Newbie!

gemmagilchrist

Hi all

I'm Gemma and I'm new here! :wavey:
Sadly, not new to VLCD's. I did Cambridge on and off since Feb '10. I originally started at 15st 10lb and got down to 12st 8lb and now I'm 16st 2lb!
Hoping to get down at 9st and follow Slimming World to help me maintain.

I still had around 10 days worth of Cambridge packs left so I started this morning with those and I'm going to buy a bulk pack of Exante products tomorrow (pay day hurrah!) Decided to give Exante a whirl as it's cheaper than CD and I always weighed myself anyway, my CWPC just used to deliver my products and let me get on with it so I figured I might as well cut out the middle man.

I feel as sick as a dog already, I was actually sick in my mouth earlier :9529:Early night on the cards tonight I think!
Feeling fairly positive on the whole though, I know the next few days/weeks are going to be tough so I'm reminding myself that I'm doing this to save my life - At 5ft 3" and 16st 2lb I'm dangerously overweight and have crippling joint and back pain. I also want to look fab at my friends hen weekend in Tenerife in June and at her wedding in July. I would also like to wear the size 14/16 clothes I bought when I got to 12st 8lb instead of squeeeezing my mahoosive bum into my size 18 jeans. :wave_cry:

Last edited:
Hi there and welcome to Exante. I am new myself (am on day 12!)
Good luck on your future weight loss! I am not doing too bad at the moment although had a hard day yesterday! But I stuck to it and feel pleased today that I did. It is hard work but I keep focusing on how much better I will look and feel when I have lost the weight. I am going on holiday in August & want to have lost the excess weight and also learned to maintain it by then. I keep looking in my wardrobe at all the clothes that don't fit at the moment and this helps keep me motivated! Using this site helps alot and I use it a couple of times a day, sometimes I add a post and sometimes I just read other peoples posts to help me stay on track.
Here's to us both reaching our goals!

Hey Gem's I'm a day one restarter too!!

I lost 2 stone last summer (14.7-12.7) and have put it all back on and then some!!!

My mistake was coming off for a hol, going mad then getting lost! Several restarts later I'm back.... With chronic heartburn!

Got a wedding to go to in July and a holiday in October with a large group of friends and I do not want to be piggy in the middle!

0 lost : 67 to goal

Hi Gem

I am restarting today too, had a tough couple of weeks so haven't been the best behaved but I am back with vengeance today :)

I did cambridge a couple of years ago and went from 18st odd to 15st odd but then put that 3st back on and another 3!!!

Started Cambridge again in July 11 @ 20st13.5 and lost 4st by November then maintained till after Christmas :)

On Exante since 02/01/12 and I've lost another stone, did get to 15st 5 but had a tough couple of weeks and I'm at 15st 12 :) totally motivated as I have a few days away at a hotel from 20 March so would like to get another stone off for then :)

Good luck on your journey chick xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yep that was me, came off when I went on holiday last year and struggled to get back on.

I've got really bad heartburn atm, I think that's what's making me feel sick!

Well done your loss so far kittykazza!

Take care. xxx

goolian said:
Hi Gem

I am restarting today too, had a tough couple of weeks so haven't been the best behaved but I am back with vengeance today :)

I did cambridge a couple of years ago and went from 18st odd to 15st odd but then put that 3st back on and another 3!!!

Started Cambridge again in July 11 @ 20st13.5 and lost 4st by November then maintained till after Christmas :)

On Exante since 02/01/12 and I've lost another stone, did get to 15st 5 but had a tough couple of weeks and I'm at 15st 12 :) totally motivated as I have a few days away at a hotel from 20 March so would like to get another stone off for then :)

Good luck on your journey chick xxx

Hi goolian

Thanks for your message. I read your post, sorry to hear that you've had a family bereavement recently.
Massive well done on your success so far! I never seem to make it past the 3 month mark but I'm feeling determined this time (despite retching with heart burn atm!) I also want to be skinny before I hit 30 (I'm 29 in April) this is the heaviest I've ever been and I desperately want to be a normal weight.
Good luck to you. Xxx

Hi

I feel your pain, I did the same with CD too, lost the weight then over a couple of years piled it back on, I have completed my first week losing 8lb's so similar to how it went with CD really, not weighed this week yet but hoping to shift at least 6lb for my stone.

This is way cheaper than CD and you will get much better support on here from real users than you ever did with your CD counsellor, who see it as an income and nothing else really (well mine did anyway) she would make me feel rubbish for losing a lb, a lb is a lb after all.

But for a lot less money, you get much more support and the product works, its not quite the same taste as CD but you get used to it.

Good luck hun

You will be in those lovely clothes again.

xx

Hi, and welcome to the club... i too did lipotrim and then moved to cambridge about 2yrs ago and lost nearly 2 stone.. stopped for my sisters wedding with the intention of starting again aftetwards... didnt happen.. lots of restarts for a couple of days and failed. Well i started this time 3 stone heavier having put all the weight back on plus a stone...... im on day 23 now and still going strong and ive lost
16lbs already... we all now how difficult it is to keep motivated on the early days but as you know once you get through the 1st couple of weeks and it becomes easier. good luck x

Heya all, I too have just joined this diet. I placed my order this afternoon and I should take delivery of it on Friday. I have not tried a VLCD before, though I did well on WW a few years back. My wife has also put in an order and we will be supporting each other through the weightloss, it is great to have found a community online for those who are also doing this diet. Goodluck everyone.
Kev

Last edited:
I too am dieting with my husband.. having the support for each other on this diet has made a huge difference as we dont have to watch each other eat :)

Same here...I'm doing Exante with my boyfriend, and between us we've lost over 10 stone since September :D I couldn't have got this far without him, that's for sure.
It's one of the easiest diets physically as there are no food choices to make, or calories to count. But it's mentally tough, so if you can get your head in gear then you've got it cracked!

Day 3, feeling ok so far, definitely haven't felt as hungry as I did when I've done it in the past, maybe it's cos I know what to expect? I think/hope I'll be fully into ketosis by tomorrow. I've made it past day 2 without the slightest blip so that's a record for me. Had a sneaky weigh this morning, 5lb gone already. Won't weigh myself again until Monday now.
Have a great week everyone. Xx

Hiya ?

I am new to exante! I have just received my first bumper pack today and cant wait to start tomo! iv never done this before so I am hope I have enough will power to stick to it!!

Hope it goes well!! ?

I don't mean to be negative but the shakes are certainly taking some getting used to! I don't think they're as nice as Cambridge, they are a lot thicker though. I think I'll try the porridge next time i order.

Hi

I felt the same the shakes are nowhere near as nice as CD. I don't like milk and these have a very strong creamy milky taste. Oh and the chocolate made me heave just whisking it, I tried it but couldn't stomach it!! So lots of chocolate left in my box!! I think I will try the porridge next but I did read on here that ready brek is lower in carbs and calories and if you read the box it's packed with vitamins, I guess you would just have to make it with skimmed milk but may be worth a try obviously it would be a tiny bowl!

Keep persevering it is harder than CD for me just because I am not keen on the shakes or bars! But you can use this forum 24/7 and it's half the price although what I am going to do with those vile chocolate shakes I don't know!! :(

I have broke a couple of times with the odd bit of chicken and today was a piece of cheese! But onwards and inwards.....we don't wanna be going outwards lol

:)

I know exactly what you mean but the choc shakes are much more bearable with a couple of sweeteners in :)

I can't take my choc to work anymore cos they all complain about the damp smell!!

Day 4 100% and feeling gooood! - 6lb so far, big bad wknd to go tho...

0 lost : 67 to goal

The choc ones do have a distinctive smell... i had one hot earlier which did taste better than cold. I'm sure I'll get used to the rest, I'd been using up a box of choc mint (my absolute favourite!) Cambridge shakes since Monday so once they're gone I'll have nothing to compare them too haha! Xx

Back