JoEveCar

Hi,

I tried SW a few years ago and couldn't really get the hang of it. The new one with the extra easy option.
Anyway, after starting my diet every day for the last few months and failing every day by lunch time, I have decided to give it another go as I know a lot of people who find it really easy to follow and have done really well.

I am going to read through all the stuff today and try and do it afresh as if I've not tried and failed already!

Any tips, advice or words of wisdom?

I've always been a WW girl really but not in the right frame of mind for lots of weighing and point counting.

I need to make this work!!!

Start weight today 12st 2lb :(
Aim weight 10st 7lb

23lb to go

I've also been a WW advocate in the past but after many partially successful attempts it just seemed to stop working. Maybe, like you I just got fed up of counting every single thing

this is very different as you know and I think its simplicity is actually the hardest thing to get your head round after following more complex plans.

The best advice is to trust the plan to work. Make sure your plate is 1/3 superfree. That's the commonest thing thing on here when people think it's not working. Not enough superfree. That and guesstimating their Hex's. Weigh or measure those and have the 1/3 superfree and you can't really go wrong. :)

Thanks Sam, I think the fact that it is simple is a factor why I found it hard, surely I can't eat all of that and still lose weight?!

Exactly. It is, bizarrely, the hardest hurdle to overcome mentally. I still find myself cutting back at times. Like when I used to save my points. I have to remind myself that this is NOT how this goes haha

Back