Newbie!!!

sazzy024

Hi everyone

I have been reading these diaries since I started this diet a few weeks ago and they have been so helpful that I decided I should do one myself.

First a bit of an introduction, my names Sarah and I am going to be 20 this coming Tuesday.

I am hoping to lose 1 and a half stone before I go on holiday in June and before my cousins wedding in August, for which I am a Bridesmaid. So far I am doing well (i think i am anyway!) the weightloss has been slow but steady and pretty consistent everyweek, At first I hoped I was going to lose 3-4lbs a week but then realised that this was a stupid target considering that I was only 5lbs over what I should be for my height.

So here is my Journey so far.....

23.01.2012- 12st 7lbs (Start Date)
30/01/2012- 12st 4lbs (-3lbs :D )
06.02.2012- 12st 3lbs (-1lb)
13.02.2012- 12st 2lbs (-1lb)
20.02.2012- 12st 1lbs (-1lb)
27.02.2012- 12st 11/2 lbs (-0.5lbs) I have an excuse for this one, well if you can call 4 pancakes and 3 nights out an excuse lol)

Anyway hope some of you find this useful, it will be nice to know if anyones actually reading lol

Love Sarah

xxx

I forgot to say in my intro that I am doing Extra Easy!

So todays menu was:

Breakfast:
1 wholemeal toast (1/2 hexb) with marmite (free), I alpen light (1/2 hexb), 6 strawberries and half a pack of blueberries.

Lunch:
Uncles Bens sweet and sour rice time (free)
Turkey chunks (free)

Snack:
Mug shot, tomato and herb (free)

Dinner:
Stir Fry
Made with chicken breast, baby corn, pak choy, bok choy, onions, carrot, chilli, butternut squash, courgette and fine noodles, with a homemade sauce all FREE

Afters:
Huge bowl of strawberries, blueberries, plums and cherries.

Syns:
Mini Milk Vanilla- 1.5

So this was my day so far, will probably have a couple more syns later but not feeling very hungry after the massive stir fry!

Speak to you soon! :D

Planned diary for tomorrow

Breakfast:
Strawberries
Bannana
Blueberries
Muller Light- Vanilla

Lunch:
Beans on 2 slices wholemeal toast
Apple
Ornage

Dinner:
Chilli con carne with SW Chips

Afters:
Mini Milk
Fruit

Ok so just home from work and complete change of what I originally planned to eat lol..so here goes

Breakfast:
4 slices of no fat bacon-grilled
2 eggs scrambled
Strawberries and blueberries

Lunch:
2 slices of brown toast (hexb)
2 microwave pots of spaghetti hoops
3 babybell lights (hexa)
Grapes and Cherries

Dinner:
Chilli con carne and slimming world chips

Syns:
So far 0

Quite a good day so far, hoping for a loss at weigh in tomorrow, fingers crossed!

x

Hi!

Not sure if you've heard the update about the uncle bens rice time, there not free anymore. Check the app or the website but I think the sweet n sour is about 7 syns :-(

Sorry!

Hiya

Thanks for letting me know, i did read it a couple of weeks ago, but seeing as I only have them maybe once every 2 weeks after ive been on an akward shift at work i'm not counting them as ive still been losing weight. Such a shame though as i could easily eat them every day!

x

Ok so plan for today:

Breakfast:
2 slices of whole meal toast (hexb)
3 laughing cow extra light (1/2 hexa)
Wafer thin turkey (free)

Lunch:
Salmon (free)
Salad (free)
Balsamic vinegar (free)
Whole packet of blueberries

Dinner:
Roast dinner with broccoli,parsnips,potatoes, peas and some sort of meat (havent decided yet) but will all be free and will have some gravy for about 2 syns.

Weigh in this morning so wish me luck! :D

x

So weigh in update, have lost 2lbs this week, really happy with that which brings my total to 8.5 lbs in 7 weeks, so slow but steady, going to make it a great week again this week :D

x

So my motivation for losing a bit of weight is my upcoming holiday and cousins wedding, so i was just wondering what everyone elses is?

x

Ok so yeaterday was my birthday which is why i havent updated but here it is:

Breakfast:
Scrambled egg on two wholemeal toast (hexb)
Apple
Bannana

Lunch:
Bachelors rice
Turkey
Asparagus
Strawberries

Snack:
3 babybel lights (hexa)

Dinner:
Chinese buffet

Didnt count syns at dinner as i didnt see the point, if im going out then im going to enjoy myself lol, but no alcohol and its a good job i hate cake :)

So that was my birthday day and my treat meal for the week! Hope everyone had a fab Tuesday!

Wednesday 7.03.2012 food diary:

Breakfast:
1 wholemeal toast (1/2 hexb)
1 dairylea extra light triangle (1/6 hexa)
1 alpen light bar (1/2 hexb)
Blackberries, strawberries and blueberries

Lunch:
Pasta with homemade passata sauce
Corn on the cob
followed by big bowl of fruit

Dinner:
Jacket Potato with tuna mayo
Salad
Grilled peppers and asparagus

So i think thats it for today but will probably have to put some syns on later :)

Hope everyone has a lovely Wednesday!

Last edited:
Ok, bit behind on my diary so here goes:

Thursday 8/3/2012

Breakfast:
1x wholemeal toast with marmite (hexb 1/2)
1 x alpen light (hexb 1/2)
Grapes

Lunch:
Pasta with peppers, olives, baby corn, carrots, passata, herbs,turkey and no fat chopped bacon
Strawberries and Muller light

Dinner:
Stir fry with pak choy, bok choy, carrots, lemongrass, courgette, beansprouts, onion, chicken, noodles and homemade syn free stir fry sauce.

Syns:
5- bag of toffee crunch mini fingers

Hexa- 2 babybell light

And todays diary:

Breakfast- Zero ooopppppssss!!!

I went to the dentist early so didnt have anything as i hate eating before i go.

Lunch:
1 x 60g wholemeal pitta (hexb)
Salad
Turkey
Half a bachelors rice
Blackberries
Blueberries

Dinner:
Syn free spaghetti bolognese made with extra lean mince
Bowl of strawberries, apple, plum, cherries

No syns yet but might have some choc fingers later :)

Really feel like i'm getting the hang of this now, did it take anyone else a while?

Hi, sounds like your doing well. Took me till about week3 to fully understand about how 1/3 super free works.

Did you use mince that was less than 5% fat, if so can you let me know where you get it as I can't seem to get it anywhere. Ty

@calajul i dont think the meat i use it less than 5% fat but i get marks and spencers extra lean mince, i'm not a huge fan of quorn mince so i just use this, i also dont count it as syns as i only have it about once every two weeks as i prefer eating chicken, so it only comes out for chilli and spaghetti lol

Saturdays Diary:

Breakfast:
Scrambled egg on two brown toast (hexb)
1 sausage (1 syn)

Lunch:
Grapes
Strawberries
Melon
Peach
Blueberries
All mixed with a muller light in vanilla

Not a proper lunch as i was still full from breakfast

Dinner:
Salmon cooked and cold
Salad
Jacket potato with 2 butterbuds
Dressing 1 tbsp (1syn)

Strawberries, Blackberries

Cadburys Toffee crunch fingers mini bag (5 syns)

Sunday:

Breakfast: None- was on way to Bicester Village outlet and knew id eat when i got there.

Lunch: Pret- Prosciutto baguette with salad and packet of sea salt crisps (7syns) first packet since new year and i didnt enjoy them! Very unusual for me as i prefer crisps over chocolate, well i used to anyway!

Dont know how much the baguette was???

Dinner:
SW Chips
Cold chicken
Vegetable mix

Strawberries, 2 pears

Cadbury choc fingers mini bag (5 syns)

Not a bad day and think i made an ok choice of sandwich, was thinking of getting a salad but the dressings are probably just as bad so didnt bother!

Weigh in this morning and......lost 3lbs!!!!!

Really happy seeing as it was my birthday and i had chinese and i went to bicester and had a bit of a rubbishy lunch!

Finally starting to see some big changes and have nearly dropped a dress size which is amazing.

Also i dont really do any exercise apart from being on my feet all day at work, i work in retail as a floor manager and out stock room is 3 flights of stairs up so i always volunteer to go up there lol! I have played squash a couple of times but thats it :)

Monday:

Breakfast:
2 slices wholemeal toast (hexb)
2 laughing cow extra light (2/6 hexa)
Strawberries and 1 plum

Lunch:
Bachelors rice with bbq turkey
Muller light
Pear
Plum

Dinner:
Nandos (not sure what i'll have but will make it as low syn as possible)

Ok so Nandos went well, had half a chicken without skin and plain, with corn on the cob without the butter and spicy rice which i beleive is fairly low in syns.

So i've still got syns left for the obligatory mini choc fingers later :)

Back