Nic's Food Diary

Thanks hun, sorry to mention it, we're just struggling to cope with not being able to just do what we want when we want at the moment. Would have loved to have been sat in a beer garden this weekend but hubby just not up to itxx

Don't be sorry mention it Hun, sometimes does us good to talk about things, all he can do is take it as his own pace and I'm sure your happy to spend time with each other wherever it is xx

Thanks hun, sorry to mention it, we're just struggling to cope with not being able to just do what we want when we want at the moment. Would have loved to have been sat in a beer garden this weekend but hubby just not up to itxx

It must be frustrating, but when he's fully recovered you'll be able to do all those things again. Enjoy the time chilling together.

Fingers crossed things will get back to 'normal' soon and you can both enjoy living again. How are u feeling today Nicky? X

Don't be sorry mention it Hun, sometimes does us good to talk about things, all he can do is take it as his own pace and I'm sure your happy to spend time with each other wherever it is xx

It must be frustrating, but when he's fully recovered you'll be able to do all those things again. Enjoy the time chilling together.

Fingers crossed things will get back to 'normal' soon and you can both enjoy living again. How are u feeling today Nicky? X

Hi Nic, a big well done on your fab loss! Great for motivation isn't it?

Sorry to hear hubby hasn't been well and suffers from headaches now. Hope things improve soon so you can get out and about again xx

Thank you lovelies I just needed to vent. He's had a really bad headache all day today and yesterday. Been to see occupational doctor today who has said he needs to get back to work full time, but instead of doing shifts to start with he will be doing 8.30 till 5.00 which is a lot better for all of us. Doctor thinks a lot of the headaches he is getting could be due to anxiety and lack of sleep, which I tend to agree with, neither of us are sleeping particularly well, but hubby is getting even less than me.

Thanks again
Nic xx

I know what anxiety and bad sleep does to me let anyone a poorly person so his stress headaches must be bad. As long as he takes it easy. Are you not sleeping cos he can't X

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thank you lovelies I just needed to vent. He's had a really bad headache all day today and yesterday. Been to see occupational doctor today who has said he needs to get back to work full time, but instead of doing shifts to start with he will be doing 8.30 till 5.00 which is a lot better for all of us. Doctor thinks a lot of the headaches he is getting could be due to anxiety and lack of sleep, which I tend to agree with, neither of us are sleeping particularly well, but hubby is getting even less than me. Thanks again Nic xx

I hope that doing regular hours is of help for him, shifts are never good for anyone. X

Week 7, Day 3 - propoints

Evening lovely ladies

Thanks again for all your support on diet related matters and all the other stuff that life throws at us.

Food for today:-

B - Crunchy nut cornflakes 30g (3)

Skimmed milk 1\4 pint (just one coffee today and milk for cereal) (1)

L - Chilli king prawn noodle salad (8) - forgot my sandwiches and had to buy from the canteen at work!
Strawberries & nectarine

D - 1 Iceland beefburger (2)
Tesco bakery bread bun 51g (3)
1 tesco value cheese slice (1)
Value tomato sauce (1)
150g roasted baby new potatoes (3)
Tesco mini corn on the cob (3)

S - 2 x ice pop (1)
1/2 Dairy milk lu (3) (5pp in the whole bar)

Total dailies 26/26
Weeklies used today 3
Total weeklies used 16/49

Have a great evening.

Love Nic xx

Last edited:
Evening lovely ladies Thanks again for all your support on diet related matters and all the other stuff that life throws at us. Food for today:- B - Crunchy nut cornflakes 30g (3) Skimmed milk 1\4 pint (just one coffee today and milk for cereal) (1) L - Chilli king prawn noodle salad (8) - forgot my sandwiches and had to buy from the canteen at work! Strawberries & nectarine D - 1 Iceland beefburger (2) Tesco bakery bread bun 51g (3) 1 tesco value cheese slice (1) Value tomato sauce (1) 150g roasted baby new potatoes (3) Tesco mini corn on the cob (3) S - 2 x ice pop (1) 1/2 Dairy milk lu (3) (5pp in the whole bar) Total dailies 26/26 Weeklies used today 3 Total weeklies used 16/49 Have a great evening. Love Nic xx

Hey Nicky! Fab Day :) Useless fact of the day, did you know you can have 32g of CNC for 3pp! 2g could make all the difference you know ;-) Do you think Mini Corn on the Cob are worth 3pp? I'm not so sure after buying from Iceland! X

Hey Nicky! Fab Day :) Useless fact of the day, did you know you can have 32g of CNC for 3pp! 2g could make all the difference you know ;-) Do you think Mini Corn on the Cob are worth 3pp? I'm not so sure after buying from Iceland! X

Thanks serena I'll keep that in mind when measuring them :) 2g can make all the difference :)

I really like the mini corn on the cob, but they're definitely not worth the 3pp. I will be buying 0pp veg from now on.

Nic x

I know what anxiety and bad sleep does to me let anyone a poorly person so his stress headaches must be bad. As long as he takes it easy. Are you not sleeping cos he can't X

We were hoping his headaches would have subsided by now, most of the time they're are manageable but the last few days have been particularly bad :( I can't do anything to help him either.

I'm struggling to sleep as he doesn't go to bed at the same time as me at the moment and I can't settle till he's in bed. Hopefully that will all change when he starts working "normal" hours.

Nic xx

I hope that doing regular hours is of help for him, shifts are never good for anyone. X

Shifts are awful, and not particularly good for family life either. Hopefully he will get to stay on regular hours for ever now xx

Oh no hun I hope they settle soon. Must be so hard to see him in pain. Yes sometimes it's hard to sleep when your used to someone next to you. Hopefully once the routine sets in it will be better xx

Thanks serena I'll keep that in mind when measuring them :) 2g can make all the difference :) I really like the mini corn on the cob, but they're definitely not worth the 3pp. I will be buying 0pp veg from now on. Nic x

Glad to have been of service! I totally agree re Corn on the Cob, we've got two left to use on Friday Night but won't be buying anymore after that. I like my 0pp Veg too :) x

Shifts are awful, and not particularly good for family life either. Hopefully he will get to stay on regular hours for ever now xx

Fingers crossed as it will n doubt make a big difference to both of you. X

Week 7, Day 4 - F & H

Evening lovelies,
busy day today ad I cannot believe what time it is already. Been hunting for shoes for my sons year 11 leavers prom on Friday, must have been to every shoe shop in town!. Omg why does he have to be 16 lol.

Anyhow food for today:-

B - strawberries, nectarine and grapes

L - 2 warby thins with wafer thin chicken

D - Mayflower chicken curry (2)
Brown rice and sweetcorn

S - Penguin (3)
2 x ice pops (1)

Weeklies - 22/49

Love nic xx

Back