only 3 shake flavours and soup, really wanted to get something that looks like food. Also would have been handy to take to work and not need a blender. Will have to check with the phamacy at work next week and hope they do LT and have flapjacks....

i dont get this evry where i read i hear different things the first chemist i went said you go into ketosis after the first week then the chemist im with now said week 3 im on my12 day got bad taste in mouth but still feeling hungry im finding it much harder this time round but sticking with it what is the truth

Back