Newly Diagnosed as Type 2 Diabetic

I Shoot Nikons

Hey guys,

I have just been diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes. Not too good at any age, but to develop it at 27 is shocking. I'm embarrassed to admit that it's taken something like this to scare me into finally getting my act together to try and get some of my weight (307 lbs) off.

Hopefully I can find some good advice and support here.

Ross

Hi Ross welcome! Sorry to hear about you getting diabetes. Deciding to take charge of your health and body is never too late. So it's great that you're here.

Do you know which diet/lifestyle you'll try? I know that for people who have diabetes doing something low carb or GI helps to keep the diabetes in check.

Thanks Cali.

The NHS standpoint in the UK is to have starchy carbs with every meal. But as you said the evidence from those who go low carb makes compelling reading. I was considering toeing the party line for a month and seeing what - if any - progress was made. If things aren't going well I was considering South Beach. Though I am open to suggestions.

I almost did South Beach, it's still low carbish.

:)Let us know what you decide to go with, and keep us up to date on your results.

Back