Nicola's Cuba Countdown

No probs, stuffed after mine now! :D x

Well I weighed myself this morning and was 12st 1.5lbs, so think that's near enough to 12st 1lbs to continue as normal this week rather than cutting back on Syns :)

Breakfast: Egg friend in 7 sprays of Olive Oil (0.5 Syns), Couple of slices of Ham, Muller Greek Yog (0.5 Syns), Tea (0.5 Syns for splash of milk)
Snacks: None! Crazy day at work...
Lunch: Chicken Skewers, Mixed Salad (managed to eat about a quarter before being called off to another meeting) & drizzle of dressing (0.5 Syns)
Snacks: Pineapple, Sugarfree Jelly (0.5 Syns)
Dinner: Meatball Pasta Bake (getting sick of it now, the rest is going in the freezer as a handy "ready meal") - HEA for cheese
Snacks: Grapes, 20 x sugarfree marshmallows @ 0.5 Syns each (12.5 Syns)

No exercise fitted in today as I didn't finish until 7.30, the same time as the gym closes, and it's too dark to go out for a run myself now :( Did do my 105 squats this morning though, so might just do a few sit-ups and some arm weights while I'm watching tv this evening. I never thought I'd get to a point where I miss exercise if I don't do it for a few days!!

Summary: 1 x HEA, 12.5 x Syns, 105 squats

Think will use remaining HEB on a couple of Rocky Road HiFis, have been fancying a bit of chocolate :D

PS. Oh dear, 20 sugarfree marshmallows are having adverse effects! Not recommended!!!

Last edited:
Keep up the good work hun! Xx

Thank you!

Today's been a good day, although a bit light on the food front, not entirely sure how I'm still standing at this point!!

Exercise: 110 Squats (go me!)
Breakfast: Banana, Grapes, Tea (0.5 Syns for Splash of Milk)
Lunch: Carrot & Coriander Soup from work canteen (vegan so no cream/butter in it, so should have been next to no syns)
Exercise: 40 mins at gym, including 110 Sit-Ups to go with the Squats :D
Dinner (which I am waiting for to cook): Smoked Salmon Fillet (from Aldi - free), New Potatoes & Mixed Salad with Balsamic Glaze (1 Syn) & 175ml Sauvignon Blanc (6 Syns)
Dessert/Snacks: TBC - not sure I'll be hungry for anything after my late tea, but should have HEB really!

Summary so far:
7.5 Syns, 1 x HEA, 40 mins gym, 110 squats, 110 sit-ups

And in other news, I just took my kitten out for her first walk around the garden on a lead! So so cute!! :D

Last edited:
I don't know how you're standing either! Well done on the fitness! Still haven't gotten the fitness bug just yet myself lol the kitty on a lead does sound well cute!bless!
I tried to get quark today and all of my supermarkets have STOPPED selling it. I'm so gutted :( xx

Oh no that's rubbish! I get mine from Sainsbury's, do you have one near you???

Today's been a good day - it was weigh-in and I lost 1.5lbs, so only 2lbs away from the 11s now!! :D And I'm proud because I had an all-day meeting at work and instead of eating all the sweets which were laid out in front of us I took a box of fruit and munched on that instead!

Exercise: 30 mins gym (bike)
Breakfast: Banana, Low Fat Greek Yog from work canteen (not sure precisely how many syns)
Snacks: Grapes
Lunch: Vegetable Broth, 2 1/4 sandwiches - 1 with smoked salmon and goats cheese and 1 ham and coleslaw... no idea how many syns, 2 fruit kebabs
Snacks: None, despite there being cereal bars and chocolates everywhere!
Weigh-In (as above!) :D
Post Weigh-In Dinner (night off): Fresh white bread, low fat butter, low fat cheese spread, leerdammer light cheese, Tabasco cheese (are you seeing a theme?!) + chocolate brownies (mini ones x 5) and maybe a bar of Galaxy Caramel too.... YUMMMMMM! :D:D:D

Will be back on it from tomorrow morning, have got fruit at the ready! Just need to work out how I'm going to manage for the weekend as I'm away from Friday evening to Sunday afternoon at various friends' houses with nights out on both Fri and Sat... really want to ensure I at least maintain this week but ideally lose another half lb! Might try Success Express??

x

Good luck for Sunday!

Today's been good, have been back on it properly...

Breakfast: Yogurt & Banana, Tea (0.5 Syns)
Snack: Apple
Lunch: Chicken Noodle Soup, Chicken Skewers
Snack: Diet Coke, Drumstick Lolly (3.5 Syns!!!! Thought I was being good choosing that over a mini fudge but would have been less syns for the fudge!! doesn't seem right :( )
Exercise: Pilates Class
Dinner: Salmon Fillet in Red Thai Sauce from Aldi (free!) and Sweet Potato
Snacks: Rocky Road HiFi Bars & 30g Cheddar

Trying to plan for the weekend so have bought a few packs of raspberries to have in the car with me in case of a snack attack, and got myself some of those Hoops & Crosses crisps in case I fancy something naughtier. Have got lots of sweets and chocs for my hosts, but will not be eating any of them! Am also going to pack my gym kit and try to squeeze in a run if I can at least once :)

Summary
1 x HEA
1 x HEB
4 x Syns
Exercise: 1 hour Pilates + 130 squats

Last edited:
Hello again! :D

Back from my weekend away, gallivanting around the country seeing various friends... can't say I've been particularly good, but I did enjoy it, and life's for living, so what's 2 days off plan in the big scheme of things :) I enjoyed wine, poppadoms, butter, crisps, cakes, chocolate and flapjacks, but none of them to huge excess (I'm better when I'm around other people, it reins me in), and I'm ready to get straight back on plan tomorrow morning to try and achieve a maintain this week, so wish me luck! Gym in the morning, success express food, and a run tomorrow night with my housemate to get cracking with :D

Hope you've all had good weekends? Nicola x

Monday Morning Mid Week Weigh-In: 12st 1.5lbs - not too much damage done over the weekend! :D

That's good. You'll be in the 11s before you know it xx

Here's hoping! Can't wait to see that 11 on the scales :)

Good day today...

Breakfast: Melon, Pineapple & half a HiFi Bar (0.5 x HEB)
Lunch: Spicy Cod & Prawn Stew (amazing!), Sugar Free Jelly (0.5 Syns), Punnet of Raspberries, bag of Hoops & Crosses (4 Syns), other half of HiFi Bar (0.5 x HEB)
Snack: Can of Diet Coke
Exercise: 2 mile run with housemate
Dinner: Beef Savoury Rice (going to have some fruit for dessert to get the superfree in)
Snack: 3 x BabyBel Light

Summary: 30 mins exercise, 1 x HEA, 1 x HEB, 4.5 Syns

Only thing I could have done better is drink more water, am a bit dehydrated today

Hope you're all doing well! x

Last edited:
Another good day today...

Gym: 20 min run + 10 mins bike
Breakfast: Banana, Apple, Cuppa (0.5 Syns)
Lunch: Wrap (HEB) with Salmon, Lemon, Light Mayo (2 Syns), Lettuce, Cucumber & Coleslaw (1 Syn), plus a pack of French Fries (4.5 syns)
Snack: Cuppa (0.5 Syns)
Dinner: Gnocchi, sliver of butter (1 Syn) & 10g parmesan (2 Syns)
Snack: 30g Cheddar (HEA)

Summary: 1 x HEA, 1 x HEB, 11.5 Syns, 30 mins Exercise

Hope the scales are kind to me tomorrow! :D

1lb off at weigh-in - 12st 1lb now!! :D Amazed after the weekend away, the being good since Monday obviously helped!

Another good day today...

Gym: 30 mins on bike
Breakfast: Melon, Pineapple, HiFi Bar (HEB), Tea (0.5 Syns)
Lunch: Home-made veg soup, Strawberries, Hoops & Crosses (4 Syns)
Dinner: Rib Eye Steak, Homemade Chips (1.5 Syns for Olive Oil Spray), Mushrooms in Cream Sauce (4 Syns for 2 tbsp Creme Fraiche), Salad
Treat: Caxtons Pink n White (2.5 Syns)

Summary: 1 x HEB, 12.5 Syns, 30mins x exercise

WP_000267.jpg

Last edited:
At an off-site meeting today where all the food was provided for us so was dreading it, was going to be my only day of the week where I couldn't control what I ate, but actually wasn't as bad as it could have been - I steered clear of all the pastries, tarts, and big fat sandwiches, and instead stuck to many cups of tea and a lunch of mostly sensible choices. And then I left when the free bar opened! Where is the old Nicola and what have I done with her?! Normally I can't help myself if there's tasty food and free drinks on offer, so perhaps I have finally got my head back into the right place and maybe this will be the time that I finally get to target, here's hoping :D

Breakfast: Boiled Eggs & Soldiers with low fat butter (5 Syns, 1xHEB) - breakfast at home to ensure I didn't get tempted by the pastries
Snacks: Tea x 3 (1.5 Syns)
Lunch: New potatoes, pasta salad, mixed leaf salad & tomatoes, 2 small slices of bread from a french stick (although I left half of one of them), smoked salmon, and a slice of brie (not sure how to syn all that but am fairly confident it would have taken me to my day's limit, even if I included the brie in my HEA, as I'm sure the salad dressing wasn't fat free, and the new potatoes had been roasted)
Snacks: Tea x1 (0.5 Syns)
Exercise: 30 mins on bike, 20 mins run (hoping that will counteract some of the above!!)
Dinner: TBC, but the chips last night were so good that I think I might just have to have them again!! I invested in one of those chip trays and it really did make them so much crispier and tastier, yum :)

Summary: 1 x HEA, 1 x HEB, a few too many syns, 50 mins exercise

Not too bad for my worst day of the week!! Taking a flexi day off work tomorrow and have already planned to go to Zumba in the morning followed by doing my big shop for lots of healthy things (am writing my menu for the week tonight), so I'll be 100% from now until weigh-in on Weds... would absolutely love to get into the 11s this week, and it would be great if I got my stone award to boot!! Just need one of my rare big loss weeks!!!

Hope you're all doing well and the pounds are melting off??

x

Sneaky weigh-in at home this morning and the scales showed 12st exactly!!! So this is what can happen if I don't overindulge on weigh-in night!! :D Here's hoping for 11st 13lbs for weigh-in if I keep it up!!

Day off work today (claiming back some hours after a few weeks of long days) and the sun is shining and I'm in a fab mood thanks to the scales and the weather, so I'm off to do a Zumba class and then I'm getting my hair cut this afternoon, can't decide what to do, I said I'd get my fringe cut back in after losing a certain amount of weight, but now I can't decide whether to wait until I've got another half stone off so I feel and look fab! Decisions decisions!!! :D

Today's Summary:

Breakfast: Banana
Exercise: 1 Hour Zumba & 1 Hour Scrubbing the house! :D
Lunch: Big bowl of Homemade Veg Soup with a little dollop of fat free fromage frais, 12 x Taste Original Mini Chicken Satay (free and delicious if anyone hasn't tried them!), Melon & Pineapple
Dinner: Spaghetti Bolognese, Mixed Salad & 15g Parmesan (half HEA)
Snacks: Strawberries, HiFi Rocky Road (half HEB) and Pink n White (2.5 Syns)

Not done well in having my HEs or my Syns today but am just too stuffed from the food I have eaten! I will be better from tomorrow :)

Summary: Half a HEA, Half a HEB, 2.5 Syns, 1 hour proper exercise

All good so far, just need to plan how to keep away the weekend munchies!!

Last edited:
Scales still show 12st 0lbs today! :D

Went and did my food shop, and have stocked up on all kinds of healthy goodies...

Breakfast: Berries & Low Fat Greek Yog (1 Syn)
Lunch: Cheese & Broccoli Pasta n Sauce with 125 mils SS Milk
Dinner: Going to try SW Kebab Meat - can't wait! :D

Hellooo, have just spent some time reading through your diary, when is your weigh in? Good luck for hitting the 11's xx

Hellooo, have just spent some time reading through your diary, when is your weigh in? Good luck for hitting the 11's xx

Hello and welcome to my diary! :D My weigh-in is Wednesday evening, so I really want to be seeing 11st 13lbs on the scales by then so I can 1) get into the 11s and 2) get my stone award!! Am so, so determined! You look like you've done brilliantly, how long has it taken you? My journey's been a slow one so far! x

Back