NEWBIE..

Hey there. Im new to LT, and this is my 4th attempt of day 1. Dont know how u guyz do it. I wake up every morning so determined, but towards the end of the day i give up :( I mean last nite i gave up just before goin to bed... and it wasnt because i was hungrey...it was coz i was partly bored, partly upset coz of somethin n partly had a hard day runnin around my 1 yr old daughter.
Food has always been a comfort for me whether im stressed or bored. So hard to watch tv or come online without my snacks.
Ive got 2 stone to loose...and i keep tellin myself its not alot and that so many people have had greater successful losses...but i just cant seem to stick to it :(
help!!!

you have got to really want to do it to get yourself through the first week hun. you need to sit down and have a good talk to yourself. make yourself a scrap book if that helps, stick in all the clothes you'd like to wear once you have lost your weight, write a list of all the reasons why you want to lose weight and get your mind set to realise that you ARE going to do this.

good luck and have a bit more faith in yourself, you can do this xxx

hey!! im new too, this is my 5th day into it. i too, attempted it in the past and couldnt get passed the first day so i know exactly how you feel!!i have had a love affair with food since FOREVER and no matter what anyone says, it IS an addiction and a hard one to gain control over.this being my 5th day, i feel it is getting easier, yesterdy was bad! my mum and sister in law have both sone it and have said that once you get past the first week or so it gets easier, the craving for food subsides and i have read so many places that you gave a feeling of wellbeing. so just take it one day at a time. i totally respect that it's harder for you with a young child to care for(i live along and can afford to be a bit selfish,lol) but if you could just take it one day at a time. and remember, this programme is extremely hard,and is used for those people either as a last resort or for those who have a lot of weight to lose, therefore, PLEASE dont think of yourself as a failure becos u have slipped up in the past!! you are in no way a failure, like my mum told me, a few times. drink lots of water, make sure u take the recommended shakes or bars a day and know that theres sumone else, who has been right where u are now,here.xx

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum hun.

The first week really is the hardest so just try and take one day at a time.

I was a boredom snacker as well, often I'd spend time in the evening searching the kitchen for food! Now, if I feel peckish and I can't face more water then I have a black coffee.

I have an OH and 3 children to cook for but it is fine now. If you can stick with it past the first week you will find it gets easier and easier and you become detached from food.

Even the weekly shop holds no worries for me these days, in fact if anything my trolley contains more healthy food than ever before.

You can do this, we are here to help BUT you must believe in yourself as well.

Good luck.

x

you have got to really want to do it to get yourself through the first week hun. you need to sit down and have a good talk to yourself. make yourself a scrap book if that helps, stick in all the clothes you'd like to wear once you have lost your weight, write a list of all the reasons why you want to lose weight and get your mind set to realise that you ARE going to do this.

good luck and have a bit more faith in yourself, you can do this xxx

That sounds like a good idea. I think i do need to sit in the quiet and remind myself why i want this. thanx

Good for you hun, you can do this :) x

thanx orla! i think im really gonna try hard and get past the 1st wk and hopefully the loss will give me a big kick.

hey!! im new too, this is my 5th day into it. i too, attempted it in the past and couldnt get passed the first day so i know exactly how you feel!!i have had a love affair with food since FOREVER and no matter what anyone says, it IS an addiction and a hard one to gain control over.this being my 5th day, i feel it is getting easier, yesterdy was bad! my mum and sister in law have both sone it and have said that once you get past the first week or so it gets easier, the craving for food subsides and i have read so many places that you gave a feeling of wellbeing. so just take it one day at a time. i totally respect that it's harder for you with a young child to care for(i live along and can afford to be a bit selfish,lol) but if you could just take it one day at a time. and remember, this programme is extremely hard,and is used for those people either as a last resort or for those who have a lot of weight to lose, therefore, PLEASE dont think of yourself as a failure becos u have slipped up in the past!! you are in no way a failure, like my mum told me, a few times. drink lots of water, make sure u take the recommended shakes or bars a day and know that theres sumone else, who has been right where u are now,here.xx

thanx cuddly... guess im feelin better already that im not alone. we're all in the same boat. xxx

Welcome to the forum hun.

The first week really is the hardest so just try and take one day at a time.

I was a boredom snacker as well, often I'd spend time in the evening searching the kitchen for food! Now, if I feel peckish and I can't face more water then I have a black coffee.

I have an OH and 3 children to cook for but it is fine now. If you can stick with it past the first week you will find it gets easier and easier and you become detached from food.

Even the weekly shop holds no worries for me these days, in fact if anything my trolley contains more healthy food than ever before.

You can do this, we are here to help BUT you must believe in yourself as well.

Good luck.

x

Hi wibbly and welcome. As the others have said, the first week is the hardest, its when your body is adjusting and using up its glycogen stores. After that, it should be plain sailing, but you need to keep your "determined" head on. There is a link at the top, on the big blue band, which takes you to "tutorials" and there is a lot of useful information in there. Also you might like to take a look at the "inspirational slideshow" which has photos of people's losses and progress pics. Once again, welcome hun, and keep posting. x x

thanx eclipse :) ive seen the slide but havent tried the tutorials. i'll check them out now. thanx so much.

Hi wibbly and welcome. As the others have said, the first week is the hardest, its when your body is adjusting and using up its glycogen stores. After that, it should be plain sailing, but you need to keep your "determined" head on. There is a link at the top, on the big blue band, which takes you to "tutorials" and there is a lot of useful information in there. Also you might like to take a look at the "inspirational slideshow" which has photos of people's losses and progress pics. Once again, welcome hun, and keep posting. x x

welcome to the forum hun yes it is hard but set ya mind it is the willpower that does it too good luck sweetie and let us know how things go please. xxx

Aww, thanks honey. I aim for at least 4 litres but sometimes struggle with that and only get down 2. I have definitely noticed a link between how much water I drink and how much I lose though. The last two weeks I've made a conscious effort to drink loads each day and had good losses, but on the weeks when I only manage 2 litres a day I only lost about 2lb.

So get glugging ;)

do u weigh urself daily or wkly?

Aww, thanks honey. I aim for at least 4 litres but sometimes struggle with that and only get down 2. I have definitely noticed a link between how much water I drink and how much I lose though. The last two weeks I've made a conscious effort to drink loads each day and had good losses, but on the weeks when I only manage 2 litres a day I only lost about 2lb.

So get glugging ;)

I'm a naughty girl and got into the habit of weighing daily just after my first wee. However, I only ever update my ticker and tell people about the official WI at the chemist each Monday. My daily weighs don't count, they just keep me motivated.

thanx madhousemum.....love the name :) it really sounds like LT is a mind game. its all up there. think eally need to have a word with myself tonight. lol

welcome to the forum hun yes it is hard but set ya mind it is the willpower that does it too good luck sweetie and let us know how things go please. xxx

Back