Newbies look here!

sailor_Jack

Gonna be slim again
Hi guys
Im well into my 2nd week now and i cant wait to get up in the morning to jump on the scales!
My trouble and strife is starting to comment on my weight (in a nice way!!):) which is such a boost and gives you the determination to carry on.
Get through that 1st week guys! because you WILL feel great, especially after comments from us on here or family etc. I cant consider going back to how i used to live life! BE focused on the LT programme because as soon as the 1st week is over you will have a real purpose on this diet. I have never been on a diet before where the actions back up its words.
YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

i'm struggling through my first week so your words are a real encouragement. day 2 is going better than day 1 (i cheated!) but i still want cake. i just need to get to the weekend and hopefully it will get easier from there. I just want to see a change on the scales to give me a boost but dont want to become obsessed with weighing myself every day. will prob jump on them tomorrow tho. they better have shifted a pound....

keep up the good work.

x

Edwin - what you really need to do is to keep your eye on the prize. You want to lose weight. You need to lose weight (or they wouldn't have allowed you to do LT). You want this more than a slice of cake.

The cake will momentarily satisfy you but then you will be filled with guilt for the next few days and will also be wondering how much you could have lost at the end of the week if you'd just stuck to the diet.

This diet is harsh, yes, but it gives results and fast!

Keep on drinking the water, black tea and black coffee and space your shakes out nicely. Get yourself into a routine - you'll find it a lot easier.

You can do this. We all can. The only person that will let yourself down is you so don't let that happen. You should promise yourself that you'll get through the first week without any more cheating. As thefutureisbright once said, you should respect yourself enough to keep a promise to yourself.

Good luck x

Gemma, what lovely words, you are an inspirtion to so many and so young! How did you get so wise?

Edwin, this first week is the toughest so you really need to keep focused. Tell yourself just one week and count the days till your first WI. That will give you such a thrill that it will keep you going for another week. One day you will wake up with more energy and not feeling hungry then wayhay the world is your oyster!

Hang in there babe, you can do this.

x

thanks guys. i do feel i can do it today. have passed the 11am cake urge! starting to think about food again as have just given my little boy his lunch and the smell is getting to me but he will be asleep soon... i'm not ashamed that i'm finding it hard, i dont think its entirely normal not to eat and it will take some getting used to. if i dont do it, well at least i know i tried. but today i feel i will suceed - at least for today and tomorrow is another day. x

I agree fab post Gemma............... and Sailor Jack who started this lovely positive thread. Well done guys.x

Edwin, you are so right. There is no shame in finding this hard, if it was easy many more would be doing it. By starting you are showing you are stronger and more determoned than others. I found cooking for my family quite hard at the start and often passed the job onto my eldest to do. Now she bullies me if I so much as joke about having a nibble of her ice cream/sandwich/pizza!!!! The joys of parenting!

Within a few weeks you will find you are more detached about food and it isn't so hard.

Hang in there babe!

x

Hi Edwin,
Can I suggest you take one day at a time. Having read all the threads( stops me from thinking about food) it appears the first 4-5 days are the hardest. This is the time your body is going into ketosis.
Hang in there, read the threads we are here to support each other.

thanks guys. i do feel i can do it today. have passed the 11am cake urge! starting to think about food again as have just given my little boy his lunch and the smell is getting to me but he will be asleep soon... i'm not ashamed that i'm finding it hard, i dont think its entirely normal not to eat and it will take some getting used to. if i dont do it, well at least i know i tried. but today i feel i will suceed - at least for today and tomorrow is another day. x

Edwin hunni... every day that you don't eat is a day closer to your goal. Take each day as it comes and before you know it weeks and even months will have passed and you will have amazed yourself.

You owe it to yourself to do this - just grit your teeth when you get a craving and tell yourself it just isn't worth it - why jeopardise this diet when the results are so amazing - you've seen the proof on here yourself.

Keep plodding on hun - it will get easier.

Mx

thank you this has given me more encouragment to carry on i just miss sitting down with my family. but i am hoping it will pass. edwin well done and stick at it hun xxxxxx

Just for those struggling, this time last week was my third day, and I was finding it very hard. Seven days later, I have been up from 6 am, and I sitting here and I am feeling FAB! No hunger, no pains, and my mood is FAB!

Keep going, you will get here!

Today I have noticed a weight loss, i put on a skirt that I havent worn in just over a week, and it used to come to above my knee, now its below! My belly, that stuck out and still does, it looks like its shrinking!

You can be here, in a few more days, think to the future, thats what I am doing, it will be worth it!

Chin up, if you feel like your about to quit come on here and say or PM someone, I will always help if I can!

I wish everyone could feel this good!

Back