Nicola's Cuba Countdown

Yet again pestering you...where are you getting all this amazing pulled pork?!!!!!

Re: Nicola will be taking 3 stone less luggage to Las Vegas!

Thank you :)

Well good morning all!

The scales are still showing 10st 13lbs! :D Please let that stick for weigh-in and then I've got nearly all of the Vegas gain of 5lbs off in one go! :D Feel very bloated this morning though, need to get onto lots of water and tea once I get into work - think that's the result of so much food yesterday!

Here's today's plan...

Breakfast: Yogurt, Fruit
Lunch: Sushi, Fruit Salad
Snacks: Apple, Peach
Dinner: Spaghetti Carbonara & Salad OR Pulled Pork with Mash (will see what I fancy when I get home)

Hope you all have good Mondays xx

Morning :) pics look lovely :) fantastic news on your loss- im hoping I lose the last bit this week ;)

Foods looking good and I hope you get the news you want at work today.

Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Yet again pestering you...where are you getting all this amazing pulled pork?!!!!!

I made it from the recipe in the magazine a few months ago - in the USA food article :) Have you got a copy of that mag? Sainsbury's have 1/3 off their pork shoulder joints at the moment, so got a decent sized one at the weekend and cooked it up, takes quite a while so is worth getting a decent sized joint and then freeze the leftovers x

Evening ladies! :)

Well weirdly it was actually quite nice to get back into the routine of work today! It was very busy and didn't finish until 7.30pm, but my boss has actually done quite a good job of standing in for me while I was away, so didn't come back to too much rubbish :D However, still no news on the job front... the discussions with the girl I'm covering for are still ongoing and will be for at least another week, so the wait goes on! On the plus side, my old department are in no hurry to get me back, so it doesn't look like I'll have to go back to my old crappy job any time soon ;) A job's come up in Dublin, so am having a little look into that one too, keeping my options open!

Foodwise, it's been a HUNGRY day!! I could have eaten a scabby horse! But after a huge tea I am now lovely and full :)

Breakfast: WW Greek Yog (0.5), Banana, Tea
Lunch: Sushi (3), Grapes, Raspberries, Blueberries, Apple
Snacks: Almonds (HEB), Satsuma
Dinner: Leftover Pulled Pork with Mash (0.5) and Peas
Snacks: Hot Chocolate (2) made with a bit of milk (HEA) and Squirty Cream (0.5)

Summary (EE): 0 x HEA, 1 x HEB, 6.5 Syns

Keep on failing to have my HEA but don't fancy any cheese or milk... am hoping that already having the low fat dairy in the form of the fat free yogurts is enough to get those calcium benefits!

How have all your Mondays been? It feels so autumny tonight despite it being quite warm, feels so like back to school time! x

Last edited:

Evening ladies! :)

Well weirdly it was actually quite nice to get back into the routine of work today! It was very busy and didn't finish until 7.30pm, but my boss has actually done quite a good job of standing in for me while I was away, so didn't come back to too much rubbish :D However, still no news on the job front... the discussions with the girl I'm covering for are still ongoing and will be for at least another week, so the wait goes on! On the plus side, my old department are in no hurry to get me back, so it doesn't look like I'll have to go back to my old crappy job any time soon ;) A job's come up in Dublin, so am having a little look into that one too, keeping my options open!

Foodwise, it's been a HUNGRY day!! I could have eaten a scabby horse! But after a huge tea I am now lovely and full :)

Breakfast: WW Greek Yog (0.5), Banana, Tea (0.5)
Lunch: Sushi (3), Grapes, Raspberries, Blueberries, Apple
Snacks: Almonds (HEB), Satsuma
Dinner: Leftover Pulled Pork with Mash (0.5) and Peas
Snacks: Hot Chocolate (2) with Squirty Cream (0.5), Freddo (5)

Summary (EE): 0 x HEA, 1 x HEB, 12 Syns

Keep on failing to have my HEA but don't fancy any cheese or milk... am hoping that already having the low fat dairy in the form of the fat free yogurts is enough to get those calcium benefits!

How have all your Mondays been? It feels so autumny tonight despite it being quite warm, feels so like back to school time! x

Glad to hear you had a good first day back :) I had my first day back at uni today (4 month break!!) Was good to be back:) in relation to your hea.. why not make your hot chocolate with it?? I don't like hot chocolate unless it is a little creamy.. also mini marshmallows (poundshop for a big bag-epic find!!!!!) You get loads for 2 syns ; D

Xxx

Glad to hear you had a good first day back :) I had my first day back at uni today (4 month break!!) Was good to be back:) in relation to your hea.. why not make your hot chocolate with it?? I don't like hot chocolate unless it is a little creamy.. also mini marshmallows (poundshop for a big bag-epic find!!!!!) You get loads for 2 syns ; D

Xxx

I thought about doing that but wasn't sure whether an Options would taste nice made with milk or not... have you tried it before? Think have got most of the flavours in the cupboard, so maybe some would be better than others. I love mini marshmallows on hot choc but can't trust myself with an open bag. I have been known on many a time to demolish a whole big bag of either normal or mini marshmallows, and without a game of Fluffy Bunnies in sight! :D x

I made it from the recipe in the magazine a few months ago - in the USA food article :) Have you got a copy of that mag? Sainsbury's have 1/3 off their pork shoulder joints at the moment, so got a decent sized one at the weekend and cooked it up, takes quite a while so is worth getting a decent sized joint and then freeze the leftovers x

Ooooooooh!!! Must get a pork shoulder joint this week then and freeze it for next week! Yay! Too many ideas - too little time :) xx

Ooooooooh!!! Must get a pork shoulder joint this week then and freeze it for next week! Yay! Too many ideas - too little time :) xx

Haha I do find myself sometimes wishing there were more days in the week so I could try more different things! :D I'm such a slacker and end up having pasta half the time though, which doesn't help! x

Took Nic's advice on the hot chocolate... had a Cadbury's Highlights in, so made that up with a little bit of milk and then hot water, and topped with squirty cream... as good as any from Thorntons! :D

WP_000794.jpg

And it was so chocolatey, I don't really fancy the Freddo any more! So will be saving those syns for a treat after weigh-in on Weds :)

Oh and in other good news, one of my best friends is coming to join me at SW this week! She's even put it in my diary at work so I can remind her to come! :D

Took Nic's advice on the hot chocolate... had a Cadbury's Highlights in, so made that up with a little bit of milk and then hot water, and topped with squirty cream... as good as any from Thorntons! :D

View attachment 108090

And it was so chocolatey, I don't really fancy the Freddo any more! So will be saving those syns for a treat after weigh-in on Weds :)

Oh and in other good news, one of my best friends is coming to join me at SW this week! She's even put it in my diary at work so I can remind her to come! :D

Yay!!!!! That looks great! I am also so happy that my hot chocolate saved me from any other little sweet treats tonight as well :D Xx

It looks a little poor compared to yours though :( right! Its hot chocolate wars!! ;)

Yay!!!!! That looks great! I am also so happy that my hot chocolate saved me from any other little sweet treats tonight as well :D Xx

It looks a little poor compared to yours though :( right! Its hot chocolate wars!! ;)

Hahaha you're on! ;) x

20130923_204715.jpg

I reckon that was some very strategic "cup picking" if you ask me ;) some how chelsea football club doesn't quite have the same ring as your chocolately mug :D You just wait until tomorrow!! You'll be having your daily hea with out every realising it!!! hahhahaa

xx

View attachment 108092

I reckon that was some very strategic "cup picking" if you ask me ;) some how chelsea football club doesn't quite have the same ring as your chocolately mug :D You just wait until tomorrow!! You'll be having your daily hea with out every realising it!!! hahhahaa

xx

Haha I promise it was just the first clean cup I pulled out... many of my mugs feature chocolate with me being a well-known chocoholic among my friends! :D I might buy myself some full-fat milk so I can use that in my hot chocs, would be able to use a full HEA that way :D

Morning all!

On an offsite meeting all day today so will be a tough one, am going to be surrounded by chocolate and sweets, so have prepared myself a lunchbox full of fruit and other healthy snacks to try and keep myself on the straight and narrow :)

Today's food plan (looks like turning into a Green day)...

Breakfast: WW Yog (0.5), 2 Boiled Eggs (0.5 for sliver of butter)
Lunch: Sushi (3), Raspberries, Grapes, Blueberries, Apple, Banana
Dinner: Goats Cheese & Basil Tortelloni (7) with Parmesan (HEA) and Salad

Wish me luck! x

Good luck!! Looks like you're well prepared though :) x

I did it! Off-site day successfully navigating! :D

Hey Nicola,

I haven't been on here much but I'm back posting and hoping to shift as much weight as possible. You are doing marvellously well so well done!:D

X

Hey welcome back! And loads of luck with getting your weight off, you can do it :) x

Well as above, I managed to stick to my plan, and ended up eating even more fruit than planned by making that the only tray from the lunch provided that I allowed myself to pick at! I resisted quiches and sandwiches and crisps, yay me! :D Watching Great British Bake Off now and torturing myself though haha! ;)

Breakfast: WW Greek Yogurt (0.5), Boiled Eggs with sliver of Butter (0.5), Tea (0.5)
Snacks: Banana, Tea (0.5)
Lunch: Sushi (3), Pineapple, Kiwi, Strawberries
Snacks: Fruit salad (Grapes, Raspberries, Blueberries)
Dinner: Goats Cheese & Basil Tortelloni (7) with Parmesan (HEA)
Snacks: Rocky Road Hifi Light (HEB)

Summary (Green): 1 x HEA, 1 x HEB, 12 Syns

Weigh-in tomorrow, was half a lb heavier on my scales this morning, am hoping that was just from last night's huge tea and not mother nature's doing... so everything crossed for a better result tomorrow morning and then following that, at official weigh-in tomorrow night!! :) I'd love to be 10st 13lbs on the official scales, as that would be my 2st loss back, and I'd only need another 0.5lbs next week to have lost my whole holiday weight in 2 weeks :) I know I've been 100% this week at least, so whatever will be will be.

How are you all doing? Finding it ok to stay on plan now the autumn weather's setting in? xx

I did it! Off-site day successfully navigating! :D Hey welcome back! And loads of luck with getting your weight off, you can do it :) x Well as above, I managed to stick to my plan, and ended up eating even more fruit than planned by making that the only tray from the lunch provided that I allowed myself to pick at! I resisted quiches and sandwiches and crisps, yay me! :D Watching Great British Bake Off now and torturing myself though haha! ;) Breakfast: WW Greek Yogurt (0.5), Boiled Eggs with sliver of Butter (0.5), Tea (0.5) Snacks: Banana, Tea (0.5) Lunch: Sushi (3), Pineapple, Kiwi, Strawberries Snacks: Fruit salad (Grapes, Raspberries, Blueberries) Dinner: Goats Cheese & Basil Tortelloni (7) with Parmesan (HEA) Snacks: Rocky Road Hifi Light (HEB) Summary (Green): 1 x HEA, 1 x HEB, 12 Syns Weigh-in tomorrow, was half a lb heavier on my scales this morning, am hoping that was just from last night's huge tea and not mother nature's doing... so everything crossed for a better result tomorrow morning and then following that, at official weigh-in tomorrow night!! :) I'd love to be 10st 13lbs on the official scales, as that would be my 2st loss back, and I'd only need another 0.5lbs next week to have lost my whole holiday weight in 2 weeks :) I know I've been 100% this week at least, so whatever will be will be. How are you all doing? Finding it ok to stay on plan now the autumn weather's setting in? xx

Definitely more so than summer I think! Just making sure I have lots of hot choc/flumps/low syn choc treats in for when I'm sitting down after dinner with a cuppa enjoying the tv (currently watching GBBO too)! I always find days ok in work as long as I've planned,prepped and taken my lunch with me.

I love that I can have lots of meaty and veggie stews now :) getting my slow cooker back this weekend so looking forward to that :)

As always though, regardless of season, the weekend is where the challenge is!!

How do you find it? Xx

Haha yep, the weekends are always the most difficult bit, although I do find them the easiest days for lunches as I love being able to have a cooked lunch rather than a packed lunch :)

I'm enjoying getting back into all my stodge too, it's nice to fancy mash and that kind of thing again! :D But I think I find myself eating less superfree as I go back to more traditional hot meals (instead of salads in summer), so need to make a conscious effort to plan it in... am thinking superfree soup might be the way to go. Have got a butternut squash in the kitchen so might make a big pot of soup with that and try to have it before my meals :) I've never used a slow cooker before - if I had a bit more room in the kitchen I'd really consider one though! x

Haha I promise it was just the first clean cup I pulled out... many of my mugs feature chocolate with me being a well-known chocoholic among my friends! :D I might buy myself some full-fat milk so I can use that in my hot chocs, would be able to use a full HEA that way :D

Hot chocolate for this evening ;)

image.jpg

Back