NEWBIES - Do you fancy starting a group?

Hi all, I'd love to join in as i'm starting on the 29th!! I'm really nervous to be honest be have started to cut carbs and drink more water. I'm looking for some outside help as my partner is a chef and although he is supportive, my house is constantly full of food !!!!!!!
Thought getting some support on here will keep me on track and away from the fridge.

Hi, my names Katya an i will be starting sole source on 5th Jan. I'm a bit nervous i wont like the shakes or soups. What flavours would you suggest i try/keep away from? I have masses of weight (8 stoneish) to lose xx

Starting CD on 4th Jan, all your positive thinking is giving me all th motivation i need! good luck everyone xxx

Hi Katya, I have a long journey too with 6 stone to lose but i'm determined to do this. I start tomorrow so i can keep you posted on how im finding it. I'm also abit worried about the soups and shakes but im actually looking forward to having a break from food!!! although i'll see if i feel the same after the first few days, haha

Hey Katya. What I would suggest on the shakes and soups is take a variety. I stocked up on chocolate and chocolate mint and I couldn't stand them so I had to ask my CDC to swap them around for me. Everyone's tastes are different so with time you will find out what you like and what you don't. I do not have any soups anymore as I hate them all. I however live off a strawberry shake and two porridge packs a day. On weigh in day I treat myself to a toffee malt bar which is very very nice, I don't keep any bars with me as they are too tempting to snack/binge on lol. All the best with the starts ladies. It's a pity the forum isn't as busy as it normally is, it can keep you occupied for hours he he.

Grrr i'm annoyed lol. I posted this whole long reply and it hasnt shown up!!!!

Basically i said:
Yeh i have ordered one of each, and a couple extra of the ones i think i will like, esp the porridge.
Is anyone on the 2 shakes and a bar a day? Do you recomend it? Is it better than 3 shakes a day?

I have brought a smoothie maker

I also have a an electric cappuccino maker which i can take to work and use there as i have been told that the shakes taste really grainy if theyre not mixed well.

How is everyone gonna cope with not being able to eat. I'm fine during the day until 6ish when i get home, then get bored and want to snack! What can i do to distract myself? may use wii.

Has anyone got recipes that you can makes with the packets?

Last edited by a moderator:
Grrr now i really am annoyed.
This is the second time i have posted this message and it hasnt shown up both times!

I have ordered one of each flavour plus a few extra of those that i think i will like. I have also brought a smoothie maker and an electric cappuccino whisk as i was told that if the shakes arent mixed properly they taste really grainy and i'm a fussy eater as it is.

My and my boyfriend have set reward targets for each stone i lose so i have more incentive:
Ø[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]1 Stone – Date
Ø[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]2 Stone – Earrings
Ø[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]3 Stone – Trip to Paris/ London
Ø[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]4 Stone – Wearing ring again
Ø[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]5 Stone – Romantic meal (me with my soup lol)
Ø[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]6 Stone – New jeans/ t-shirt
Ø[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]7 Stone – Photo shoot
Ø[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]8 Stone – Underwear

Will u be using the bars in the 3rd week? I think it will be nice to be able to chew something and ive been told that they are more filling.

Last edited:
Grrr now i really am annoyed.
This is the second time i have posted this message and it hasnt shown up both times!

I have ordered one of each flavour plus a few extra of those that i think i will like. I have also brought a smoothie maker and an electric cappuccino whisk as i was told that if the shakes arent mixed properly they taste really grainy and i'm a fussy eater as it is.

My and my boyfriend have set reward targets for each stone i lose so i have more incentive:
Ø1 Stone – Date
Ø2 Stone – Earrings
Ø3 Stone – Trip to Paris/ London
Ø4 Stone – Wearing ring again
Ø5 Stone – Romantic meal (me with my soup lol)
Ø6 Stone – New jeans/ t-shirt
Ø7 Stone – Photo shoot
Ø8 Stone – Underwear

Will u be using the bars in the 3rd week? I think it will be nice to be able to chew something and ive been told that they are more filling.

Hi Diddums - your membership is too young to allow for links which is why you're previous messages aren't showing up.

Ahhhh thanks DQ!! Was wondering why. How long will it take before i can post links? I understand why it does it just slightly annoying lol.

Im new too!

Hello all, I'm so glad I have found this site, looks really good! I have a feeling that I'm gonna need lots of support as I have 10 st to shed!!!!!:eek: I will be starting cd tomorrow and I am determined to get this weight off and keep it off!

good luck to all x :)

Hi,
I am going to be a newbie, I am meeting my CDC next tues and hope to start SS next wed. I have approx 6 stone to lose.

Hey guys, best of luck to those of you who are just starting out!! Diddums, the bars are a bit like Marmite - love them or hate them. They can cause tummy trouble for some people (bloating/wind) but I would deffo recomend trying a few different flavours!

How many of you guys are starting today?
xxx

are the bars instead of a shake or as well as? I'm on day 4 and so far so good! i've been doing CD 100%.
I find that in between shakes a hot drink of the orange water flavourer works well, it makes a nice change to constant water x

Just be careful with the water flavourings as they can kick you out of ketosis. I think you can use them after week 2, I think you are allowed a teaspoon a day or something like that. The bars are like the shakes you are only allowed one a day because they are high in carbs, you can have the bars from week 3.

ive had the water flavourings from day one i HATE water!!! i find ive been fine with ketosis and have found them to really help since i can drink SSOO much more when it tastes of something!! you have 1 teaspoon in a litre of water but i find you dont really need that much and have prob 1 and half in 2 litres its quite strong!

hth i LOVE them!!
xxxxxxx

the bars count as one pack, same as the shakes, so you would have it instead of a shake. They are limited to 1 per day and you're not allowed them for the first week or two as they are higher in carbs than the shakes/tetras.

xxx

Last edited:
ok me and my partner have started ss today, we actually quite liked the shakes we had this morning, which is great cos I don't think I'm gonna like the soups much. We just can't wait to see how much we have lost at the weigh-in next thurs.:) Good luck to everyone else starting in the New year! x x x:D

thanks for the tips on water guys! Is fizzy water allowed as it would be another way to get the dreaded stuff down? x

Back