Next to no inch loss

Seaneen

Short and pink
I've lost 14lbs now and yet have only lost an inch from my tummy, hips and bust. Is this normal? I'd have thought it would be more.

Last edited:
Right, you have lost 14 pounds in a short space of time, some of this weight loss is glycogen.

I have noticed that at the beginning the inches come off slowly but then they do pick up speed and on those weeks when the scales is not showing a good weight loss, it is usually the very weeks when you feel your clothes getting loser.

It take about a month for every stone you lose for the skin to tone up and shrink back...

Hi hun
My initial inch loss seemed slow & has speed up at an alarming rate.... I've lost 36lbs and 10 inchs off my waist alone :eek::eek::eek::eek:.... I left my measuring til after 4 weeks initially and I think I'd lost 4'' off waist by that point!

It does work but in opposite way to the scales, they start off quick and slow down the inches starts off slow and speeds up - well it seems to but I'm no expert hun....

You'll be fine - just give it couple of more weeks xxx

The inch loss thing was funny with me. I lost 2 stone and am still in the same trousers as I started but the waist seemed to go from being fitted to loose over the space of a weekend. No idea how that works but the tape measure showed a 5cm loss from the previous week. Just trust that if you stick to the diet the inches will drop off!!

I've lost 1st 7lbs & my trouser i wore 4 wks ago still fit me exactly the same :(
I was hoping my stomach would have lost some inches but no.
The weight must be coming of my toes & nose or something lol but its not coming off of where i really want it too.

Back