Newbie...

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Eddie, 19 July 2008 Social URL.

1. Eddie

Eddie Full Member

Thanks for your comments about joining a class to understand basics first.

A few q's
    1. If I join do I need to go each week and pay (with WW, you really had to keep going till you reach goal.), dont really have the budget for this at the moment.
    2. How would you rate the diet/lifestyle? Reading through some posts, seems difficult with HE, syns, HEX a B etc
    3. Can you save daily syns and use at weekend for takeaway drink etc.
    4. Do like a drink at the weekend, what type of sins for white wine, Gin & slimline Tonic, vodka & diet coke?

Apologies for all the qs, but want to get an idea from people who are doing programe before going to a class and get talked into etc.

A bit fed up with WW (core) and fancy a change.

Many, many thanks,
    Nxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Cavycrazy

Cavycrazy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.71%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi

I have just posted on your other post, if you want to let me have your email address I can zap over some stuff which will give you an idea how SW works :)

All best

4. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

I can't answer all your questions as I'm a newbie but I will tell you what I've seen from others posts and my experience

5. Eddie

Eddie Full Member

Thanks so much for your post.
    I have been reading your diary with great interest this morning, good luck with your weigh in.
    Could I please ask how much the monthly postal membership is?
    Tnx

6. Eddie

Eddie Full Member

:cry:Can't seem to add my email address???

7. Daisybank

Daisybank Hmmmmmm!

Diet:
    Lipotrim
    good luck!!

8. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    Hi Eddie, the confusing stuff you talk about is exactly why it's best to see a consultant first as it's not at all complicated when they explain it properly.

I don't see it as a diet at all, it's a healthy lifestyle. You don't have to keep going to group, many people get on just fine by going it alone.

Good luck with it x

9. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

"Postal membership for members in the UK costs £49.95.
    Your postal membership lasts four weeks. During this time you will receive a weekly telephone support call and you'll be able to access LifelineOnline, our free online support service exclusive to our members." You get with this some recipes, the booklet that gives syns for branded products, the booklet that explains what you can eat on Green Days and Red Days, the Magic thingame that is to do with easy ways to become more active and speed up your weight loss etc, plus other things and 4 copies of the slimming world mag.

10. abigail09

abigail09 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.13%)
    1. just explain to your swc your situation and im sure they wont mind that your only going for a few weeks. otherwise you might be able to get Sw prescribed by your doctor

2. like a lot of people i dont see this as a 'diet' but more like a lifestyle that is very easy to stick to and extremely flexible

3. some people do, some people dont, personally i have done and if i have a big weekend ill cut out the rest of the week a few syns a day but some people dont agree with this.

4. when i drink as much as i try to stick to diet coke and vodka (single 2.5 syns) i often slip into the wine and cider which is quite high but i think once a week doesnt really make a great deal of difference to losses. gin n slimline tonic is 2.5 syns too.

on the subject of syns tho, you can use 'flexi syns' every now and then and that covers big nights out. its basically just cutting yoruself some slack sometimes

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.