Hi All, im a huge carb eater and decided to ditch the carbs and try for the ketosis way. Have no idea if my way is the right way.....i'm allowing myself 1200 cals and upto 30g of carbs. Have a metalic taste in my mouth, could this be ketosis? Philadelphia garlic and herb has become my new best friend. Fantastic for sauces chicken and fish.

Tried an atkins shake today as i find breakfast really tough for things to eat, only so many times u want eggs. 2 hours later i was on the loo with tummy ache and not having a good time :( Is that normal when taking a shake?

Being someone that can eat for England and never seam to feel full up I can happily say im finding this very easy and staying satisfied. And when you try so hard to count every carb there is no temptation to have a chip or biscuit as your to worried that all that hard work is destroyed.

Also what are Mims and where can i find a recipe? Xx

Hi and welcome to the forum. Not sure about the shakes, never tried them myself and never heard anyone mention this problem. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful with that!

Mims can be savoury or sweet, only ever made sweet ones myself and had with a blob of cream. A very nice treat, but other people make savoury ones and use them as a bread substiute. The recipe can be found on the recipe stickie.

Good luck with your weightloss! :)

xwendywoox

I found a protein shake I tried recently had similar consequences. It was strong tasting at the time and I only used smaller of the two measures they had suggested. Yet I had good success with VLCD shakes and no bad tum. Odd isn't it.

hiya, and welcome to the delicious world of atkins! the shakes, have used them myself with no probs....the cals, don't need to count them, just be sensible.....the metalic taste, sounds like ketosis, well done!

Back