NHS Vouchers??

AnnBee

heya was just wondering if anyone knows if doctor's can give you vouchers for slimming world? I joined in the middle of december and bought a 12week countdown and the plan seems to be going really well for me. The only problem is I lost my job in January and money is really tight so once my countdown runs out in a couple of weeks I won't be able to afford to go to class and I feel I really need the motivation from my consultant and other members. Sorry for the big spiel!! Hope someone can help as I don't really want to make a doctors appointment and look silly if they don't do them!

I know they do but not sure if you have to be in a certain catagory.

Well worth an ask and maybe the recepionist could tell you if you telephone

Good luck

You can if your PCT has signed up to the scheme and if you fit the criteria. BMI over 30, you have to attend every week ( except hols/illness) you have to sign an agreement. Best to ring your GP and ask.

But you have to have had a break of 12 weeks beofre you can go to that club. I had a choice of either SW or WW but as I had only left SW 3 weeks before I had to join WW to use the scheme.

Irene xx

I see that you are in Glasgow. I'm afraid the NHS referral scheme is not available in Scotland. Your CHP may have another scheme in place where you can be referred for exercise so it would be worthwhile asking about that.

Back