Extra Easy Newby!!!

camz

Gold Member
Hi all :) am new to the boards Onto my 4th week of slimming world, and have lost 11.5lbs in 3 weeks, am over the moon but going to nando's on sat for my birthday - was just wondering if I have chicken and take the skin off would it be free on EE? Xxx

hmmm not sure bout the chicken im a newbie too so welcome and well done so far thats a fantastic loss :)

Welcome and well done on your losses so far! As for the nandos I'm not sure on that one. Hopefully someone who knows will spot this thread and reply.

camz said:
Hi all :) am new to the boards Onto my 4th week of slimming world, and have lost 11.5lbs in 3 weeks, am over the moon but going to nando's on sat for my birthday - was just wondering if I have chicken and take the skin off would it be free on EE? Xxx

There is a nandos thread in the eating out section so if you post in there someone may have a better chance of seeing it. There is a thread that says if you take skin off its free but I'm not sure about that as I thought you had to take the skim off before cooking for things to be free but as I say check over in eating out :)

I am sure you can remove the skin and maybe count it as free or low syn value. The way I see it....your going and fresh chicken is your best option. So removing the Skin is a good choice. They also do corn on the cob and you can ask for no butter on it. We all go out from time to time and sometimes it is hard to stick within the syns allowance, but as long as we make good choices then we are staying in control.
Have you heard of flexi syns? Might be worth considering.

I get butterfly chicken but ask for it to be cooked without skin and that makes it 3 syns as there is still some oil and sauce on it. Spicy rice is 3 syns and side salad is free. Any extra sauce is 0.5 syns a tablespoon. I went and had a really nice meal for 7 syns- not too bad at all! X

Thanks so much for all of your replies - I had the butterfly chicken (skin removed) and corn on the cob (no butter) - but was 6 syns over for the day after a visit to krispy kreme haha! ahh well that's what birthdays are for!! xxx

Back