Hi nikki... I am also a newbie and on slimming world at the moment I want to lose about the same as you. Have you tried SW before? X

:welcome2: Nikki & SpindeeJay. A word of warning though, this place becomes pretty addictive, particularly when you add the app to your phone :D Have to say there is so much info & supprt here. I'm following Slimming World, never been on a diet before that I actually enjoy, it's great, means I can eat what everyone elese is eating, so don't feel deprived or excluded.

Anyway I wish you all the best, see you round :wavey:

Hi Nikki,

I'm a newbie too, started 2weeks ago. How are you finding the plan? There is tons of info on here I have been spending so much time looking for ideas, syn values etc :)

Hi spindeeJay,

How are you finding the plan? Have you tried it before? I have and I'm a slow loser sts this week but I'm still sticking 100% :)

Hi issywizzywoo!

I can already see its going to be slightly additive! How long how you been on plan? I've just started my third week! Going okay but sts second weigh in...

Thanks issy... I have the app and I am addicted haha.

Green pea... I have done slimming world many a time before, this time I have joines a gym too... I know you dont have to but ive been going for months now and feel so guilty if I don't go. Plus its me time as I am a new mum too so its nice to have an hour or so to myself (not meaning to sound cruel) but using my me time Wisley. I seem to stuggle to stay under 20 syns tho? Thats my down fall atm x

Good Luck, I want to lose 2st 4lb by healthy eating and exercise

Regarding exercise, I have found walking seems to burn more fat... a setting called rolling hills on the treadmill helped me with loss of 6lbs a few weeks back... obviously I messed up by not resisting cake so put it back on. But I have joined here now so hoping for a fresh restart to the eating plan and exercise :thumbup:

Treadmills do have some good settings I'm jogging so doing it for weight loss and fitness as I'm hoping to run a half marathon next year but we will see lol

I cant jog... I feel like a dohnut. I need to gain some condidence and stop thinking about what other people are thinking haha. Good on you though

Power walk to start and see how you go, I have to jog for a while then walk as I lose my breath!

Don't think about what others think, if you don't know them then who cares, I never worry at the end of the day friends are there for you snd that's what matters!

Hi Nikki,

I'm a newbie too, started 2weeks ago. How are you finding the plan? There is tons of info on here I have been spending so much time looking for ideas, syn values etc :)

HI!I've been on SW before lost 17 lbs, put it all back on .I found it easy last time when I did it before.Just trying to navigate this site.

Thanks issy... I have the app and I am addicted haha.

Green pea... I have done slimming world many a time before, this time I have joines a gym too... I know you dont have to but ive been going for months now and feel so guilty if I don't go. Plus its me time as I am a new mum too so its nice to have an hour or so to myself (not meaning to sound cruel) but using my me time Wisley. I seem to stuggle to stay under 20 syns tho? Thats my down fall atm x

I've done slimming world twice before but I'm hoping I can stick to it this time, I've not set myself a goal or time limit as just taking a day at a time. I'm enjoying it more this time round though. I have a couple of stone to lose but I hate exercising so will just try to move around more at work and home! Fingers crossed that helps. My syns seem to be from 4-8 most days as I find I'm not craving sugary things yet but I'm sure it'll change..

This site is a god send tbh I've been on the plan twice but feel my h better this time round and I think it's because there's lots online. It's been a few years since I did it. I was on ww but found I was hungry and weight loss was getting very slow. But I'm trying to take everyday at a time this time.

Day at a time is the best way to do it... ive had a good day today. .. had better but it could have been worse. I guess the hot weather helps as you dont wanna eat much do ya? X

Yes I feel it's best, I even resisted lunch at the pub yesterday at work and had my yummy cous cous and feta cheese salad, I forgot how much I liked it! Yes it does help and its easy to make up a quick salad or even fruit and muller light

Hi issywizzywoo!

I can already see its going to be slightly additive! How long how you been on plan? I've just started my third week! Going okay but sts second weigh in...

I've been doing SW since Feb & have lost 2st 2lb,mainly just on food optimising coz I'm not a very active person,odd bit of walking & swimming.I'm not a big loser tends to be 1-2lb a week,but even at that rate I should be at target within a year.I tend to have a STS every 3 to 4weeks,think it's just the body adjusting.Loving this diet :)

Guys ive messed up today, had some cake. My downfall is once i am bad i continue throughout the day and 'start again tomorrow' I need to find the will power to just stop and continue the day being good or not be bad at all.... anyone got any tips on promoting will power...

Back