Nicola's Cuba Countdown

Oh dammit I fell back asleep again after writing the above! Just have just had my "brunch" at 7pm :rolleyes: Can really recommend it though, very tasty and on 3 for £10 at M&S at the moment! x

Haha! You need to go to bed, have a good 12 hours and you'll hopefully recover :) however the one time I had jet lag my way to conquer it was to be awake for 60 hours in order to go to bed at 8pm and wake up at 11am the next day lol :p

I'm going to try to get to bed by midnight tonight and hope for the best! :)

A bit of an update foodwise... I realised I got the wrong Raspberry Panna Cotta from M&S and it's actually 5 Syns rather than zero!! :eek: So I'm slightly over my syns for today, oops! The packs look identical apart from one word, so watch out if you're buying them.

Brunch: M&S Fuller Longer Hoisin Duck & Noodles (3.5)
Snacks: Dried Apricots (HEB), Peach
Dinner: Italian Pesto & Goats Cheese Tortelloni, 150g (7) with Tomatoes, Basil & Cheese (HEA)
Dessert: M&S Count on Us Fat Free Yogurt, Raspberry Panna Cotta (5)

Summary (EE): 1 x HEA, 1 x HEB, 15.5 Syns

Fingers crossed for muchos sleep tonight, no housemate here so the house will be peaceful, hopefully that will help :)

WP_000780.jpg

Last edited:
Argh jetlag still no better, seems to be getting worse! Tried setting the alarm and got up at 8am (after finally getting to sleep at around 5am) but literally couldn't keep my eyes open so had to go back to bed... :( Going to get out and about this afternoon and try to wear myself out a bit for a good sleep tonight! Really need to go and do a food shop as haven't got any superfree veg in the house at all, so going to sit down and do my menu plan and then get my bum down to Sainsbury's to get everything I need.

Scales seem to be heading in the right direction though thankfully, showing 11st 0.75lbs this morning, which would already be a nice loss vs. official weigh-in :) Nearly back in those 10s again, phew!

Today's plan...

Brunch: M&S Fuller Longer Pulled Ham in Mustard Sauce with Mashed Potato & Runner Beans, chilled, 400g pack (2.5), Apple
Snacks: Peach, Banana
Dinner: Lasagne (HEA for Cheese on top) with Peas & Garlic Bread (HEB + 2.5)

End of day check-in...

Brunch: M&S Fuller Longer Pulled Ham in Mustard Sauce with Mashed Potato & Runner Beans, chilled, 400g pack (2.5), WW Greek Yogurt (0.5)
Snacks: Peach
Dinner: Chorizo Pasta (2.5) & Peas
Snacks: 2 Hifi Lights (HEB), Melba Toasts (3), Philadelphia Light (HEA), Freddo (5), 3 BGTY Sausages (1.5)

Summary (EE): 1 x HEA, 1 x HEB, 15 Syns

WP_000784.jpg WP_000786.jpg

Last edited:
It was £3.99 or 3 for £10 :) Expensive for a ready meal but there's loads of meat in them x

Loads of meat is exactly what I want to hear! The usual ready meals are so stingy, I may have to splash out it would be awesome to have one of these after a late shift at work! Treat :D

Haha yeah, normally with ready meals you're poking around for the one bit of dried up meat... but both that one and the duck in hoisin sauce one had loads of meat - think it's because it's the fuller for longer range and they're all about being high protein :)

Finally feeling slightly tired at a relatively normal time, fingers crossed for a normal night's sleep tonight! Down in MK tomorrow to see the folks, will give you a wave from Newport Lauren! ;) x

Well you've sold it to me now! May just have to pop by M&S tomorrow! =D

Have a lovely trip down to MK! :D I'm off to Towcester for the day tomorrow to photograph a wedding, seems whenever we are almost in the same vicinity I've gone off somewhere else!

Enjoy Towcester and the wedding! :D

Well my good night's sleep started well... I think I got to sleep for about 1am (yay!), but then my housemate put the washing machine on timer to start at 5am, and that woke me up again! :( Can't go back to bed as need to get up and ready for going down to MK... am going to need a lot of Red Bull to get me through 6 hours of driving! Very annoyed with housemate right now, that would have been my first night of normal sleep if it hadn't been for the washing machine's wakeup call :mad:

Food will be a bit out of my control today as down at mum and dad's - will have a healthy breakfast before I set off and will take fruit and water for the car, but after that just have to hope that mum's remembered I'm trying to be good so I can stay 100% :)

Happy weekend everyone! x

Enjoy Towcester and the wedding! :D

Well my good night's sleep started well... I think I got to sleep for about 1am (yay!), but then my housemate put the washing machine on timer to start at 5am, and that woke me up again! :( Can't go back to bed as need to get up and ready for going down to MK... am going to need a lot of Red Bull to get me through 6 hours of driving! Very annoyed with housemate right now, that would have been my first night of normal sleep if it hadn't been for the washing machine's wakeup call :mad:

That is so annoying isn't it? Little things like that always wake me up. The pipe for our washing machine runs down the back of my wall so whenever anyone uses the washing machine it wakes me up, if I want a lie in though I usually say not to use it before I'm up. Today upstairs ran a bath and the pipe was so noisy. Annnnnnnoying.

Enjoy the time at your parents xx

That is so annoying isn't it? Little things like that always wake me up. The pipe for our washing machine runs down the back of my wall so whenever anyone uses the washing machine it wakes me up, if I want a lie in though I usually say not to use it before I'm up. Today upstairs ran a bath and the pipe was so noisy. Annnnnnnoying.

Enjoy the time at your parents xx

I really should have said to my housemate, but I'd already gone to bed by the time she got in last night so didn't see her... doh! :rolleyes:

Managed fine down to MK and back in the end with only the aid of a few strong cuppas :) Glad I didn't have to resort to the Red Bull! And did ok-ish foodwise too, yay! Mum was very accommodating and let me make a slightly altered dinner from what she was making for the boys (and she and my aunt ended up joining me in my version instead!) :D Really ready for my bed tonight, so fingers crossed for that well-deserved proper sleep tonight!!

Today's summary...

Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs with sliver of butter (1), tea (0.5)
Snack: Apple, tea (0.5), another 2 teas (1)
Dinner: Ham, Mushroom & Leek Pasta Bake with Philly Light (HEA + 1 for oil used in cooking)
Dessert: Tiny Sliver of Homemade Cheesecake (No way to work out syns precisely, but will allow remainder of day's syns for this - 11)
Snacks: Almonds (HEB)

Summary: 1 x HEA, 1 x HEB, 15 Syns, 300 miles driven!

Morning ladies!

I finally slept! :D Mum recommended trying to make an antihistamine just before bed (the non non-drowsy ones) and it properly knocked me out, so I woke up naturally around 8am... I feel human again! :D
And on top of that, 1) the sun is shining, and 2) my scales showed me as unofficially back in the 10s this morning at 10st 13lbs, so I am a happy bunny! :bunnydance:

Went food shopping last night and I've got a fridge full of healthy foods and therefore no excuses for the rest of the week, so hopefully I'll see a half decent result on the scales come Wednesday :) Here's today's plan...

Breakfast: Grapefruit, Banana
Lunch: TBC
Dinner: Pulled Pork with Chips, Salad & BBQ Sauce

Re: Nicola will be taking 3 stone less luggage to Las Vegas!

Morning ladies!

I finally slept! :D Mum recommended trying to make an antihistamine just before bed (the non non-drowsy ones) and it properly knocked me out, so I woke up naturally around 8am... I feel human again! :D
And on top of that, 1) the sun is shining, and 2) my scales showed me as unofficially back in the 10s this morning at 10st 13lbs, so I am a happy bunny! :bunnydance:

Went food shopping last night and I've got a fridge full of healthy foods and therefore no excuses for the rest of the week, so hopefully I'll see a half decent result on the scales come Wednesday :) Here's today's plan...

Breakfast: Grapefruit, Banana
Lunch: TBC
Dinner: Pulled Pork with Chips, Salad & BBQ Sauce

That is great news!! Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

CONGRATS!!! That's fab! Great news on both the sleep and scales front. Have a fab day!xx

That is great news!! Xx

Thanks ladies! Really hope both the sleep and the weigh-in weren't just flukes! :) Have eaten sooo much today, wouldn't be surprised if the scales showed heavier tomorrow morning just because of the extra food in my stomach!! :D

End of day check-in...

Breakfast: Banana
Lunch: Grapes, Ham, Homemade Potato Salad (2.5 for Extra Light Mayo & Salad Cream)
Snacks: Baby New Potatoes (well, they were cooked from lunch, so I nibbled!)
Dinner: Pulled Pork with Skinny Fries, Salad & BBQ Sauce
Dessert: M&S Count on Us Raspberry Panna Cotta (5)
Snacks: Almonds (HEB), 2 Crispello Pieces (5)

Summary (EE): 0 x HEA, 1 x HEB, 12.5 Syns

WP_000788.jpgWP_000790.jpg

Back to work tomorrow after all the hols, booooo! Have got the Sunday night dread for the first time in ages :( Will hopefully find out whether I get to stay in my job tomorrow too... it's a bit nervewracking not knowing what job I might be doing in a few weeks!

PS. First of the Vegas piccies...

1185749_10151921571031424_1123486490_n.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely Vegas pic, food looks yummy too! xx

Thank you :)

Well good morning all!

The scales are still showing 10st 13lbs! :D Please let that stick for weigh-in and then I've got nearly all of the Vegas gain of 5lbs off in one go! :D Feel very bloated this morning though, need to get onto lots of water and tea once I get into work - think that's the result of so much food yesterday!

Here's today's plan...

Breakfast: Yogurt, Fruit
Lunch: Sushi, Fruit Salad
Snacks: Apple, Peach
Dinner: Spaghetti Carbonara & Salad OR Pulled Pork with Mash (will see what I fancy when I get home)

Hope you all have good Mondays xx

Back