Newbie!!

jrabbit81

Well kinda!! I'm very seriously considering cd to lose 5 stone starting January, I've an appointment with a CDC on Wednesday. What do you guys think? Is it the way forward, is it really hard?!

Thanks

Jessica

Actually, you might just find it's the easiest diet you've ever tried. :)

Depends a bit on your mindset going into it and how determined you are to lose that 5 stones. If losing that 5 stones is one of the most important things in the world to you, that helps a lot!

Easy? LOL, am I mad? Yep, a bit. But look at this way. No food choices to make (other than what flavour shake shall I have?). No points to count. No obsessive calorie counting. No need to exercise yourself into a frenzy (unless you like that sort of thing ;)). Easy.

It takes food out of the equation. Now, it's not so easy if you have to (or feel you have to) partake in lots of social activity that involve meals out and alcohol. It probably isn't for you if you do. But if you're looking for the fastest way of seeing results (anything up to a stone and a half in the first month, then roughly a stone a month for the second and third month, then maybe 9-10 pounds a month after that) it's well worth the deprivation.

Why not give it a whirl and see what you think. :) But give it at least a fortnight, okay? A fortnight doing it 100%. Most of us are really surprised by how easy it feels by the end of those 14 days.

I never thought i could do it after failing to get past day one 100 times! I've nearly done two weeks now and i have found it ok after i got past that first day! Its not easy but it gets better, i have had the odd day where i am craving some food and last night i had a chicken salad so really a SS+ day but i have never had any other food and stuck to it 100%! I defo think you have to be in the right mind set or you will never get past day 1 :) xxx

This diet rocks! It's the best iv done, sometimes I have hard days but majority of the time I love it, I'm on my 19th week and iv lost 5stone 6lbs, and have never felt better, good luck if u decide to go for Cambridge.. it's deffo worth the money :) xx

Hi Jrabbit81,

Welcome and well done for looking into starting Cambridge. This Diet is fantastic with fast results. As long as you have strong will power and keep your mind set on your target you will absolutely fine. I have been on Cambridge SS since 05/10/2011 and the results are amazing :) Good luck with your journey. Any questions just ask :) we are all hear to help xx

Fingers crossed !!! How long have you been on it ? X

:eek: Too long - on and off, unfortunately. I lost 5 and a half stone in 6 months when I first did Cambridge in 2007/08 but went on holiday and fell off the wagon and I've been chasing it ever since (sometimes more successfully than others). Still, haven't put all of the weight back on again and I try to stay focused on that!

Back to give it another shot cos I'm fed up with being obese now. :)

Good luck with the consultation - if you can get "into" it it is the easiest diet because you have no choices to make. Last year I lost 8 stone in 6 months by sticking to it totally 100%. I had to come off it for an operation and then went berserk - trying to get back on it, messing up, binging like mad etc etc so a fair whack of that weight has gone back on...but I'm back in the "zone" now and will see it through to the end now.
Last time i did it I stuck to it 100% and really couldn't understand why people said the couldn't do it and were on/off/on again, however this summer I found it really tough to restart and now see how hard it is if you don't stick to it - so go for it and give it 100%. I got so much support from everyone on here and that really helped too.

Good luck

Thank you :)
I've bought 2 packs to try, if I can stomach the packs I'll be ok, consultation was fine but not going to start till January. I really need to do this! Plus cost of food is going up so much it's prob cheaper!! Lol xx

Ok strange question!!! Are most CDC older? I'd really like to find one who's around my age group who I can relate too!! Is that weird?! X

hi there i started cd a few months agao and lost 11lb in first week but due to personal reason i had to tke time out and sadly but the weight back on but i am rejoining cd next week and really looking forward to it,, glad your consultation went well and good luck for january

hi jessica i am 35

My CDC is around 40ish she has been a consultant for 19 years now and is just brilliant :)

Just wanted to add, the products you try may not be the tastiest things you've ever had, compared to regular food they're pretty boggin, but they do grow on you as you get into the diet and become pretty palatable so don't base your decision on a taster cos they won't taste how they will evenutally if that makes sense?

Back