Newbies

msmarcy

Hi All, Wow its late & I cant stop thinking about SW!
I am planning on starting this week on Thursday! I'm really excited & a little nervous.
I'm 5'5 and have around 2 & a 1/2 stone to lose :( Anyone in a similar boat?
I know I need to also get my butt back to the gym after 3 months of not going once but food planning is definately what I really need!
I have one daughter at Primary School so am planning on her eating all the same things as me, as well as her school dinners and snacks of course :) (oh to be young again! Lol)
Just after any advice really & to get to chat to people in the same situation :) x

Last edited:
Hi All, Wow its late & I cant stop thinking about SW!
I am planning on starting this week on Thursday! I'm really excited & a little nervous.
I'm 5'5 and have around 2 & a 1/2 stone to lose :( Anyone in a similar boat?
I know I need to also get my butt back to the gym after 3 months of not going once but food planning is definately what I really need!
I have one daughter at Primary School so am planning on her eating all the same things as me, as well as her school dinners and snacks of course :) (oh to be young again! Lol)
Just after any advice really & to get to chat to people in the same situation :) x

Hi, is there a reason you can't start now instead of in. Weeks time? I say grab bull by horns and go for it. I started on a total unplanned random day and not looked back.

Planning and gym/exercise are great ideas. Good luck x

from fat to skinny jeans only 45lb to go

Hi,

I am starting tomorrow! :) Only reason I waited was I have just got back from a weekend away & am meeting with my friend soon for recipe tips and then off food shopping!
Have you been doing SW long? I'm really looking forward to starting it!!

Hi, Im a newbie too only started Thursday...first weigh in tomorrow! :-/ hopefully ive done well ive been sticking to everything my adviser has said so fingers crossed!

:)

I'm quite new too, been on SW for 3 weeks and I was in a similar position to you. 5'3.5 and needed to lose 2.5st.

I'm quite new as well, have lost 8lb and got my half a stone award :) good luck on your first weigh ins x

Hi all,another newbie here!!! I started about 4 weeks ago and lost 9lbs. I've been laid up for the last week following surgery though and have slipped off plan a little.Get my dressings off and everything checked tomorrow so I can start getting mobile again!!! I want to lose 2 stone before I go away at the end of Aug and around 5 stone in total. Fingers crossed!!!

I'm quite new too, been on SW for 3 weeks and I was in a similar position to you. 5'3.5 and needed to lose 2.5st.

Ah yeh not far off height at all! Iv seen weight drop off my friend who was same size as me and she's been doing it four weeks! Really motivates you!
I'm not going to classes though, will be doing it from home so just hoping I can keep motivating myself and see everyone's stories on here! :)

Hi all,another newbie here!!! I started about 4 weeks ago and lost 9lbs. I've been laid up for the last week following surgery though and have slipped off plan a little.Get my dressings off and everything checked tomorrow so I can start getting mobile again!!! I want to lose 2 stone before I go away at the end of Aug and around 5 stone in total. Fingers crossed!!!

Ah that's great 9lbs! Hope all goes well with the surgery! And I have til September for my goal of 2&1/2!! Eek x

Hiya, I'm a newbie too-starting today, just had the dreaded weigh in lol. Was 10 stone 12 and a quarter. Not sure if that's all genuine weight or if some of its bloat and food sitting in my stomach from the sheer crap ive been putting away the past few weeks lol. Also, * week is soon so that may account for some, so if my weightloss is very big next week it won't be 100percent genuine, but will still be a good motivator.

I've around 2.5 stone to lose also-really nervous about it all in case I get totally sick of veg! I'm not a very good cook, so fingers crossed I can learn! My other half is doing it with me too, so at least there's a bit of friendly competition lol.

Good luck with your journey :)

Ah that's great 9lbs! Hope all goes well with the surgery! And I have til September for my goal of 2&1/2!! Eek x

Lol it's weird, we started same day, have same amount to lose and the same goal time! I'm going on holiday in September, really really doubt il get there by then but I'd like a decent dent in it anyway!

Thankyou!!!! I'm feeling pretty good at the moment and managing to stay on plan now. Looking forward to doing some leg toning excercises soon..no point going through all this just to let myself down with flabby thighs!!! Can't wait for Majorca..where are you going??? And I am SURE we can hit our targets by then :) x

Thankyou!!!! I'm feeling pretty good at the moment and managing to stay on plan now. Looking forward to doing some leg toning excercises soon..no point going through all this just to let myself down with flabby thighs!!! Can't wait for Majorca..where are you going??? And I am SURE we can hit our targets by then :) x

I have a friends Wedding in September and I want to be looking sexy! Lol
I find exercise helps so much! Even if not with weight loss, just feeling firmer is great!
Ah Majorca! Jealous! You'll be getting sunshine! Who are you going away with?
I had my first full day today & feel so good!
Friends sat in front of me eating crisps, dips, chocolate and ice cream!! I just had two meringues and fruit! ? Quite proud of myself for Day 1 lol

Lol it's weird, we started same day, have same amount to lose and the same goal time! I'm going on holiday in September, really really doubt il get there by then but I'd like a decent dent in it anyway!

Well, my friends just lost 13lb in a month & another girl I know lost 4stone in 4 months! So it's definately do-able!! They just persevered. I need to be strong! Lol!

Day 1 complete and I'm happy!! :)

Hey everyone I am new to SW, I started last Wed on the 8th and had my first weigh in on Wed just gone and lost 6 pounds. Very chuffed with that. My advice is keep reading your books, keep a strict food diary and be honest about your syns. Good luck!

Well, my friends just lost 13lb in a month & another girl I know lost 4stone in 4 months! So it's definately do-able!! They just persevered. I need to be strong! Lol!

Day 1 complete and I'm happy!! :)

Wow that's pretty amazing!!

How did you find your first day? Mine wasn't too bad, stuck to plan, I just need to organise myself better!

Hey everyone I am new to SW, I started last Wed on the 8th and had my first weigh in on Wed just gone and lost 6 pounds. Very chuffed with that. My advice is keep reading your books, keep a strict food diary and be honest about your syns. Good luck!

Congrats on that weight loss, such a good motivator to keep going!

Good advice too, I'm not keening how slimming world lay out their food diary so il probably write out a separate one

I have a friends Wedding in September and I want to be looking sexy! Lol
I find exercise helps so much! Even if not with weight loss, just feeling firmer is great!
Ah Majorca! Jealous! You'll be getting sunshine! Who are you going away with?
I had my first full day today & feel so good!
Friends sat in front of me eating crisps, dips, chocolate and ice cream!! I just had two meringues and fruit! ? Quite proud of myself for Day 1 lol

Going with the hubby and our daughter and her friend are coming too. I've had a really good few days and feel totally confident that I can do it long term. Had some pain in my leg through the night (varicose vein surgery) so feeling a bit crappy today but will NOT comfort eat!!! I have healthy snacks galore to munch on. I'm sure you will look fab for the wedding...we CAN do it..:) x

Going with the hubby and our daughter and her friend are coming too. I've had a really good few days and feel totally confident that I can do it long term. Had some pain in my leg through the night (varicose vein surgery) so feeling a bit crappy today but will NOT comfort eat!!! I have healthy snacks galore to munch on. I'm sure you will look fab for the wedding...we CAN do it..:) x

What sort of healthy snacks to you have? I'm conscious of buying too much food in case I eat it all in one to, or it gets wasted so I'm trying to find a balance, but at the same time I'm trying not to break the bank! Sent 30 pounds in tesco yesterday and you wouldn't have seen it :-(

Back