Newcomer

susiefloozy

Hi, I have never used a site like this before so please bear with me. I joined Slimming World 9 weeks ago and have lost 1st 6lbs so far, hope to lose another 1st 3lbs over the next few months. I have maintained the last 2 weeks and am abit disappointed that although I have stuck to the plan I have not had any loss for 2 weeks. My biggest problem since starting this diet has been constipation, I have even been taking Ducolax, that worked about once or twice but does not seem to have any effect anymore, plus its not good being on laxatives! If anyone could advise me I would be very grateful as its getting to be quite a problem now and although I have tried different things nothing seems to help. Thanks guys. Susie.:confused:

:welcome: Susie!

Congrats on the loss so far thats fantastic!!!! Keep it up and I'm sure it won't be long till you reach your goal!

Everyone occasionally has a few weeks where no matter what they do they don't loose, but don't let it put you off, just keep at it and maybe try adding some extra exercise in or even just changing the exercise activity your doing

as for the constipation, best tricks I've ever found are increasing your fibre intake i.e. lots of extra fruit, make sure your drinking enough fluids and my personal fave...a nice strong coffee...the last one never fails for me

Hope to see you about the boards!

Hi Sophie,

Welcome to the site. It sounds like you've done really well so far so well done.

Sorry to hear about the constipation. Try increasing your water intake and maybe try prune juice if you can stomach it as that's meant to help.

Everyone on here is very friendly with loads of tips and advice to offer.

Good luck with your weight loss journey x

Back