Step 1 Sole Source Newbies 2014

Well done on the great weight loss this week. I've just back from my first WI and I've lost 10lb. I'm really pleased and looking forward to next Mondays weigh in already! Would love to lose 4lb to get to 1 stone. Dreading Sunday as we normally go out to eat on Mother's Day but I will have to be strong and resist! Hope everyone has a good week. X

Well done Sammy, it's a real boost isn't it. Have already told my kids I want nothing in the house that I can either eat or drink. If they want to get me anything for Mother's Day, it's got to be non fattening! I must admit, now that everyone in the house has come round to me doing this, it's been so much easier. No one is tempting me with anything which is a bonus! X

Hi All. Thought id pop on this thread and introduce myself. Hope you dont mind. I started SS+ just yesterday. Stuck to it 100% yesterday and relied heavily on water and had had a few cups of tea and coffee to tide me over.

Id love to loose about 21Ib before my holiday in 6 weeks but would be happy with anything over 1 stone.

It would seem like ive left dieting a bit late but believe me when I say ive half heartedly tried every other diet under the sun in the past few months. Definitely a case of all or nothing when it comes to me dieting.

xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

It's a massive boost and it makes doing another week a lot easier. My boys are 2yrs 4mts and 5mts so it would be my hubby that buys naughty things but he's very supportive and has got me a spa day for later in the year (hopefully will feel better in swimwear by then). I just miss the whole social side of eating but it's only short term and will be completely worth it. X

Well done Sammy, thats a brilliant loss!!! It really spurs you on to continue when you see results like that! As for mothers day, Im the same, we normally go out but his Sunday we are going to my mother in laws for lunch with OH, son and my mum etc, so I will feel a little pressure to eat (especially as most of them dont know Im on this!) so Im not sure how to get around this and I dont want to eat anything really as I have my weigh in the next day - dilemma!!!

With regards to presents I always get choc as Im a total chocoholic and its normally the big square box of ferrero rocher... yummmmmmmmm... which I can demolish in one day :( no wonder I need to diet all the time. A spa day sounds bloody lovely and i wish I had thought of something similar as it will be a nice treat and reward for doing so well :) x

I can imagine how hard that must be still having little ones to run about after. Hopefully it doesn't leave you any time to feel hungry! Thankfully mine are all grown up now, the partner is a big eater though so still lots of cooking going on. This would be so much easier if I lived alone. Lol. X

Slim - it the traditional Sunday lunch thing? I've got the same problem on Saturday when we're going to meet my partners son.
You can either go the good route, just have meat and loads of veg avoiding the potatoes and gravy. This means no wine and no pud!
Or just have a really smashing day, enjoy spending it with your family and make damn sure you get back on it in the morning.
Think I'm going for something inbetween. I'm going to eat but not go mad (if I can!), maybe have a drink or 2 and that's it. I know it'll take a couple of days to get over it but this is real life isn't it. Good luck! X

Yes I think it is Anne! I will feel awful not eating anything at all esp as the mother in law is going to all that effort and I have to make choc brownies to take with me, OMG thats going to kill me!! But youre right, we still have to live and be sociable, so try and avoid as much damage as possible. My main issue is once I have something, even if its tiny, it will lead onto bigger things, I dont seem to have an off switch :(
I dont blame you, going for something in between, that way it will feel like a massive treat but with as little damage as possible... x

That's the intention, I'm not saying that once I'm there I'll stick to it. I've never met the son before and he's getting married in a couple of weeks so we thought it prudent that we all meet up beforehand. It's going to be awkward enough without being taken out and then me sitting on water all night and refusing any food. I'll just play it by ear but if I do end up having more than I should I'm not going to beat myself up about it. Just get back on it the next day. Hope you have a lovely day with your family. X

I know what you mean about the off switch. I think that's why I've never been able to stick to a traditional diet. They tell you to gauge your hunger and stop when you're full. That bit never seems to come! I honestly do not have a switch that says ok, you can stop now! Lol x

haha Anne I am exactly the same! I would just eat and eat until I literally cant eat anymore, I wish I could just be "normal".
Thank you, I hope you have a lovely day meeting him and you are quite right, it might be a bit odd sipping water and not eating, just take it as it comes and get back on it on the Monday!
Oh also.... I am NOT in ketosis!! :( very annoyed with that, I guess I knew I wasnt seeing that Ive been so hungry all the time x

Have you eaten or drunk something which would knock you out of ketosis? I also notice that when I use the ketostix, the result varies at different times of the day and depending how much I've had to drink, if it's too dark I know I need to drink more. X

No I havent at all. The only thing I can think it might be is that I take berocca which may be having an impact? But I thought this was carbs and cal free...
Yeah this diet move at all in colour and I used it not on my first morning one but he one after as my consultant said the first morning one will be quite dark and in ketosis due to not having drunk/eaten for 8-10 hours etc x

Not sure about the Berocca, I take an effervescent vitamin c+zinc every day, I know it's citric acid which I'm told we're to avoid but it hasn't seem to have done me any harm. Just keep doing what your doing cos it's working! X

Back