nibbling my way thru the queasy!

morning, sam. yes, i too wanna know: why is this so hard at the moment??

i'm doing pretty good this morning. i missed a few calories last night as i left my last packet too late and was waaaayyy tooo shattered to do anything except head up the stairs to bed.
so today, i've added a few calories and no carbs, thankfully...with 2 eggs. :ashamed0005:
i cant imagine that i've done much damamge and i certainly dont wanna make a habit out of it. despite having eggs (with a little cumin for spice since i cant have salt :cry:) i still feel really really good about the diet! i dont feel like i've failed or that i need to justify doing it.

having said all that, i do recall that just having the one egg last week on aam, led me down a scary path of eating...alot! hmmmm i must reel it in a littttle bit tighter today. ((this is me mostly rambling to myself. LOL))

on that note, where's my water??
i'm determined to lose more than 1 pound this week! i must. i must. i must!

ps. where can i get these ketosis sticks ya'll are talking about?

Hi Dis Its not easy to stay on straight and narrow 100%, hopefully eggs should affect you too much! I got ketostix from my local village pharmacy i think they cost about 4.99. Hopefully you can get straight back to ss, but i know it is so hard:) Keep up the good work.

Full marks for determination.
yuo're doing fine.
'Ketostix' are used by diabetics. Any pharmacy will stock them but you'll have to ask as they aren't on the open shelves.
I've heard of people being grilled as to why they want them & then of having their diet poo-pooed by the shop assistant.
1. it is non of her(ignorant) business
2. These are not a restricted item. If you wanted to buy them & stick them all up your nose then that is fine.

What you do is wee on one. (don't keep them in the stream too long as it's poss to wash the indicator out)
After 15 secs if you're in ketosis it'll change pink & you compare the colour to the guide on the pot.
You want to be on the first couple of pink levels = Ketosis.
Any darker & it means you're a bit dry & need to drink more.
If you re-test during the day & it's negative,it doesn't mean you're out of ketoss ,it means that you're drinkning loads of water,flushing them out of you system & keeping the ketone levels below what the testers can detect.

hope this helps.

Ps I've found them to be nearer £6 than the £5 qouted above,but you get 50 in a pot & I, being thrifty,cut them in 1/2 lengthways to get 100!

thank you jane! i'll have to pick some up next time im in town...and i'll know just what to say should i get a bit of 'tude!

so far, today, im feeling pretty dang good. i went down to the village park to meet up with other moms in the toddler parent group so the kids could have time together and the mums had a chance to catch up. and of course, it starts chucking down outside. after the rain finished, we headed for the trail/path and walked for maybe a mile...not too much as we had loads of kids with us. still a very nice day.

and even better, i got off my backside.

just put the boy for a nap, although i dont think he's trying for sleep...grr! should get some housework done but ya know what? i dont think i will for another hour...me and harry potter need some time. hehehe

im a nerd, i know.

hope you are all doing grand!

thank you jane! i'll have to pick some up next time im in town...and i'll know just what to say should i get a bit of 'tude!

So you'll tell em you're gonna stick em up your nose then?

me and harry potter need some time. hehehe

im a nerd, i know.

hope you are all doing grand!
i'm having the same problem with trying to get Harry on his own. Y'day by the time i did manage it i was so tired I found I was reading the book with my eyes closed & consequently making v little progress.

yes, well of course thats what i will tell them about the sticks. heheheh

and if they dont like That, i'll tell them to stick them up THEir noses. im sure they'll like that much much more...

heheheh

quite right.
Actully just remembered, when I got mine I wasn't sure it was the right stuff & pretended they were for an elderly neighbour.
Little white lies eh?

morning2520coffee2520cup2520winking.gif

hi dis
do you know i have to confess i have never read a HP book ever
i have seen the films but not read the books

still nice to see you determination on cd
well done
kaz :D

hi dis
do you know i have to confess i have never read a HP book ever
i have seen the films but not read the books
won't come as much of a surprise for me to tellyou tht the books are 1000times better!
still nice to see you determination on cd
well done
She's doing so well isn't she!
good morning Dis

I always have a chuckle when I see what name you have given to your diary, but todays name is the best yet.
Agree.
Dis your titles are great. Imaginative & amusing.
I too have a budda belly and cant wait for it to be gone...
Now, i used to have a B B too. It's all gone thanks to CD ssing,but the results (although fine in clothes) looks like it needs ironing.
Hope you are well and truly back on the wagon now Dis and back in ketosis.

Have a great day
Been Ok today?

ohhhh yes, i hate to be that person too and agree about the books being better than the films. i do enjoy the films very much as well though. i'm taking this one slow, the book i mean. seeing as its allegedly the last harry potter. for a while at least. or so i hope!!!

note to anyone thats finished it: dont give away the death(s) or the ending...or fear my wrath! lol

sooo its saturday...not a grey cloud in site, surprisingly! blue skies and a little bit sunny. i think i'll start hanging my wash on the line. get a head start be fore the rain arrives.

i have to paint to day as well. and plenty of laundry to do...which i never seem to be short of!

as far as CD goes...i'm doing alright this morning. i think boredom has been my problem this week. not hungry really. just bored. so one wants to pick. or have an egg. 99% of the time, i've been able to talk myself out of it or my hands have put chewy in my mouth before my brain managed to put food in instead...does that make sense?

im feeling incredibly crampy this morning so i suspect my TOTM will arrive shortly. ((they are sooo irregular since i've stopped nursing fynn)). anyways, i do hope that it doesnt effect my weigh in this monday morning!!! :sigh:
i dont know what the loss has been so far this week (havent been steppping on that much)...but i think i need at least 3. yes, 3 is a good goal. i'll be glad to get 3 off.

just before i go, im glad to know that my ever changing diary titles ammuse some of you. i like making it something to fit the moment or maybe sometimes its a line of a tune that i had in mind...there's no real method really. just whatever pops into my head. i often wondered if anyone noticed. hehehe now i know! ((todays title has a clear meaning, for all of us i think...typed just as carly simon sings it in the corus....not necessarily a carly simon fan, but just a song i know from my childhood!!)

anywas, baby boy has found the dvds and thinks they are mirrors...must go!

take care everyone!!
happy weekends!!!

afternoon dis
i know what you mean about the laundry mine is for ever on the go

3lbs loss will be fabarooney
fingers crossed for you

dont you know dvd`s can serve as a multitude of things in a toddlers eyes
car ramps
steps for dolls to climb into there houses
tunnels for there cars
race tracks
army barracks

and so and and so on :rotflmao:

have agreat weekend

Morning Dis,

Hope you get the 3lb you are aiming for this week. I'll keeo my fingers crossed.

Hope the weather stayed nice for you yesterday so you could get out and about. It was a lovely day here so went to the park and did a bit of gardening.

sounds like you are doing well on the diet, just keep fighting the chatterboxes and you will be fine.

Have a good day
Sam

afternoon dis

dont you know dvd`s can serve as a multitude of things in a toddlers eyes
car ramps
steps for dolls to climb into there houses
tunnels for there cars
race tracks
army barracks

and so and and so on :rotflmao:

LOL it was just a disc out of its little cardboard case )it was a freebie with the sunday times ages ago)) so i didnt mind him discovering it hidden under the dvd player! :p it was particularily adorable when he was exploring the dvd, only to discover the "other baby" staring back at him when he looked at the shiney undersid of the disc. awwww. now the disc has gone into his toybox. hehehe

Morning Dis,

Hope you get the 3lb you are aiming for this week. I'll keeo my fingers crossed.

Hope the weather stayed nice for you yesterday so you could get out and about. It was a lovely day here so went to the park and did a bit of gardening.

sounds like you are doing well on the diet, just keep fighting the chatterboxes and you will be fine.

Have a good day
Sam

thank you sam...((and kaz)) for your hopes for my 3lb loss this week... ive got toes crossed as well.

goood morning campers!

happy lay-in sunday! ((lay in? whats that???))

all is well here. stayed up til 1am doing the finishing touches to the newly painted bedroom. so many nooks and crannies!! so it took ages. but you know what, its totally worth it because its a completed project! and these days, it seems to me a rare thing in this house...always time permitting with bebe and all. it feels good though. so i'm going to make my best effort to finish everything that needs it. over time of course...<<insert standard rome built in a day cliche here>> lol

so far its a gorgeous day outside. by 8am this morning, i had 2 loads already hanging on the line. ((anything to save a few quid). heheheh i think if this weather keeps up, i'll walk down the hill and take fynn to the park in the village. i only just discovered that there was a baby swing set up that he LUVS so, it gives us both something to do.

due to totm starting yesterday, im feeling incredibly fat and bloaty today. im still in my big fluffy robe all scrunched up on the sofa. i feel bad though. i need to get on the floor and mingle with fynn. in fact, i'l do that now. ;)

i hope you all have a lovely sunday...
i'll be back later or tomorrow morning with latest weigh in results. woot woot woot!

morning dis
have fun at the park and enjoy the sunshine
good luck for weigh in tomorrow

kaz:D

Ha hA, just incase you were in any doubt about your ketosis status I'm going to number the diagnostic signs.
1.goood morning campers!

2. stayed up til 1am doing the finishing touches to the newly painted bedroom.
3. so far its a gorgeous day outside.

4.by 8am this morning, i had 2 loads already hanging on the line.
5. i need to get on the floor and mingle with fynn. in fact, i'l do that now. ;)

i hope you all have a lovely sunday...
i'll be back later or tomorrow morning with latest weigh in results. woot woot woot!

don't you just wish you could feel like that every day?

Ha hA, just incase you were in any doubt about your ketosis status I'm going to number the diagnostic signs.

don't you just wish you could feel like that every day?

awww yes, especially having the baby to run around after! the extra energy would come in handy...or should i say: WILL come in handy when i've got less of me to carry around and a healthier diet! woot! ty jane.

BCgoodmorning1212.gif

i wont beat around the bush or save it for last. I'll tell you now that the results are in! And....
5 offfffff!!!
wooohoooo! i thought for sure i'd be lucky to get 3 lbs off. wow i'm well pleased! TOTM has overlapped last week and the start of week 7, i still feel bloaty so i'm hoping for at least 2 lbs off next week.
wow. ((i know i already said that but i just cant help it.))
:scale:
Sooo, that being done and overwith, here starts a new day. a new week. my goal is to NOT pick at anything, whether its carb free or not.

The weather is allegedly going to be clear...rain free. so i'm meeting with the mommies of the playgroup again and we're taking all the kids on the trail again. would it be selfish of me to suggest that i'm only looking forward to getting the excercise for myself? heheheh i dont mean it in an evil way. i swear. i'm just happy to be getting out of the house and even though it will be just a walk, its more than sitting on the sofa...right?

ok the baby needs changing desperately. and i think (once i forget abot the nappy mess) i'll have an appetite for my first shake. i will be back in a bit to browse for your monday posts!

kaz, jane, sam, and ANNE!!! (whereever you are!)), i hope you are all well and have a nice monday!

Back