claire_WH

Hi All

I am new to this site, and to SW. I started unofficially to get to grips with it about a week ago and my official start date was yesterday.

Am looking for guidance, i feel like i have perhaps eaten too much to be losing weight, for eg... today's diary on Extra Easy:

HEA - milk allowance for tea

Breakfast:
Cup of tea with 2 sugars (2 syns)
Muller light with chopped strawberries and muesli (HEB)

Snack
2 Ryvita with 1 laughing cow (Extra Light) triange - 5 syns

Lunch
Jacket potato with butter (2 syns) baked beans and side salad.

No afternoon snack

Dinner
Havent eaten it yet but will be having an omlette with ham SW chips and salad.

I've also drunk 2 litres of water so far.

the thing is, i feel so bloated already and that is without eating dinner yet. This is typically what i am eating in a day or similar...Last night i had the same breakfast/ lunch but with chicken and bacon salad with a couple of new potatoes for dinner. (In fact i think i have had the same breakfast/ lunch since i started SW - which could possibly be the problem haha)

I know its working as apparently i have lost 1.5lbs...(admittedly over the last week and i did perhaps have an extra syn or 2 that i shouldnt have as was still getting to grips with it all) But why am i feeling so bloated.

Any advice would be welcome....

Hi !I too am new to the forum, I have been doing SW for 11 weeks now(just about to go to WI).

I don't think I have been following SW for long enough or know enough about the plan to comment on your menu, but can i suggest you change what you have each day at least vary it, as you will probably soon get really fed up with it.

I used to struggle to eat everything and even tho I normally ate loads of fruit and veg, when I started I too was very bloated. This is not as bad now, and I don't feel bloated all the time now.

Drinking more water is at last begining to help I think.

So stick with it, someone more experienced will hopefully comment soon.
Better go and get my WI clothes on and head off.

Happy Optimising!

Just a thought :- Have you read the topics above this for new beginners on Extra Easy, Misconseptions etc.etc.? I think they are really helpful.

Thank you for replying. I have had a little look through there.

I do need to vary my lunches, think this will be easier after pay day :-( At the moment am just using bits up, i may make a pasta bake to bring in though, i have just found that having a jacket potato is keeping me really full, which is nice as i used to eat a lot of rubbish for lunch and needed all the extras like crisps/ chocolate bar etc.

I am sure the bloatedness will go, it sounds daft but i am full but prob eating less that i would have previously (it may be my head telling me i am on a diet and sticking to it that is making me think i am full - who knows! lol)

I am also going to buy a few recipe books i think after pay day to give me some inspiration.

Good luck with your weigh in :)

x

Hello!
Im by no means a SW expert, but I will try to help you!
Your diet looks fab to start with, you have the right combination of food. Dont worry about the bloating, a lot of people had the same problem when I went to group and my consultant said its something to do with extra water or something. Everyone has a problem when first starting it, Ive heard everything from constipation to headaches to people passing out from hunger. Personally, I started to get loads of spots!
Have a look on ebay for the recipe books instead of buying them from group as you will probably get them for alot cheaper, and have a look on here and on people's food diaries for recipe ideas, people are always putting up fab ideas.
Well done for the first couple of days! Looks like you've made a brilliant start!
Good luck
Charlotte xx

I am constantly surprised by how much, and what i can eat on SW! Last night i had Sirloin steak with jacket potato & salad. I made a mushroom sauce with 0% greek yog. All free, no syns used at all :)

Your diary looks fine. Just ensure that your strawberries are 1/3rd of the brekkie, and your salad is 1/3rd of your plate at lunch.

If you want some ideas for food have a look at some of the diaries on here. A fair few of us keep them & i've found some good ideas from other peoples which i have brazenly nicked!

The bloating goes after a few weeks so don't worry about that.

You could maybe swap your sugar for sweetener (free) or silver spoon light (0.5 a syn a teaspoon. Also, if you have to have butter on your jacket, you could buy some butterbuds from lakeland. Much lower in syns than real butter & i'm told taste the same. Up to you, but i prefer to use my syns on wine & chocolate so i find lots of inventive ways to not use syns on other stuff!

Finally - if you haven't been to your weigh in how do you know what you've lost? Sneaky peeking will do you NO favours hun!!

Thank you for all your replies. I was really naughty last night and opened the bag of minstrels that were in our fridge last night! Me and hubby polished the lot... After weighing self this morning put on 1.5lbs! Hmmm!! :-( really angry with myself.
Never mind, fresh start today!
Think I'm going to start a food diary to keep me going, will also remind me why I am trying to lose weight.
Also going to not get on the scales until weigh in day which is next Monday as I officially started Monday just gone.
X

Back