Nicola's Cuba Countdown

Woo just got my placing and time for this morning's run - I came 64th out of 101 women, and 155th out of 208 people in total, with a time of 33:47. Very happy with that, and that's now my base from which to improve! :D

Well done again you can only get better! How do they time you do you get a number? x

Yep, when you sign up you get a barcode, and then at the end of the race you get given a little token which corresponds to the time you finish - they scan your barcode as they take the token back off you, and that then records your result against your name :) x

Right am all prepared for the baby shower tomorrow now apart from a deep clean of the house in the morning and creating the decorations and games from all the bits I've bought! :D

Final summary for today...

Snack: Banana
Exercise: 5k run in 33:47 mins
Breakfast: WW Fat Free Desserts Yogurt - Lemon Tart
Lunch: Grill-Up with Bacon, Egg, Potato Cakes made with Smash & Chives, Cherry Tomatoes (S), Beans (SS), Toast (HEB), and 10g low fat butter (2.5 Syns), 2 Satsumas (S), Pink n White (5 Syns)
Dinner: 4 chicken drumsticks with skin taken off (I only realised at 10pm in Tesco that I hadn't eaten yet so grabbed from the hot counter!), 40g reduced fat cheddar (HEA)
Snack: 10g chocolate (2.5 Syns)

Summary: 1 x HEA, 1 x HEB, 10 Syns, 5k Run

Last edited:
There's a new huge Tesco up by where I work, so I might try in there, keep your fingers crossed for me! :)

All's going well thank you, the journey continues to slowly get there! Really want 2lbs this week so I can get my Club 10, but nothing's shifted on the scales yet despite me being very good and doing tons of exercise, hope there's going to be some kind of delayed reaction by Weds! :D How's everything with you? xx

Fingers crossed you find it :)

I found when doing exercise my weigh loss was so much slower but I fitted into those jeans yesterday so I'm losing. I didn't really do any exercise last week and only lost lb so going straight back to it Monday get this weekends bad food choices gone hehe xx

Fingers crossed you find it :)

I found when doing exercise my weigh loss was so much slower but I fitted into those jeans yesterday so I'm losing. I didn't really do any exercise last week and only lost lb so going straight back to it Monday get this weekends bad food choices gone hehe xx

It's always nice to know we can do a bit of extra exercise to offset the bits of naughty food! :D I'm definitely having a slice of cake at this afternoon's baby shower, and don't know how many syns it will be, but am going to head down to the gym shortly to pre-emptively wear it off! :D x

hope you's have a lovely day...and you enjoy that cake ;) x

Thanks ladies! Am just about to get making my food for it - mini baked potatoes (i.e. baked new potatoes), mixed salad, Tesco Lighter Choices sausages on sticks, and tuna, pasta & sweetcorn salad - so I can scoff as much of these as I like while everyone else tucks into the pork pies!! :D

The living room looks so cute with baby clothes hanging everywhere!! :) x

Ah well that was fab! Was a bit stressed out by about half an hour before as there just seemed so much to do, but once everyone got here it was brilliant! :D The mum to be was totally surprised, and everyone came who was supposed to, we played silly games, ate loads of nice food, and generally had a lovely afternoon! Couldn't do it too often as it totally takes over your life planning something like that but very rewarding seeing the smiles on her face :)

I was probably 75% good on food, which isn't too bad considering!!

Breakfast: Banana, Low Fat Yogurt, Sweetener
Body Magic: About 3 hours of cleaning!
Lunch: 3 x mini baked potatoes (cute as!), tuna & sweetcorn filling
Party Food: Tuna & Sweetcorn Pasta, Mixed Salad with Sweet Chilli Dressing, 2 small slices halloumi cheese, 4 lighter choices sausages, 5 marshmallow pops (marshmallows dipped in chocolate), 1/4 Cheese & Onion Sandwich, 2 Spicy Chicken Drumsticks, lots of SW spicy potatoes, 1 bite of quiche lorraine (decided it really wasn't worth the syns after that one bite!), 3 mini chocolate krispie cakes, 1 mini chocolate roll, 1 slice cake, 1/4 homemade scotch egg

Summary: 0 x HEA, 0 x HEB, ??? x Syns, 0 x Exercise!

Food resisted (apart from small bites of some as above): Pork Pies, Cocktail Sausages, Quiches, Fresh Bread, Egg Mayo Sandwiches, Scotch Eggs, Sugary Drinks, Alcoholic Drinks, Biscuits, Breadsticks, Cheese Straws, Crisps, Popcorn, and god knows what else!!

So all in all, not an amazing food day and definitely well over my syns, but had a lot of fun, so will just have to work doubly hard from now til Weds to ensure I get a loss this week!!

Looking forward to a good sleep tonight now, am shattered! xx

Last edited:
Hehe thanks! :D Finishing off the day by watching the Inbetweeners Movie! x

Hello all! How are you on this day of absolutely manic weather??

Back to being good today but had a really busy one at work which put paid to my exercise plans, that's 2 days off now, feels very strange!! :eek: Early night tonight and gym first thing tomorrow! Scales were still ok this morning at 11st 10.5lbs, but think my 2lb loss by Weds is looking rather optimistic, boo! :(

Breakfast: None (oops)
Lunch: Tuna Pasta Salad left over from baby shower (2.5 Syns for Morrisons Light Mayo), Banana, Apple
Dinner: Smash with Chives, SW Spicy Potatoes also left over from baby shower, toast (HEB) with 10g low fat butter (2.5 Syns) and tsp ketchup (0.5 Syns)
Snacks: 3 x Babybel Light (HEA), 4 little "chocolate fix" balls (1 Syn)

A bizarre selection of food really!! :D

Summary: 1 x HEA, 1 x HEB, 6.5 Syns, No Exercise

Morning lovely,
How was the gym!? Goodness I dont know if I could manage it first thing...do you find your muscles ache?!
Leftover food sounds yum! How much do you have left? Will you be munching it for days!? :)
xx

Hello! Gym was good thanks, I don't find I ache afterwards but I do always make sure I have a good stretch at the end of every session to prevent it :) Sometimes when I'm going up the stairs at work I might feel it in my calves or thighs but generally am ok. The leftover food is almost gone now, phew! Housemate has bagsied the leftover hoummus (full fat) for her tea tonight, so no risk of me eating that now - the leftover chocolate and crisps have been tucked away out of sight so I forget about them until the next party, and I had the last batch of tuna pasta for my lunch, a little bit sick of that now!! Looking forward to a non-party-food tea! :D How's your day been? xx

What are these choc fix balls mmmm ??

I got bought them as a present for Easter - they're a little tin of chocolate balls from Thorntons - a mixture of white, milk and dark - tiny little things, but sucking on a few is enough to stave off a chocolate craving! :D Will try to take a pic of the tin later to show you x

Hello all!

Feeling back on plan properly again today, SW food all the way and managed a gym session too, so feeling much happier. And the scales were kind-ish this morning too, showing 11st 9.5lbs! Only 0.5lbs off what I need for my Club 10 at official weigh-in tomorrow night, but am not going to get my hopes up too much, if it takes until next week to reach it so be it, but I really want those shoes and NOW! :D

Healthy food etc today...

Gym: 20 mins on bike and 10 mins run @ 10.5kph
Breakfast: WW Desserts Yogurt (Caramel & Apple, very tasty!), Banana, Tea (part of HEA for milk)
Snack: Tea (part of HEA for milk)
Lunch: Leftover Tuna Pasta (2.5 Syns for Low Fat Mayo), 2 Satsumas
Nibbles: Raw Mushrooms while cooking tea!
Dinner: Steak with SW Chips & Mushroom Sauce (2 Syns for 2tbsp half fat creme fraiche & 1 Syn for 14 squirts of olive oil for Chips & Steak)
Dessert: Raspberries
Snack: Rocky Road HiFi Bar (HEB)

Summary: 0.5 x HEA, 1 x HEB, 5.5 Syns, 30 mins Exercise

Steak Dinner:
:DWP_000297.jpg

Last edited:
Woo just got my placing and time for this morning's run - I came 64th out of 101 women, and 155th out of 208 people in total, with a time of 33:47. Very happy with that, and that's now my base from which to improve! :D

That's brilliant and inspiring for me, I'm on week 3 of a 5K training programme and also can't see how I will be able to run 5K by week 8 but we shall see! Lol.

Really well done xx

Back