ellie2409

Hi there! I have been here (minimins) before but failed a few times and i am now in week 2 of slimming world. I wanted to do this for myself but also my little girl. I gave birth to my daughter who was stillborn and there was no reason. I feel that it was a combination of my health and the stress our family has been under recently. Her birth and death is still very new and raw, she was born on 22nd august 2013 and her service is on wednesday. I felt i needed soemthing to distract hence starting my diet! I had a good first - 6.5 lost and am hoping to do well this week. I am one of these weigh my self three times a day ladies but honest i am trying not to! I was a little disheartened to be 4 lbs heavier this evening than i was sunday but im hoping its not permanent. I had one day where i went over to 28 syns but other than that, stuck to it!

Thank you if you have had the patience to read my waffle.

chrissie x

Sorry to hear about your loss :( It must be a very difficult time for you, but it's good that you are putting energy into SW and hopefully this will bring you some good positivity!

Best of luck with your journey :D We can all do this!!!

Sorry to hear about your loss :( It must be a very difficult time for you, but it's good that you are putting energy into SW and hopefully this will bring you some good positivity!

Best of luck with your journey :D We can all do this!!!

thankyou, i appreciate your kind words. I think its best to concentrate my all into something positive and i have been so focused! so much more so than any other diet, just feels like a lightbulb has been switched on. good luck to everybody else on the slimming world journey x

So sorry to hear about your loss, that's a terrible thing to experience. Sometimes the universe tests us :-(

If you want to do this for her then that's an amazing accolade and I'm sure she would be proud of you.

Good luck and use these boards to vent, get advice and pick me ups.

Sam xx

Hello Ellie and welcome back to minimins.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss - how heartbreaking. I admire your determination to tackle your weight and wish you the success you hope for.

Please don't be disheartened by the ups and downs of your scales; they will almost certainly show you heavier in the evening than in the morning, for example, because the weight will reflect what you have eaten and drunk during the day. I am a serial weigher myself, and made a big effort last week to break the habit. I WI on Sunday morning (I'm a do it yourselfer) and then hid the scales in the spare room wardrobe. Could you do something similar?

Good luck

Thank you both - lickthelid i am doing this for my little girl i know she would want me to be happy and healthy - healthy enough to give her another sibling someday. it has been a huge test but i am determined to turn it (as much as one can) from a negative experience to the new me. i love this board and the support it an give, i only hope i can be of help sometime! xx

Patty - its funny you should say that - my husband got annoyed at me and has hidden the scales from me! I dont know where they are and he has informed me that he will give them to me next weigh in which is on sunday. i've just noticed your weightloss - thats amazing you must be so proud!

Ah thanks. It's taken 2 years so it's been slow, but I've enjoyed time off for holidays etc and just for back on the plan again once the holiday is over. Slowly, but surely, I'm getting there.

Last week was my first week of hiding the scales and was also the first week for a very long time that I've had a good loss. Make of that what you will! It was quite exciting waiting to weigh - but scary at the same time.

We both weigh in on Sundays - let's hope we both have a good result!

oh bless your heart and i will light a candle for your Angel Baby.

they are a good lovely bunch on here for support and cuddles whenever you need them.

best of luck for your weight loss journey xx

THank you ladies xx its lovely to know there such great support on here! brings a (happy) tear to my eye. how are you all getting on? I had a small gain this week - but it was my daughters birthday party and i wanted to enjoy myself (too many duck spring rolls!) but back on it the last couple of days and motivated to carry on

Hi Chrissie,

Firstly, I'm so sorry for your loss. My first baby was stillborn, he died 3 days before his due date and was born 6 days later. He would be turning 5 this month.

Secondly, well done for taking control. I put on a lot of weight after Elliot died, food was a comfort and before I knew it I'd put on 2 stone, which wasn't good considering my husband and I had decided to start trying for another baby straight away.

I'm always here if you need to talk to someone that knows what you're going through.

Megan xx

Megan, thank you for you reply and im so sorry for your loss also *hug* how are you doing? thank you for your kind words, it was very hard to start off as all i wanted was chocolate, wine and more chocolate.. but i felt so determined to turn things round for the better.. like yourself i want to try again soon but im determined to be at a healthier weight.

Back