nibbling my way thru the queasy!

Hi Dis, don't beat yourself up. Mini's advice is great - exactly what I was going to say.

Perhaps try a 790 step for a day or so and then get back into it.

I am queen of the restarts - back on it properly after a year of mucking about. Once it starts it gets very difficult. Even more so when you don't have a CDC that you can talk to (or at least I never have - I've never told her when I've slipped).

Keep posting for support, we're here for you xxx

hiya mini & westie...and anyone else. ;)
thanks for coming to my rescue & throwing me a life vest. its amazing what just a few positive words can do for a CD suffering soul like myself.

normally when i have nibbled in the past, i only nibble on pieces of meat...but it seems that all i have in this house is..well, carbs carbs carbs! i'll have to sort something out fast me thinks. since i have posted, i havent eaten anything that i shouldnt have. in fact, i think i the last thing i consumed was a shake...so, having done that, i'm going to continue with my last shake for dinner ((perhaps taking mini's advice and splitting it, seeing as its 430 and the carb monster inside is making me soooo hungry)). yes. yes i'll do that. makes sense. and tomorrow, i'll continue my way back to SS. perhaps i will get lucky and be in a mild ketosis monday...and therefore having the new week to focus on.

as we all know, its all easier said than done. i am going to take my "list of reasons why" off the fridge and do a chant or something with the words. hehehehehe get myself back into motivation mode.

I MUST COMPLETE THE XMAS CHALLENGE!
I MUST BE IN MAINTANENCE BY/BEFORE XMAS...

thanks oh so much for listening and offering the support.
i'm not cured of my eating woes and demons, but after reading your posts, it feels like i've been thrown a little life line. it helps.
:eek:
i'll keep my diary posted daily thru the week. perhaps i'll make myself a 7 day challenge. 1 week. or maybe even just a few days' challenge. baby steps.

ciao 4 now. thank you again...

So glad your feeling a lot better.

I don't know if you seen this thread started by Monkey on "Why is this last stone so difficult.

http://www.minimins.com/lighter-life-forum/23552-why-last-stone-so-difficult-o.html

There is a lot of good information on it and Cerulean and Mrs Lard's blogs are worth a read.

Cerulean 's blog Vague Glorious

Mrs Lard's blog The Lard Arms

Have you done a list of things you have achieved since starting your diet journey!

From health, fitness and confidence etc.

For it is easy to forget how far you have come in such a short time.

i'll keep my diary posted daily thru the week. perhaps i'll make myself a 7 day challenge. 1 week. or maybe even just a few days' challenge. baby steps.

Good idea:)

Love Mini xxx

Can-doo attitude

Hey Can-Dis
((hugs))

There's nothing worse than the munchies when you have to feed folks. I'm eternally grateful that I only really need to feed myself.
Get yourself through the weekend as best you can and take it one day at a time. You have done soooo well. New mum, foreign country and all that goes along with it. Fynn's birthday and the visitors / jaw-drops will have made your equilibrium go "wibble". Just get it back on an even keel and you'll be fine.

hi dis
wanted to wish you well for the weigh in
you have had a blip like all of us do but you will get back on track
good luck hun
kaz xxxx

hello hello.
i have to start with a huge thanks for all of you who came to my "mental" rescue over the weekend. ((& sam, i know if you hadnt been moving, you'd have helped me as well..)) ;)
im back in the saddle again. im feeling good. i think alot of this good feeling has to do with my WI this morning. i think at some point over the weekend, i made a rash decision NOT to get weighed this week because of my week long blip. however, i sucked it up & decided to face the jury and accept my punishment. ...
miraculously, i have stayed the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i couldnt believe it myself. its almost as though its a sign of some sort. a sign from The Higher Power of All That Is Diet? haa! haa! I'm not a religious human, but i think for now, i'll claim that i am part of my new cult, named above. hehehe

wow, im so ...wow. surprised! i expected to see horrible damage to my loss so far.

and with that, i have a weekly goal to attain.
i WILL make it through one week, dang it!!! what ever i lose is a bonus.

thank you again for the support through yet another difficult phase of CD/SS!!

Hi Dis, I have been quietly lurking in the background for the past month, reading through this site and always stumbling upon your diary and additions...you really have been an inspiration to me. A laugh a minute joker I'm guessing, taking this life by the horns and getting it sorted out. Good on you that you were able to sort yourself out after last week. And good on you for going to your WI. I know that in the past, if I have strayed from a diet or healthy eating programme, I get scared of getting weighed, that fear escalates and then I think, well, what I don't know won't hurt me, weeks turn to months and all of the good work is quickly undone!

Good luck for a great week, sweetheart!

so getting back on track has gone well so far. monday was easier than i expected. WI day is usually the eating/snacking/binging day because i tend to get in the mind set that: "Hey, its monday. i can eat today and get back to SS tomorrow and have 6 days to lose a few lbs. piece of cake."

but then one day of eating turns into 3 or 4...and then its the whole week gone, etc....

Monday the only eating i did was a little bit of tuna with my lunch shake. not enough to call it a 790 day or anything. literally a few fork fulls. and normally i cant stand tuna unless its covered in mayo and american style mustard. hehehe. funny how the tates change when youre only having shakes and soups for months on end.

at the moment, its 430 am... dont know why but i just cant stay asleep. i suspect its the cat. odd i know. but the cat thinks she's found her new sleeping space, which is the foot of hunny's side of bed. now, he's too worried about accidentally booting her off ((way it goes, i say)) so he's sleeping terribly diagonal. :mad: he's and tossing and turning and then i toss and turn...and then once i do manage to close my eys, either he does it again or baby fynn gets stirred in his sleep...yadda yadda yadda. ahh, such is the life of the new mum, i suspect.

Morning Dis, hope you have another good day because I know how hard it is to get back on that blasted wagon!!!

Well done on staying the same and next week the scales will be mega kind to you. I messed about for a few weeks, losing a couple of pounds, putting them back on etc. This week I was as good as gold and the scales showed 5.4 off!!!

Have a lovely day and I hope you're not too tired later xxx

Hi Dis,
Good to hear that you're doing well, how many weeks have you been on CD now? A couple of months I think?

'Home' for me is sunny South Wales, but I have lived in China for almost 10 years. I go home pretty regularly though and can still knock 'em out with my 'luvely' valleys accent! You're in North Wales I see, but you're from the US yeah? How long have you been there? And....Why?:confused: :)))

Sorry that your precious sleep is being interrupted. Cats eh, never give you cuddles when you need them but always there when you don't! You gotta love 'em! Did Fynn just turn 1? A beautiful age! Eiriana is 2 and 3 months now and...well, to put it politely, we're having some 'issues'! No, she's great, just as stubborn and as bossy as her mum!

Good Luck for the rest of the week.

Hi Dis,
Good to hear that you're doing well, how many weeks have you been on CD now? A couple of months I think?
i counted the weeks last night after reading this, as i have lost track...its been 16 weeks or 4 months, whichever sounds better. hehehe
'Home' for me is sunny South Wales, but I have lived in China for almost 10 years. I go home pretty regularly though and can still knock 'em out with my 'luvely' valleys accent! You're in North Wales I see, but you're from the US yeah? How long have you been there? And....Why?:confused: :)))
oh wow! i think its very interesting that you are living in china. so you speak the language at all? i would imagine you have picked up a bit after ten years! as far as me living here in north wales, the hubby is british and im from california...we lived there for 5 years and then i chose to move over here. i dont miss california, itself, but family and friends...as i KNOW you understand. ;)

Sorry that your precious sleep is being interrupted. Cats eh, never give you cuddles when you need them but always there when you don't! You gotta love 'em! so true!

Did Fynn just turn 1? A beautiful age! Eiriana is 2 and 3 months now and...well, to put it politely, we're having some 'issues'! No, she's great, just as stubborn and as bossy as her mum!
ya, he turned 1 on the 25th and im loving every moment of it still, even when he throws up lunch all over me. on maybe i dont luv that little part but you know what i mean. :p and your eiriana is at the age that i've heard oh so much about..having "issues" and all. especially little girls for some reason. little madams!

Good Luck for the rest of the week.

thanks for the luck! i need all i can get. :rolleyes:
what diet are you doing, by the way? and how do you get it in beijing?

(yes im a nosey begger, i know)

Well done Dis for getting back on the wagon and how lucky are you for staying the same weight!

The gods are smiling on you!

:worthy::worthy::worthy::happy096:

Love Mini xxx

Dis Hun. Im so sorry I wasnt around to help you in your hour of need. Im glad you didnt gain, and so pleased that you seem to be back on the wagon. It sounds like you went through exactly what I went through a couple of weeks ago. Only it took me about a fortnight to properly get back on track. I'll put the update in my own diary as it will be a bit long to type out twice!

Im still waiting for broadband to be connected at the new place so I havent been online for a whole week (have had serious withdrawal symptoms from minimins!) Ive just popped to my parents to use their computer as i couldnt wait any longer.

Im hoping for a good loss for you on Monday, and if I dont check in before then I'll still be thinking of you.

lots of love
xxx

Hi Dis,
Hope you're doing well. It's Friday afternoon and the end of a very busy week....I think a pampering session at the local SPA is a must! (One of the very big perks of living in China, SPAs are incredibly cheap and even more luxurious!)

I speak fluent Mandarin. My husband is Chinese and we converse in Chinese at home. (Eiriana is Bilingual, well trilingual if you count the valleys accent!).

I feel pretty much the same as you. I miss family and friends terribly, but I come home at least once every year, and Mam and Dad make it out here once every two years. Skype is our lifeline! However, apart from missing everyone and on occassion drifting off to a cleaner, greener environment, China and Beijing are 'home' to me. I'm head of an International Kindergarten and I adore my job here as well as the lifestyle that I can lead....including SPAS....which I know I would never be able to afford if I lived at home!

I'm doing the Cambridge Diet, a month tomorrow, and apart from the occasional bout of the runs (sorry tmi!) I feel great! Have a dream of getting off the plane at Christmas and my mam asking my hubby where I am! (Because she doesn't recognise me, not because I've lost soooo much weight!) I get my 'stuff' from Singapore. I don't have a counsellor, which is a shame because I do know how very important they are, that's why I spend hours trawling through other people's diaries and threads on here.

Anyhow, hubby just called to say he's here to pick me up, so I'd better run. Take Care and have a great weekend!

hello everyone, good morning!

hope your weekends are going lovely, despite the lack of sun over the weekend. ;)
tomorrow morning i will be stepping on the scales to see whats been going on with me this week. tbh, i do not expect much because although i've got my head around it all and hopped back on the CD wagon, i've taken the slow approach to SS...this week has been more of a 790 week.

next week, WILL HAVE TO BE SS!!! i feel im so close to my first goal. ((and i say first goal because i will re-evaluate how i look and feel once i reach the 150-155 goal i made, cant remember which one it is, and cant see my ticker til after i post this... will check asap tho)) anyhooo, i will decide again later if i will keep going just a little bit more before starting maintenance.

i will post first thing tomorrow with WI results so watch this space.

i must be off though. Fynn ((my poor little teething boy~ i think he's got 4 cutting through all at once...making the new total of ten pearly whites.)) if he's this cranky now, what am i going to do when he starts cutting molars?!??! :cry:
or him for that matter! poor little man. at least he will forget all about when they finish growing in. you all take care. enjoy the rest of your sunday. ciao for now!!

Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow Dis. You are sounding alot more positive. Well done.

(((hugs))) to Fynn....teething is so awful for them.
Take care
HM

Well done Dis you do sound like your head is coming back into the zone again.

Good luck with starting back SSing tomorrow.

Hugs to you and Fynn:hug99:

Love Mini xxx

Hi DIS,
Hope Flynn is Ok, and keep up the good work, you are so close to the 155 now....
keep up the good work!
By the way, how do you change the heading of your diary?

Anne x

ohhh, poor little fynn! he's cutting teeth at the moment. last night he woke up crying like every hour...i cna only give him so much calpol and bonjela so in between doses, he was "cured/soothed" with cuddles and cartoons. hehehehe. oh! he had his first bday a few weeks ago as well. and hes walking like a wobbly pro now.

he's a happy chappy right this moment, he's either distracted from the teething pain or its just not bothering him. shame really, because this afternoon, he has an appt with the HV to get his 12 month mmr jab. awwwww!!! poor dude. life is so tough. heheheh

its ok though. maybe just maybe, i'll get lucky and the jab will result in a night of sleeping thru. fingers crossed, mommy needs some sleep!

thanks for asking about him, anne! hows everyone on your end??

Back