Nicola's Cuba Countdown

Thank you both! Your good luck wishes helped, I managed a half lb off this week! :D The exercise brought me back from the brink haha! Managed a 10 min run at a fast pace for me today (6.5mph) so felt absolutely shattered after that, must have helped!

I've never been as into exercise as much as I am at the moment, but I seem to have finally incorporated it into my routine by doing little and often - half an hour a day for 4 or 5 days a week just feels so much more manageable than big long gym sessions that take up a whole evening or afternoon. My gym's at work, so getting up that half an hour earlier and going to the gym means that I set off early enough that I avoid the traffic - so not only do I get my exercise, I also avoid road rage and an hour of sitting in stop/start traffic! :D

Food for the rest of today...

Dinner: Wholemeal Wrap Pizza with Ham, Mushroom & Tomato (but I forgot to put my herbs on so it was a bit like a flat toastie!!) and Mozzarella on top - HEA, HEB & 2 Syns (8 Syns for wrap in total) + Big bowl of mixed salad with balsamic vinegar

Post Weigh-In Treats (don't even try to count the syns on these!):
Fresh mini baguette with light butter on one side and light cheese spread on the other - mmmmm (I always have fresh bread after weigh-in!)
Small slice of chocolate cake with dollop of creme fraiche
Chocolate bar TBC - I have either a Crunchie, a Ripple, a Freddo or a Curly Wurly to choose from... can't wait even though I'm stuffed from everything above!)

Still need to do today's squats.... can't remember if it's 65 or 70! eek!

Well done so far! Ignore slip ups and move on. I envy your motivation with the exercise! Once I get into exercise mode I'll be doing 30day shred. Highly recommend it hun and you can do it free online. I have never in my years of going to the gym and working out at home come across anything that changes my body like 30 day shred!xx

30 day Shred free online?! Where?? Me and my friend have been talking about doing this for a whole!

30 day Shred free online?! Where?? Me and my friend have been talking about doing this for a whole!

You can get it off YouTube or literally just google "30 day shred online " and there will be vids.not on laptop atm and can't remember what site I use but the vids are easy enough to find. I hook the laptop up to the windscreen and do it in my livingroom.kills you the first few days but it's worth it xx

Ooh that's brill, will google it, thank you :)

A rare red day today...

Breakfast: Nothing (had a mad morning at work, naughty me!)
Snack: Cup of Tea & Banana (0.5 syns for splash of milk)
Lunch: Smoked Salmon Fillet & Mixed Salad (Rocket, Lettuce, Tomatoes, Cucumber, Sweetcorn, Cabbage, Carrot) with no dressing - 1 Syn for Salmon
Snack: Cup of Tea & Diet Coke (0.5 syns for splash again)
Exercise: Pilates class at work, absolutely LOVED it!
Dinner: Half a BBQ chicken from Waitrose (skin off) and Mixed Salad (Rocket, Lettuce, Cabbage, Carrot) with drizzle of balsamic reduction (allow 1 syn)

So a very healthy day today but not much consumed, and a bit too much caffeine as was up ridiculously early! Had 3 Syns and still missing two HEAs and two HEBs, so am going to make Curly Wurly Scan Bran Cake for the first time this evening to use up some syns and one of my HEBs - hope it's as tasty as everyone says!! :D

Hope you've all had good days?? x

Last edited:
Curly Wurly Scan Bran Cake a success! :D Two thirds demolished so far haha - HEB & 5 Syns, but suspect that will soon become 8 as I don't think I'll be leaving any!

EDIT: Whole cake gone and still on plan! :D

Summary for the Day:
1 x HEA - going to have 30g of cheddar for this
1 x HEB - Scan Bran
11 x Syns for Cake and bits & bobs above, +1 Syn for a single Pringle I took from a tub on my way out of work?? (How I diet while working for the company who make Pringles I have no idea....)

Not bad at all! :D

Attachments

• WP_000259.jpg
    WP_000259.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
Nicola will be taking 3 stone less luggage to Las Vegas!

Curly Wurly Scan Bran Cake a success! :D Two thirds demolished so far haha - HEB & 5 Syns, but suspect that will soon become 8 as I don't think I'll be leaving any!

EDIT: Whole cake gone and still on plan! :D

Summary for the Day:
1 x HEA - going to have 30g of cheddar for this
1 x HEB - Scan Bran
11 x Syns for Cake and bits & bobs above, +1 Syn for a single Pringle I took from a tub on my way out of work?? (How I diet while working for the company who make Pringles I have no idea....)

Not bad at all! :D

That cake looks yummy, how did you make it xxx

That cake looks yummy, how did you make it xxx

[h=2]Curly whiry scan bran cake (8 syns and 1 B choice)[/h]2 eggs,
4 scan bran
4 tbsp sweetner
1 sachet options
1 curly whirly

Soak scan bran in boiling water soften drain and mash.. Beat eggs stir to mix with sweetener add your choice of options sachet . Chop the curly whirly and add to the mix. Pour it into a microwave bowl and microwave for 7 minutes .

Happy bunny today - I'm back in my smaller pair of skinny jeans and no muffin top in sight! :D

Was going to be a red day but switched to EE when couldn't think what else to have apart from carbs with my chicken breast!!

Breakfast: HiFi Bar (HEB) & Banana
Snack: Apple
Gym: 20 min run & 20 min bike
Lunch: Chicken Slices, Smoked Salmon Slices, and Salad with boiled eggs (think it's going to end up being a red day again!) + drizzle of dressing (1 Syn)
Snack: Grapes
Dinner: Roast Chicken Breast (from last night's rotiserrie chicken) with bacon, mushrooms, peas and pasta with Philadelphia Light (HEA)
Dessert (seeing as it's Friday!): Waitrose Profiterole Dessert (12.5 Syns)

All followed up by a traumatic trip to the vet with my kitty Sophia, who found it all very stressful and ended up hiding in a cupboard behind the vet's computer and refusing to come out :( And then didn't even notice the jab while it was being done... all that fuss over nothing!

Last edited:
Well that's another 100% on plan day done, and ended with 80 squats for the 30 day challenge! :D

Have got a big night out tomorrow which I'm going to flexi-syn (for the drinks anyway, I'm keeping all the food on plan) and then have already planned a SW friendly hangover-curing grill up for Sunday morning with all my friends, 2 of which are also following SW, which makes it much easier! :D

Happy Weekend everyone! x

Well today I am a happy bunny as the scales at home are telling me I'm 12st 1lb!! :D So near to the 11s now, I can almost taste it!

Really hope that tonight doesn't undo all my hard work, will be sticking to spirits only in order to minimise the damage, but I think large amounts may end up being consumed! As long as I can avoid the kebab and chips on the way home.... Off to buy everything to make the Meatball Bake from the magazine for us to eat before we go out to reduce the chance of kebabgate!! :D And going to do a good gym session today as well to ensure I've pre-emptively burnt off some of those alcohol calories!

Breakfast: HiFi Bar & Banana

Hey,I knw what you mean about once the drinks are flowing its hard to stick within your syns, have a good time though :D

I will, am going to just enjoy and be guilt-free from about 8pm this evening, but at 8am tomorrow morning, back on it :D

Morning all! I am pleased to report that although ridiculous amounts of alcohol were consumed last night, there were no kebabs and no chips, and instead I had the leftovers of my SW Meatball Pasta Bake when I got in (at 4am!!!!) :D Got lots of lovely compliments about how well I was looking and comments from people asking if I'd lost weight - so it's obviously starting to show! :D

So for yesterday, food ended up being as follows:

Breakfast: HiFi Bar
Lunch: Leftover Chicken Bacon & Mushroom Pasta with a big pile of salad
Dinner: Meatball Pasta Bake from the magazine, yummy!
Snacks: 1 x White Wine, ??? x Vodka & Diet Coke, ??? x Sambuca!
Supper: More Meatball Pasta Bake

Today is all about hangover food with the girls...

Brunch: SW Grill-Up (once we get hungry)
Snacks: Carrot Sticks, Hoummus (for while we're watching films in our den this afternoon)

And then might have something low syn from the Chinese takeaway tonight, we shall see :)

We never got hungry enough for the fry-up, but egg and bacon sandwiches did the trick, and for the first time in a long time on a hangover I have only eaten good food, this is a miracle :D

Brunch: Egg & Bacon Sandwich (1 x dry fried egg, bacon medallions, 1 tbsp brown sauce, 60g bread) - 1 x HEB, 1 x Syn
Snack: Pineapple
Dinner: Leftover Meatball Bake (this has featured heavily in my life the last few days!) - approx 2 x Syns for remaining cheese on top rather than using HEA (housemate ate most of the cheese off the top last night!)
Snack: Quark with White Choc Options mixed in and a punnet of raspberries - 2 x Syns

Summary:
1 x HEA, 1 x HEB, 5 x Syns, 100 squats for 30 day challenge :)

Will weigh myself tomorrow morning, and if I'm still 12st 1lb I'll go back up to 15 syns from tomorrow, but if I'm over I'm going to stick to about 5 until weigh-in on Weds :)

It's nice, helps me to curb my chocolate cravings when they hit :) Just mix them together in the tub and then put back in the fridge for as long as you can bear to wait, ideally overnight as the quark takes on the flavour more over time x

It's nice, helps me to curb my chocolate cravings when they hit :) Just mix them together in the tub and then put back in the fridge for as long as you can bear to wait, ideally overnight as the quark takes on the flavour more over time x

Sounds good. I'm defo going to try that! Thanks hun xx

Back