newly minted IF-er

cassiopeia

Hi, I've just begun IF-ing - it's my second week now, and I've come back to this forum (I've joined it before when trying other diets) to hopefully get some moral support and inspiration :)

I have made a commitment to myself to have 2 or 3 fast days per week (of no more than 500 calories) until the end of 2016, which gives me 5 months to assess whether it is working for me. I have stones and stones to lose if I ever am to be a healthy weight again, so this first 5 months would really only be the beginning for me of getting fitter.

I turned 40 quite recently, and have an 'it's now or never' feeling.

I can see that this isn't the busiest section on this site, and that other diets are more popular with people frequenting this forum, but maybe the fact that there is a smaller community doing this approach means I can get to know some of you better - I find it a bit overwhelming when there is loads of threads to follow.

Hi Cassiopeia :) Good luck! How are you finding it so far? I love fasting - it's the only sustainable way of dieting that works for me. I combine it with calorie counting though, otherwise my eating days end up way too high and I don't lose!

Do you have a diary on here? x

Oh cool I'll have a look for it :) I can't see people's signatures as I only view the forums on my phone. Yep I've also got a diary - think it's also in the members section (or could be silver members section?) x

Back