Loopeylou

Gold Member
Well after big chat with hubbie and lots of reading about Slim and Save we have taken the plunge and placed our order.
Should be delivered on Tuesday so ready to start on Wednesday.
We've never done a tfr diet but to be honest I'm really looking forward to it.
Currently on SW and having small losses but i'm so tired of food to be honest - sounds strange I know but seems like a lifetime of yoyo dieting / binge eating / comfort eating etc has taken its toll.

Hubbie also has had a health scare which which has prompted him to realise he really needs to lose 3-4 stone too.
I talked with him about swapping over onto Slim and Save and hoping he would understand my reasons for doing it and I was gob smacked when he aksed to also do it with me.
It'll be so much easier for us both to follow, we have a 15 year old son but have worked out that the food we have in freezer / cupboards will feed him for months ( with exception of fresh fruit and veg ) so we will save a heap on shopping bills.
In Asda yesterday I spent £96 on a small trolley with very little to show for it really!

So anyway enough waffling, just want to say a big hi to you all and looking forward to seeing the results that you all are having :D
x

Welcome. There are some really good threads in the stickies which you might like to read. Let us know if you have any questions.

weasey said:
Welcome. There are some really good threads in the stickies which you might like to read. Let us know if you have any questions.

Had a really busy day, uploaded 46 items on eBay as raising extra money for holiday in June. Can finally relax and read some more threads :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Good luck, it really is the best diet once you get into it and time just flies by. Hope you both get into it as soon as your delivery is made x

Denise272 said:
Good luck. Is this the same as slim fast what you are going to do? :)

No - slim and save is a VLCD which works on having low carbs abd calories.

Denise272 said:
VLCD??? Does this mean Very Low Calorie Diet? and thank you for responding to me :)

Yes it is and i have to say its one of the easiest ive tried

Loopeylou said:
Well after big chat with hubbie and lots of reading about Slim and Save we have taken the plunge and placed our order.
Should be delivered on Tuesday so ready to start on Wednesday.
We've never done a tfr diet but to be honest I'm really looking forward to it.
Currently on SW and having small losses but i'm so tired of food to be honest - sounds strange I know but seems like a lifetime of yoyo dieting / binge eating / comfort eating etc has taken its toll.

Hubbie also has had a health scare which which has prompted him to realise he really needs to lose 3-4 stone too.
I talked with him about swapping over onto Slim and Save and hoping he would understand my reasons for doing it and I was gob smacked when he aksed to also do it with me.
It'll be so much easier for us both to follow, we have a 15 year old son but have worked out that the food we have in freezer / cupboards will feed him for months ( with exception of fresh fruit and veg ) so we will save a heap on shopping bills.
In Asda yesterday I spent £96 on a small trolley with very little to show for it really!

So anyway enough waffling, just want to say a big hi to you all and looking forward to seeing the results that you all are having :D
x

Hi i wanted to wish you & your hubby luck. Remember to drink lots of water. The first lot of days (for me 4days but everyone is different) is the hardest but stick with it because it does get so much easier & the rewards are great : )

no1mom23 said:
Hi i wanted to wish you & your hubby luck. Remember to drink lots of water. The first lot of days (for me 4days but everyone is different) is the hardest but stick with it because it does get so much easier & the rewards are great : )

Thank you, I think the advice and help given on here is fantastic.
We know what we can expect in the first week so at least we can persevere with the knowledge it will get easier.
I'm determined to succeed and do have alot of willpower to keep going when I know what the rewards are :)
As for my hubbie he very rarely feels hungry, he had cancer 12 years ago and the radiotherapy damaged his stomach causing him to feel full very quickly. He's never really dieted before though so do think he will find the first week far harder though but at least we have each other :)
X

Best of luck to you both, it will be great having each other there for support and we're always here for you too.

Loopeylou said:
Thank you, I think the advice and help given on here is fantastic.
We know what we can expect in the first week so at least we can persevere with the knowledge it will get easier.
I'm determined to succeed and do have alot of willpower to keep going when I know what the rewards are :)
As for my hubbie he very rarely feels hungry, he had cancer 12 years ago and the radiotherapy damaged his stomach causing him to feel full very quickly. He's never really dieted before though so do think he will find the first week far harder though but at least we have each other :)
X

And you both have us here at the forum xx

Welcome from one newbie to another. I'm one week in and finding it a doddle. Help's the food is nice too :)

Everyone is so friendly and welcoming. Great feeling to have so much support, Definately needed as we've never done a plan like this before.
Brought some reduced salt bouillon, red bush tea and sainsburys strawberry and kiwi water as recommended. All ready for Wednesday....I think lol xx

the people on this forum are wonderful! they really do help you through any rough times and if you mess up there are here to help you back in the right direction!

welcome aboard to both you and your hubby x

Back