NEWBIES - Do you fancy starting a group?

Well done Pammie that's an amazing loss.

The constipation was looking back, bought on my my own stupidity. About 2 weeks before I started CD I lost my appetite (i think i was so down about my body) and i started to have approx 200 calories a day / about 11g of carbs - that wasn't intentional I just had no appetite and couldn't eat anymore. So the contrast from my very bad diet of looking back about 4,000 calories a day: giant bars of chocolates, cakes, pizza, crisps, curries (I can't begin to describe how much I just to eat). It was too much for my body & I wasn't drinking (I had about 1 glass of water a day). So over that 2 weeks I didn't really go to the toilet.
Then I started CD - and after about 5 days on CD I managed to get very painfully a small number 2 out - and I thought that was it. So I bought some fibre89, but I was still constipated - so I took a few Senakot, but that didn't work. So I think it got to the point where my body couldn't take it anymore (so i had to seek medical attention).

So I think I had constipation so bad, because of my own stupidity, not CD (I know people can get constipated through CD, but I don't think it would get to this point) - I want to explain that - incase anyone reading this is put off starting CD. I also want to point out I didn't intentionally try & starve myself - I just lost my appetite & was having trouble keeping food down. That's why I started CD so i can get all my vit&mins while having a light diet.

Thank-you for taking to read this. I want to emphasis the pain got so bad, I was shaking with pain, it was hard to stand up and even though the number 2 was there (the giant rabbit droppings) wouldn't come out, I thought when I got a small number 2 out 5 days into my CD - that was painfull, but I can't express the pain I felt & I was bleeding a lot. I know this is disgusting & I apolyise to anyone reading this. I am very embarrassed about my body, so I wouldn't of gone to the doctor - unless I couldn't of taking the pain anymore.

I want to emphasis this, as I am sure there are alot of people thinking about joining CD, or other diets that my be reading these posts.

You may think a diet like CD SS is expensive, for the powders you get & you could do a DIY very low calorie, low carb diet yourself. Don't unless you have gone to a nutrientist & can get all your vits/mins etc on the diet plan they give you.

That for me is the beauty of CD SS, if your not super-rich or super-famous, you can't afford nutrientists & personal chefs to make your all your food for you. I used to love "bad" convenience food, I was too lazy to make healthy food if I'm honest and that is why the diet is fab for me.

I also can't emphasis the importance of water, in all diets. I think we forget how much water is contained in food. We are all aware how essential water is, you probably remember at school when we were very young they used to say the body could go on a long time without food, but we would we die much quicker of dehydration.

I have no doubt, it was because I drank so little water during my 2 weeks before CD, that my constipation was so bad. I know in this weather it is hard to drink so much water, but there is no point in being slim if we are so ill we can't enjoy it. Whatever diet we are on drinking enough is essential.

I am in no-doubt that after i have lost the weight, I will have to maintain my weight through good old fashioned healthy eating & exercise.
I just don't want others to starve themselves, even if you don't feel like eating, if I lost my appetite from feeling so down about my body - I'm sure others have. I was in agony from constipation after 2 weeks, and I wasn't having the vits & mins my body needed - so if I had carried on that diet longer, I would have make myself extremely ill.

So all the VLCD cynics out there, that think diets like CD are con and tell people to lose weight by eating less, and exercising or "jokingly" say stop eating or say it would cost less if you ate a piece of fruit or some lean chicken & lettuce - least by going on CD we are getting the vits/mins we need and I think everyone following this diet is aware in the long term we will have to maintain our weight by healthy eating & exercise.

The government moans about the cost of obesity on this country. Yes, it is a huge problem, but how much are they doing to help it.
I am 26, from a generation, where I wasn't taught to cook at school, they didn't give nutritional advice.
I am in no doubt, me being obese is my own fault, no one forced me to eat junk food & lots of it.
I used to be fairly athletic at school & uni and I was given a free McDonalds Gold Card (which I cut up a while a go) it was given to sports people. Basically it was a free McDonalds meal for life - i think you were only meant to use it once a day, but you could pass it to your friends, visit another McDonalds - go back a free hours later etc
So in theory if you were broke, you could live on McDonalds, very healthy and very helpful to sports people.

I rang up a swimming pool yesterday to see the cost of a 1 hour swim it was almost £4.
I know it's a bad time finiancially for the government at the mo, but they can give out free theatre tickets for under 26 year olds. Why don't they offer some free sports sessions for children & some subsidised sessions for adults (& perhaps free sessions for the obese - if they participate in a certain amount of exercise/sessions a week).

Last edited:
Everyone is doing really well!! Sorry I haven't been able to post but just haven't had the time, have been busy with family and work and stuff. Has anybody been exercising? Have been feeling a bit disillusioned this week but have just been looking at the inspiration slide show and that has perked me up again. Hope you are all feeling ok :23:

im good at the exercising i do at least 30 mins step on the wii fit a day its the picking and this week the drinking ive struggled with only ;lost 2.9lbs but better off than on!!!

SSing all the way and hitting it hard this week!!!!

I would love to be counted in as i am struggling on my own!!!

xxx

didnt know about the inspirational slide show!! wow what a boost if your ever struggling take a peek!!!

Hi guys,

Well I am absolutely over the moon, my first week and 11lbs gone wooohoooo!!! I would like to join the newbies group please.

Chat later

Bev

WOW!!! congrats bev thats fab!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Emmie, it really spurs you on doesn't it!! and my TOTM started the same day as I started CD so I am really proud of myself :) because normally I use that as an excuse to comfort eat.... and now with the first weekend out of the way I am even more motivated :) the only thing I am finding is that I still miss food, the taste mostly but I am definitely not hungry. Does the missing of food go away?

yep it just take a little time! you find that coz your not hungry you sort of pass it by!!

youll be fine with all us to chat to!!
xxxxxxxx

Hi bigkisses_uk and Bevy!

Bevy 11lbs that is wonderful well done!

The inspriational Slide Show is a must, when you think you can't do there in front of you is the evidence that you can!

Emmie - well done for all your exercising!

It's amazing isn't it! we can do this!

we certainly can do this! Does anyone find they have a good loss if they keep up the excercise? Im going to go to the gym tonight and tomorrow to try and undo some of the damage i did on sunday!

xxx

Any exercise is going to help as it uses up calories...but if you are doing SS you need to just keep in mind that you will get tired easier, so slowly does it at first...I have heard it recommended that you have 1/2 a shake before you go and and 1/2 after so that you have energy before you do it and energy after to keep you full.

:8855:

Hey ladies, great inspiration. I started yesterday, bumpy ride on the wagon first day, day 2 better...water problem mind! Onwards and downwards....

Hope we can spur each other on this often mad crazy bumpy windy road!!

:8855:

Hi Ladies,

So my official weigh in tonight, it's day 8 though as my CDC goes to college on a Monday night.... according to my scales this morning though I have lost 13lbs :) I am going to try different flavour shakes this week and definitely getting porridge for every morning, it makes me feel like I am eating something at least...

I hope everyone is well, chat soon x

oohh well done bevy!!! thats only 1lbs of a STONE!!!!!!! you go girl!!
btw i think the porridge is RANK!! hehe!!

:8855:I agree Emmie...I think it looks like and I think it tastes like wallpaper paste....not that I ever tasted wallpaper paste but it would taste like that porridge.:rolleyes:

I live off porridge. I love it. Plus now they've released an apple n cinnamon porridge. If I like that I might have it in place of my X-mas dinner. Funny how people's palates are different. I can't stand the shakes and soups, I can really taste all the nutrients in them.

Back