Newbieee.

Your meal looks perfectly fine! All i would say (and it may be different for you) i try not to spend my syns on what could be classed as 'healthy extras' as i find my body just thinks im having more He's than i should do and doesnt shift weight easily. (e.g when you had baby bells as snacks) and i would avoid mug shots as snacks on a dailey basis, once in a while is fine but i wouldnt do it too frequently, aim for superfree snacks before anything else if you can do.

always remember '' if you dont want free food, your not hungry'' :)

Your meal plan looks perfectly fine, and aslong as you dont feel fit to b urst by the end of the day, you havnt eaten too much :) so your fine!! like i said, just up that superfree.. and maybe try extra hard to vary what your having for lunch and dinner.. like i always try not to have pasta for lunch and dinner, or potatoe for lunch and dinner.. rice etc..so for me, i might swap your wholemeal pasta for lunch for some new pots? but thats just me! you have to do whats right for you.. im sure for your first week on SW your going to have a good loss anyways!

me- well, im on my first week ever of a 'fishy week' its not been as hard as i thought it would be, as i find fish revolting.. but im yet to actually gag over a meal yet hahaha.. lets hope i can have a massive weight loss boost like others have had!! xx

Wicked thanks :):) Yeah i may just swap that, or take out the pasta all together, I dont want to be too full..!

Is it okay to have no syns at all? As I dont have much in at the moment and finding it hard to syn believe it or not!! Thats such a good motto and soo true lol.

Ohh im guessing thats a red week then?! Is it supposed to help the weight loss then? I may try a red day soon, i seem to stick with green for some reason.

x

You have to try all plans really to figure out what works best. Personally i only do EE, but if i do defect to R&G i prefer to do a full week of either.

No, you really should have atleast 5! i am the worst culprit for this, however i only cut my syns down to 5 when i started struggeling towards target. The thing is, if you have none now, youl find that when you have slip ups, its a shock to your body and it'l cling to it more.. and when you do start struggeling, youl have nothing to cut back on because you never had them.. and like me, youl start to feel guilty when you do use them which is silly. . and actually on testing it out, my losses are NO better, hand on heart when i have 0 syns, than when i average 5 a day.

You ought to atleast aim for 8.. and start this now, as you dont wanta syn free week first week and then suffer a smaller loss (although you will ahve a smaller losses as the weeks go on, as your first week is always a bit of a ';boost' for most anyways) because youv introduced them at a later date. Of course i can only talk from my experiance, everyone really does work differently.. for example some can ahve 'flexi syn days' and still have a loss, me.. flexi syn = atleast 2.5 gain. :eek: (just incase you dont know, flexi syn is what sw call a day where you choose a limit, say 50.. and thats your syn allowance for the day, its so that when you have unavoidable events like weddings etc and you have no control over the food, or say birthdays when you want to fully enjoy the day a bit more.. your still in control but have more flexibility!

no im not following the fishy week as a red week.. i think some did but i dont find red ever boosted my loss anyways, and although i lost the first hafl of my weight on R&G as thats all exsisted back then, now 1 week on it only manages me a 1/2 lb loss or even a gain from the extra HE's since being on EE so itd take me a few weeks for my body to re-ajust and loose.. which isnt worth it to me as i love EE and havnt looked back since starting, even though i was a major sceptic when it first came out!

im following it EE style, my food diary is in the WL section if you wanna take a peak. Im only trying it because a bunch on girls on here tried eating fish twice a day for a week and had MAJOR losses.. one lost 8lb! others between 2.5-5.. and the girl who lost 8 managed another 4 the week after doing another fishy week, and she was almost at target too!!! xx

Ahh okay brilliant thanks :)

I dont understand EE, surely its easy to slip back into eating bad things? Oh I will take a look yeah, thanks.

Sounds like amazing losses! So you can use your two HEB's on the two pieces of fish?

I did WW for ages and did really well,I wasnt in an office job then and so got a lot more exercise, but i managed really well with it. This is the biggest I have been and it was about time I did something about it rather than just winging to the bf lol, but WW became too restrictive and I love the fact that fruit is free on SW!. My bf's half doing it too which is good, he just eats what i tell him he can as he doesnt understand it lol. MEN!

x

Is it possible you could link me to your diary, im new to all this forum stuff lol.x

Its great you have that support- my OH is whippit thin and can eat whatever the hell he wants. Gumble grr. It makes life difficult for me at times.

No, with EE you have one HE which i use on 2 alpen light bars.. then fish is free... if you did red fish is free also... Thats a point actually, you are making sure you syn or heb' you tuna yes? (only i ask because when i every first started i didnt realise fish was free on red and not on green!! lol)

I dont see how you could slip into eating bad things again, its just portion control really-which i have none of LOL
It is difficult to get your head round and think Red&green take more planning and concentration, making it feel a bit more 'diety' where as with EE you eat completly normally, ie, eating carbs and meat together etc.. aslong as you cook it properly.. cutting fat off.. using fry light etc .. but youd do that anyways when following red and green..

i was SO sceptical when my C explained it too us when it first came out.. but the rest of my group followed it and i didnt want to be the only one who didnt! i lost 4lb, (1.2 a lb more than i did in my first ever week) and never looked back. I actually find R&G hard work now and i cant understand how it was just 'life' for me in the beginning!

i even managed a 6lb loss on EE one week! xx

Haha, mine has weight to lose but he eats whatever he wants lol. I have to reign him in lol.
Wow thats brilliant, im going to try that fish thing i think. Yeah unfortunately, I have been synning/HE-ing my fish lol. I have no sense of portion control either lol. I need to get a small sectioned plate and stick to it lol.
I may have to have a read of the EE plan as it does sound easy and hopefully will bring big losses! Im hoping that as i have around two stone to lose that my first week will be a good one. I was 11 3 last time i looked, i would love to be 11 or under!

x

Naughty! you really shouldnt scale peak! its the WORST thing you can do!!

EE really is EASY!!! i actually dont think 2stone is 'alot' to loose in the grande scheme of it, you should be proud your doing somthing about it now before its completly out of hand! - i know 2 stone proberly seems like a mountain to climb, but look at this way.. my average weight loss was 1 lb per week in weeks it took me to get to first target, it took me 15 months to loose 4 st 8.5lbs, so with only 2 stone to loose it could be off in 8!! xx

Haha no scale peaking, i weighed myself yesterday as it was the proper start. I always see that that ive put on a lb or something mid week and give up lol so i stay away from them!!

I have just rummaged in the cupboard and have found a baby plate with food dividers, sounds ridiculous but im totally using that for lunches and dinners!! Theres a big space (superfree) medium (free) and mini (syns or HEB's).
Adios overly-large portions!! :wave_cry:

I think I will stick with green days for now, but i may increase my fish intake for the rest of the week and see how i do :) I love fish and seafood so i should be right at home... are you feeling queasy at the thought of muscles and clams.? i love em' haha!!

I really hate exercise but im hoping to go for walks every evening that we can. I have re-jigged my food plan for tomorrow aswel, less carbs and more superfree & some fish. No mug shot and babybels only as a HEA.

x

:eek::jelous: Queeezy isnt the word! GAG!
Glad youl be enjoying them though! and you 'revised' meal plan looks fabulous.

walking is good for you! and i find i feel better 'mentally' after some exercise, but getting the motivation to do it in the first place is a major biggy for me. :break_diet: lol

ooh, well maybe the baby plate will be a learning curve for you then, you can eat with a normal plate when you can be trusted lol!
I dont personally think portion control is the be all and end all.. so dont make life difficult or let it make sw a 'diet' for you. at the end of the day, your not hurting yourself by eating big portions are you! its not like drinking alcohol, or even smoking.. so whats the problem! i LOVE my massive portions.. which i think is how i achieved my massive 6lb loss that time, because after 2 years on sw and eating massive portions i tried to learn 'portion control' and it seemed to kick start my losses again! my portion control lasted for about a month before i caved.. i love feeling FULL! i just try to avoid that beached whale stuffed feeling LOL
x

Haha thanks.
Yeah i dont mind walking but i hate every minute that im running/jogging and convince myself that i will be near death if i carry on lol so i stop.

Im not sure if i should ever be trusted haha! Yeahh, i think sometimes i do need to calm it down. Oh yeah the beached whale feeling is a good one lol. Normally follows a roast for me, but I havent felt like that since I started so i must be doing something right!

I just used that "if you dont want free food then your not hungry" on the OH and got a disgusted look as he sat back down after my offer if cauliflower.. guess he wasnt really hungry! lol :p

x

haha, its true though isnt it! -mind you, im not a fan of cauliflower either haha. - My OH constantly asks for more before iv even finished my meal, hes like a ganit...BUT if i make him wait for me to finish mine first, then offer him more he always says he doesnt want it anymore, proving that im right when i tell him he doesnt eat slow enough to know when he's full. I have learnt to eat slower, but could still eat a bit slower :p

Mind you, iv been eating my meals sooooooooooo fast this week- so that i dont taste too much fish :D you should have seen how fast thursdays salmon stiryfry went.. megafast i tell thee! :jelous:

x

Haha oh i loveeeeeeeeee salmon!! I do have my limits with fish though. If a whole one was slapped on my plate I would bin it lol. It has to be de-boned, de-skinned, i just want to see the bit i can eat or i wont touch it lol.

Yeah my OH always seems "hungry" when he so obviously isnt. I eat at an okay speed i think, could probably be slower though!

Well i am off to tidy up and do the boring stuff.. speak tomorrow no doubt.
Happy slimming! Zzzzz.

Early post as out today, going to the local farm shop at some point today aswel, which is my favourite place to shop, not sure that that will be the case now that im being healthy though lol.
I will restrain myself from the cheese counter!

With Fern's help I have re-jigged the food plan which is now as follows:

Brekkie:
Melon Boat with strawberries & raspberries with a small lump of VLF natural yog.
2 eggs and dry fried mushrooms with half half tin of baked beans.

Lunch:
57g salmon (HEB) with large salad & sweetcorn.
3 egg whites from three boiled eggs (not a fan of the yolk)

Dinner:
wholemeal pasta + 113g tuna (HEB)
42g low fat chesse (HEA)
loads of veg

Snacks
3 babybel lights (HEA)
packet of quavers - 5 syns

I will find something else in my house to syn with, not sure what yet though! Hope everyone has a good day!!
As I said im still new to this game so if anyone has any tips that will help to get them lbs disappearing, they will be mucho appriciated :)

See yaa!! x

Right a change has to happen!! Didnt go out, didnt do a lot today really was very boring but nice not to be at work!!

Im having chinese tonight.. :cry:

Today so far i've had
Brekkie:
Melon Boat with strawberries & raspberries with a small lump of VLF natural yog with some porridge oats sprinkled on top (HEB)
2 eggs and dry fried mushrooms with half half tin of baked beans.
3 mini babybels (HEA)

I had two mug shots throughout the day which wasn't great but one was syn free (thats my excuse and im sticking to it! ;))

I worked out that if i have what i want to have its gonna be quite a few syns, however, I will just have to cut back on syns tomorrow which will be easy coz im at work and can leave my purse at home!

Oh the dramas of a change in plans! I will be good ish.. my only downfall will be BBQ pork which ive put about about 15syns? If anyone knows different please let me know as i am happy not have any syns tomorrow or the day after. I would rather do something like that to make it up that just pass it off as one bad night or do the flexi syn thing :)

Hoping to go for a walk with the OH tomorrow night if the weather is better (bucketing it down at the moment).

Hope your all okay! x x x

Only you know if its worth the synage hon. I personally wouldnt do it unless i REALLY wanted it.. or it was a special occasion.

Esp so early on in the game! you wanna stay motivated by seeing good looses.. but then others can get away with it so you may still loose. Have a good day hon, and enjoy your food whatever you do!

p.s .. your original food plan looked fab xxx

Right had a horrible day at work... Im a complaint handler and spent the whole day listening to a solicitor twist everything i said, to suit him and his case!!
I could have honestly eaten myself into oblivion today with the stress but i didnt!!:)

Today's food has been lovely, only used five syns today due to the chinese last night which i was quite good with so halo's all round!!
B:
apple
banana
fat free muller yog - 1 syn
nectarine

L:
egg and light mayo salad brown sandwich - HEB + 4 syns
apple
2 satsuma's

D:
Jacket potato
cheese (HEA)
beans
salad
and melon and pineapple for pudding :)

Am well chuffed that I had such a good day with no mug shots involved, woo hoo. Hopefully, now that I have succesfully saved enough syns from that chinese, i shouldnt see to much of a negative effect from it - here's hoping anyway.

Hope everyone is okayyy :)
xxx

Feeling veryyy virtuous today.. went to macdonalds with my friend and while she ate a big mac and chips i had an apple bag and a bottle of water... not even a single chip!!

Today as been good, getting a bit addicted to mug shots but i dont have any left now lol so they are no more.

B:
banana
nectarine
2 satsumas

L:
jacket pot
cheese HEA
beans
1 mug shot - free

D:
apple bag
spaghetti + cheese HEA
mushrooms, garlic
1 mug shot
2 babybel - 4 syns
packet of quavers - 5 syns

Not the healthiest day but within my syns and I avoided macdonalds!!!!

xxxxxxx

Riiiiiiiight, just in from my cake decoration course, quick tea and soon to be off to bed! Soo knackered!!

Brekkie:
apple
banana
satsuma
muller yog - 1syn

Lunch:
egg mayo sandwich (HEB) - 4syns
satsuma

Dinner:
egg mayo sandwich (HEB) - 4syns (same as above, not the best i know but i was on the move)

Hungry-stop-myself-starving-supper:
small amount of wholemeal pasta
tofu
kidney beans
tinned toms

Yep today was a green day, yum yum yum.
Really hoping for a good loss on Saturday! I would really like to go for a walk one evening but it soo cold and rainy :(

xxxxxx

Tomorrow's plan!
Im not sure what im doing tomorrow night so I shall post this now.

B:
porridge + candarel (HEB)
350ml skimmed milk (HEA)
2 tbsps jam - 4syns
nectarine

L:
wholemeal pasta
tinned toms
tofu
kidney beans
lots of lettuce, cucumber, toms + red onion

D:
boiled potatoes
tuna (HEB)
loads of brocolli

Im sticking to green days as i find them cheaper as the meat is expensive for red days. I do love tuna though and was on offer in Asda, bargain!

Night guys, I will let you know how my weigh-in goes on Sat... hopefully i will have lost 3-4lbs :)

xxxx

Back