Nicely surprised!

PurpleSky

banana phone
I have just made the slimming world quiche and fair play it is nommy. I used a tub of quark 4 eggs and mixed in peppers, spring onion, tomato and fresh basiil. Just had half with a good helping of brocli and carrots. Really nice, this has been added to my firm favs to do with slimming world :D

Must try it. It sounds yummy. Did you get the recipe on here ??

Roughly id a quick erch and someone said she used tub of quark, 3 eggs and veg and it came out nice. I thought it could do with another egg so popped that in. Well worth doing the quark gives it a lovely texture.

Thanks !!!

Will let you know how I get on with it.

This is one of my work lunch staples, easy, tasty and very portable! I tend to do red days so chuck some bacon in too for even more tastiness!

My one tip would be to cook it in a glass or ceramic dish, it is hard to clean off metal and absolutely welded itself to my silicone tray - it was like a full upper body workout with a brillo pad to get it clean again!!!

I found these recipes.............

Syn free pasta quiche: make up a packet of Bachelor's Pasta n Sauce as directed on the packet but using only water, whisk in 4 eggs, pour into a flan dish and stick it in the oven until set (about 30-40 minutes). Easy and really nice, especially when hot.

Syn free rice quiche: make up a packet of Bachelors Savoury Rice as directed, whisk in 4 eggs and a large tub of very low fat cottage cheese. Season to taste. Pour into a flan dish and cook in the oven for about 30-4- minutes till firm to the touch.

Syn free onion & leek quiche (my favourite): Chop 1 large onion and 2 leeks and saute in Frylight till soft and golden. Put them into a flan dish. Whisk 4 large eggs with a large tub of very low fat cottage cheese, Season to taste, pour over the onion & leeks and put in the oven till set (again about 30-40 minutes on gas 6).

a main recipe for Sw quiche i s a large tub of VLF cottage cheese and 3 eggs whisked together and then add whatever else to it that is free depending on whatever day you are on red or green!

also you can top with sliced tomatoes and peppers too!

The pasta and the rice one didnt really float my boat tbh. As i dont like pasta and rice in sauces, minuets or whatevers in general lol. Just had the rest cold for lunch with a salad very nice. Will def be making this again very soon :D

I line the oven dish with pastrami slices, or boiled ham. Makes it MUCH easier to get out of the dish and adds flavour.

Worth mentioning that they are not free if you use the pasta and sauce or savoury rice to make them. They are okay if taking them as part of a meal but not for snacking on so you would need to syn it.

Oooh, these sound WOW! I am still doing slimfast at the moment but will be doing slimming world when I am back from my hols at end of June. Am looking more and more forward to it reading these!

Oooh, these sound WOW! I am still doing slimfast at the moment but will be doing slimming world when I am back from my hols at end of June. Am looking more and more forward to it reading these!

We shall look forward to you joining us, you'll love it!!!

Back