Nicki's pregnancy diary

Moleymole

Nicki xxx
Hi all, I have just found out I am pregnant :) :) I have just lost just over 3 stone on the Cambridge Plan and am terrified of putting it all back on. I am determined to be healthy through this pregnancy.

So .. hoping this diary will keep me on track ...

I feel so bloated at the moment and my boobs feel like they've got bigger already and I'm only 4 weeks !! :eek:

How far gone is everyone else and how are you going with eating / exercise etc xx

Hi nicki. Congratulations!
And a massive well done on your weight loss too.
Firstly you will put on weight in your pregnancy - it's a given so don't stress yourself out about it.
Secondly although all your good intentions are there, you may not end up being able to eat as healthy as you want.

I lost 2 stone on slimming world but since I was about 5 weeks pregnant I haven't been able to face a lot of food - including practically all meat and lots of fruit and veg. I'm starting to come round now and im nearly 10 weeks.
And if you do get hit bad by morning sickness then you may be even less inclined to eat! Luckily mine has just been nausea, no actual puking!

Have you had any other symptoms? My boobs have grown too (need to get a bra fitting), and they're so sore! Extreme tiredness is another one - again mine started about 5 weeks and is still going strong - im lucky if i see 9pm most nights!

Have you made an appointment at your docs yet? Also make sure you start taking folic acid, or one of the pregnancy multivitamins (like pregnacare)
Look forward to having another bump diary to read!
X

hey hun thanks for replying :)

This is my 3rd child and I put 4 stone on with both my others but I was a big pig and used pregnancy as an excuse to eat LOL.. I had severe sickness with my 2nd child for first 12 weeks so praying I don't get that again (didn't get it with number 1). I have been a pig over the last week so got to stop that. My hubby is in the Navy and is off on tour in 2 weeks and he will be gone for 6 months (with maybe 2/3 times home in that time), and I eat much better when he's not here lol.

My symptoms seem to be starting more today - especially the sore boobs. I was getting really dizzy but that seems to of gone off a bit now. I havn't phoned docs yet, I keep saying I'll phone tomorrow lol. Folic acid I am taking. Even though I have had 2 children it still feels like the first as I know full well how every pregnancy is different, and its a whole new journey :)

Still very early days and I'm just praying my little bean sticks around for the journey <3 xx

Be good to have others to talk to through it :) xx

Hi Nicki

Congrats on your lovely news.:)

Don't know if this helps or not but here goes:

1st Pregnancy - I ate like a horse. Put on 2 stone. Then put on another stone afterwards as found it very difficult to not continue eating huge amounts of food.:(
2nd Pregnancy: I behaved myself 2nd time around (ate 3-5 times a day & drank lots of water) and I put on approx 22 pounds. 2 weeks after I had my buster, I was back to close enough pre baby weight. I did keep an eye on the weight 2nd time round but I never stressed about it either!! Had I known that my son would be 10pounds - not a typo!!
:D - I would have stressed even less!!
Wishing you every good wish during this exciting time hun

xx
Mary

Hey,

congratulations on the happy news :)

I really struggle eating - and have limited amount food I like. I can not stand meat. It is a really nightmare as it is more of a chore to eat. I feel nausea all the time and really tired, grrr.

Hope you have a happy and relaxed pregnancy x

aww thanks for your replies. Mary thats really reassuring :) xxx

well had a really good eating day yesterday and actually lost a pound over night lol x I am feeling sooo tired - I am sleeping loads - I'm normally a night owl but have been going to bed at 9.30 instead of my normal midnight ! and I'm still tired in the morning!! thank god I only work two days a week, although looking after a 2 year old is just as hard work sometimes lol

I havn't really got many other symptoms - keep waiting for the sickness but not here yet - I suppose I should be thankful but I kinda want it so I know all is ok lol.. I had it really bad last time so keep thinking its going to be there when I wake up.

My tastebuds are starting to change and things are tasting strange, think I'm starting to go off coffee now - only drinking decaff but its starting to taste strange. I just want it to go quick now until 12 weeks !

I have my first docs appt on Monday so looking forward to making it official xx

How is everyone else doing ? x

Hi Nicki,
I know what you mean about your tastes changing - I've gone off coffee too (like you I switched to decaf straight away) so don't bother much anymore!
Also like bunnylovesalan I've completely gone off meat! I can just about stomach some chicken and processed stuff now (i.e. sausages, mince, ham, bacon) but couldn't even fathom eating some proper lamb or beef... probably a good thing as I like my meat rare!
Luckily I'm starting to come back round to fruit and veg now... so I think once the hectic next few weeks are over, I will get back on the slimming world wagon! I think I've put on about 4-5lb since I last weighed, which isn't so bad as I lost 4lb in the early weeks as I struggled facing food, but I would really like the gains to stop now!

It'll feel more real after your doctors appointment Monday hun!

I've put 4lb on !!!! hope its water retention:sigh:

hi nicki and congrats on the pregnancy and the weight loss! I lost 6 stone on LL before becoming pregnant. Now at 32 weeks I have put on 3 stone and HATE it - but I made choices, I have to live with them and will pay the price afterwards as I plan to do CD this time.

I keep remembering how getting to goal felt, and how fit and healthy I felt and I will get that back. Pregnancy makes tiredness much worse so it has helped me to realise how I do not want to go back to feeling - always too tired to do much, after LL I could run, dance, walk, etc. The feeling eating healthy was such a difference.

However, being pregnant is also a joy, and probally the last time I will be doing it, so I'm enjoying it as much as possible, although the broken sleep due to needing to pee is driving me crazy!

Look forward to reading your diary.
Gemma x

hi nicki and congrats on the pregnancy and the weight loss! I lost 6 stone on LL before becoming pregnant. Now at 32 weeks I have put on 3 stone and HATE it - but I made choices, I have to live with them and will pay the price afterwards as I plan to do CD this time.

I keep remembering how getting to goal felt, and how fit and healthy I felt and I will get that back. Pregnancy makes tiredness much worse so it has helped me to realise how I do not want to go back to feeling - always too tired to do much, after LL I could run, dance, walk, etc. The feeling eating healthy was such a difference.

However, being pregnant is also a joy, and probally the last time I will be doing it, so I'm enjoying it as much as possible, although the broken sleep due to needing to pee is driving me crazy!

Look forward to reading your diary.
Gemma x
Hi Gemma thanks for your reply hun, its hard isn't it. I put 4 stone on my other 2 pregnancies and I really don't want to do that this time.. I ate poor and didn't exercise so this time I'm determined to exercise and eat healthily (as much as poss).

Wow 32 weeks not long to go now hun, how exciting :) do you know what you are having boy/girl ? xxx

yes, boy no 2 for me, really excited to meet him now, won't be long before he is here. It really is a wonderful blessing to have a baby growing inside of you, but at the same time I just can't wait to get my body back and feeling fantastic as I did before!

Hey guys sorry havn't been around for a few days had a busy week. My husband is in the Navy and he got called out to Lybia on Tuesday :( and now the nausea has kicked in too - not a good week :(

I havn't put any more weight on still at 11st 6 (my goal weight was 11st 2) so pleased with that to be honest cos I have been eating like a pig lol

I know now the sickness is kicking in I won't be eating as much - could just about managed some ginger biscuits this morning to try and take the edge off and didn't want my usual decaff this morning either so looks like my love of coffee is over for a bit !

My belly has swollen already and my boobs are sooooo sore and I'm soooo exhausted tired !!!

Gosh I sound like a right moaner lol - other than that I'm fine and dandy lol

Hope everyone is well x

I feel for you, that is exactly how I feel. It is good to complain, let out! I went round Asda last night to get some leggings - as nothing fits and even maternity clothes I can not seem to get the balance, they are either too small or too large. So got some leggings as they are really comfy and then I don't have to consciously be worrying about how fat I might look, just as long as the baby is ok :)! Anyhows back to Asda (lol) I was feeling nausea for 3hrs approximately and it was horrid so brought a scotch egg (as I am limited in the food I can eat :( ) and had to rush my partner around so we could get to the till so I can scroff it down me. I find if I eat little or often or when the nausea starts to hit, it can help take the edge off it.
Me and my OH were rowing the other day over me feeling so tired, I literally have to go to bed at 9pm (night owl normally) and he was helping me with my uni work, it is important as it is my dissertation which needs to be handed in. But I am too exhaused to give a f**k! I don't think he understands how exhausing it is, even if I have a nap during the day, I still feel rubbish still during the day. Roll on wk 13 when *fingers crossed* these symptoms ease up on us :)

I feel for you, that is exactly how I feel. It is good to complain, let out! I went round Asda last night to get some leggings - as nothing fits and even maternity clothes I can not seem to get the balance, they are either too small or too large. So got some leggings as they are really comfy and then I don't have to consciously be worrying about how fat I might look, just as long as the baby is ok :)! Anyhows back to Asda (lol) I was feeling nausea for 3hrs approximately and it was horrid so brought a scotch egg (as I am limited in the food I can eat :( ) and had to rush my partner around so we could get to the till so I can scroff it down me. I find if I eat little or often or when the nausea starts to hit, it can help take the edge off it.
Me and my OH were rowing the other day over me feeling so tired, I literally have to go to bed at 9pm (night owl normally) and he was helping me with my uni work, it is important as it is my dissertation which needs to be handed in. But I am too exhaused to give a f**k! I don't think he understands how exhausing it is, even if I have a nap during the day, I still feel rubbish still during the day. Roll on wk 13 when *fingers crossed* these symptoms ease up on us :)
ah huni I know exactly what you mean - I've got my own business doing wedding stationery and I have weddings coming out my ears but I'm the same I'm so tired I cant get going or motivated - obviously I'm having to do the work but my usual motivation is somewhat flaking LOL xx

I nearly hurled in Tesco earlier - oh dear :jelous::jelous:

well the sickness has well and truly kicked in :( feeling like complete rubbish !! and I've put another 1lb on - I don't know what my body is up to - hoping its all water lol

So, I am 6+2 today and its dragggging like mad - I just wanna be 12 weeks lol.

Hope everyone is well ? xx

Hi hun,
Sorry to hear the sickness has struck - are you actually being sick or just nauseus? I thought my nausea had up and left, but seems to have returned the last couple of days...
You've got to try not to worry about the weight gain - it's inevitable and as long as you're trying your best without going mad then that's the best you can do.
Hope you feel better through the day honey x

Oh and just wanted to say... at the start it was really dragging for me, up until about 7 weeks, then suddenly the next 4 flew by in a flash! Not really sure what happened lol!
So hopefully the same will happen to you x

It is just nausea thank god don't think I could cope with throwing up lol - I had it severe with Charlie and it was just awful !

I have been sucking on butter mints which are really helping and peppermint tea :)

Its really different this time cos I have a toddler to run around after so not thinking about it so much as when I was pregnant with him - in fact I keep forgetting I am actually pregnant. With Charlie I was so worried about lifting things etc now I have to carry 2stone of toddler round lol good job he likes to walk lots :)

Actually feeling pretty good now after a really sicky morning - taking my little man to settling in session at pre-school this afternoon <3 time goes too quick :(

Have a good day girls xxx

Back