Extra Easy newby !!!! need help

Caki24

Hi, I decided on Tuesday to do the slimming world diet but not got time/funds to attend classes. I am getin married in August and want to loose at least 21lbs.
My good friend explained the ins and outs of extra easy diet and sounds like my kind of eating...
My understanding is I can have either 2 slice wholegrain bread or cereal for breaky and 250ml milk or 28g cheese daily. Pastat, potatoes, lean meat etc are all free and I hav 70 sins per week ?
Is there any online sourses to find sin free foods ? Syn calculators ? Thanks in advance x

There are a lot more things you can have for your healthy extra than just bread and cereal. And many more free foods than the ones you have mentioned. There is a huge list!
Milk allowance depends on the type you are having - semi-skimmed is 250mls, skimmed 375mls
Cheese again depends which one you are having - most reduced fat cheddars are 40g
You can have between 5 and 15 syns a day which is 105 syns a week
There are no syn calculators available to non-members I'm afraid. For things that don't have any free foods in the main ingredient you can use 1 syn for every 20 calories.

To be honest I think you should go along to at least one class if only to get up-to-date info. There is free membership offer in this week's Reveal magazine which might help :)

Last edited:
I agree with PatchworkPuss! I think you'll find it really helpful to go to at least one class to get all the info and hear the plan explained, and you'll be able to ask questions for clarity.

A key thing you haven't mentioned with the extra easy plan is making sure you have at least a third super free foods with every meal (this is one of the key parts for making the extra easy plan work!)...that's your fruit and veg (but some veg are only free, not super free, so you need to be careful - things like potatoes, peas, sweetcorn).

I really really encourage you to go to group, see what it's like...if you get the voucher from Reveal magazine it will only cost you £4.95 to go!...It could be the best £4.95 you'll ever spend :)

I agree - there is a lot of information on here, and people are extremely patient in explaining things, but while there is the offer there you would REALLY benefit from having it all explained properly, and getting a copy of the members book with all the info in it. You can do searches for a lot of syn values on here.

There are a lot more things you can have for your healthy extra than just bread and cereal. And many more free foods than the ones you have mentioned. There is a huge list!
Milk allowance depends on the type you are having - semi-skimmed is 250mls, skimmed 375mls
Cheese again depends which one you are having - most reduced fat cheddars are 40g
You can have between 5 and 15 syns a day which is 105 syns a week
There are no syn calculators available to non-members I'm afraid. For things that don't have any free foods in the main ingredient you can use 1 syn for every 20 calories.

To be honest I think you should go along to at least one class if only to get up-to-date info. There is free membership offer in this week's Reveal magazine which might help :)

thanks

Back