Nic's New Start

Well, I'm stunned and amazed. I was expecting a 4ish pound loss, but it was actually nine pounds! The pharmacist even asked if I was using all 3 packs! I have stuck to it 100%, which really shows. It's amazing how those little nibbles I used to have would add up.

Brilliant x

Yay, well done hun!!!:D

Thanks, you've both had another great loss this week too. Ali, That's over 2 stone in 3 weeks - well done you! And FTF, nearly two stone! Crikey between us we've already lost the weight of a young child!

We have to do it this time! :)

Ok I've lost the weight of an average 2yr old! Only a few more toddlers to lose and I'll be at goal! :eek:

Ok I've lost the weight of an average 2yr old! Only a few more toddlers to lose and I'll be at goal! :eek:
LOL!!! That's great! I'm sure you could find a few mum's willing to lend you their toddlers to lose! :p

I found this last time I was on minimims and wanted to keep it close to hand for those difficult times. I love it.

Reasons to LOSE Weight

1. To feel good about ourselves.
2. To have GREAT sex!
3. So we won't think people are laughing or talking about us.
4. To buy clothes in a normal store and actually get clothes with some style to them that fit correctly.
5. To have more energy!
6. To be able to tie your shoes/paint toenails.
7. To be able to sit on a floor and get up gracefully.
8. To wear a bathing suit.
9. To cross your legs or sit Indian style.
10. To fit into an airline/theatre/bus/whatever seat without spilling over and without having to see "that look" from the person who has to sit
beside you .
11. So our ankles won't swell.
12. To fit into a booth at any restaurant.
13. To not need an extension to a seat belt on an airplane and to have the
tray table not balance on our bellies.
14. To not worry about being decapitated in our cars with our seat belts on if we should be in an accident.
15. To not turn beet red after moderate exertion.
16. To be able to pick something up off the floor.
17. Panty Hose that fit!
18. To go to an amusement park and ride the rides.
19. To be able to sit in any chair without worry of breakage.
20. To not have to apologize when caught in a narrow aisle and have someone need to get by.
21. To go dancing, sky diving, bungee jumping....
22. To be able to go horseback riding or ride a bike.
23. To not worry about rashes and sweating.
24. To not have to listen to "caring" people ask why you don't diet or worse still... "gee you have such a pretty face".
25. To not worry about spilling food, sauces or gravy down the front of your blouse/dress/shirt when eating.
26. To not have to think up some excuse for not doing something because you know your weight will impede you.
27. To not have your belly hit the steering wheel and to be able to fit comfortably in the driver's seat.
28. To have a bra fit comfortably and to be able to buy underwear at Victoria's Secret rather than at "Tubby the Underwear Guy".
29. To not have to worry about the weight limit of step stools, ladders, motorcycle, exercise equipment, etc.
30. To not get stuck in a turn style.
31. To not wake up feeling achy in the back... or to have ache free legs and feet.
32. So the bathroom scale won't creak and groan when you step on it.
33. To be able to leave the tablecloth on the table at a restaurant instead
of dragging it with you when you get up.
34. So you won't look the other way when you see yourself in a monitor where they have security cameras.
35. To never be embarrassed about your size.
36. To not count tying shoes as daily exercise.
37. To not have to wait for the handicap stall when there are plenty of other stalls available.
38. To not be more out of shape than seniors.
39. To not break toilet seat when leaning to one side.
40. To be able to put on wedding rings again.
41. To try to make a double chin and fail!
42. Buy clothing bargains to fit the next year ... and they do!
43. Not to have to worry about plastic zippers or having your pants bust open.
44. Normal waistbands rather than elastic!
45. To wear knee socks correctly instead of worn like slouches!
46. To look good in a tee shirt!
47. To try on slacks or jeans and have the pant leg actually fit over leg!
48. To be able to get close to sink and not come away with a wet belly!
49. To get out of a stuffed chair GRACEFULLY and not look down to see if the chair has come up with you!
50. To not worry if the hairdresser's smock will fit!
51. To not be self-conscious about eating in front of others!
52. To not be afraid to ask which hairstyle suits your face.
53. To not have people checking you out after looking in your grocery cart.
54. To not feel (and look) like a sausage in stirrup pants.
55. TO have your friends NOT be embarrassed to be seen with you.
56. To get promotions/hired or close that sale.
57. Pants that stay up because your waist is smaller than your butt!
58. No more boobs! (this is for the guys!)
59. Wearing shorts or tank tops without fear of arrest or grossing out others!
60. To not have the fear of being rejected.
61. To successfully flirt!
62. To not worry about how to get in and out of the back seat in a two door car!
63. One size fits all and it fits you!
64. To have a lap.
65. To not have the car you are ride in slant in your direction.
66. To be able to use toilet paper as it was meant to be used and not to have to invent ways to "get the job done".
67. To not have to watch TV news reports on fat people in hopes that you haven't been caught on camera!
68. To be able to get between cars in a parking lot without wiping the dust
off with your belly and your butt.
69. No more heat rashes and chafing in the upper thighs.
70. So that the cloth in the thigh area doesn't wear away long before the rest of the slacks do!
71. To meet a friend online and not be horrified to have to send a picture of yourself.
72. To not take fat references and fat jokes personally.
73. To know you can go anywhere because wherever you sit you CAN be comfortable and look at ease.
74. To shop at the mall and not have your back ache from lugging your huge butt and stomach around!
75. To be able to stand still, carrying nothing and still look poised.
76. To be able to cross your arms across your chest without them resting on your stomach!
77. To have your feet get smaller.
78. Using your mouth to taste and chew food rather than as just a route to get the food from your lips to your stomach.
79. Blood pressure returns to normal.
80. To avoid other health complications from being overweight.
81. To be able to borrow a co-worker's jacket for an important meeting.
82. To meet someone for the first time and their eyes don't pop out of their head with amazement...because they never knew you're fat!
83. To see your reflection in a mirror or store window without turning away!
84. To wear a watch with a regular length watch band.
85. To look in the mirror when getting your hair cut without thinking you have the biggest face in the world.
86. To not mind getting your picture taken.
87. To not avoid going to the doctor because you have to get "weighed" in.
88. To wake up each morning feeling energized and ready to go.
89. To not even worry about squeezing into small spaces.
90. To not have to enter an elevator and check the weight limit.
91. To look in your closet and have problems deciding which stylish outfit to work since you have so many that look good and fit well.
92. To not have to lie perfectly still in bed at night for fear of breaking the bed!
93. To buy tie shoes instead of slip-ons!
94. To be able to walk any distance without looking for a bench to sit on.
95. To look forward to shopping and just trying on clothes!
96. To be able to drive by any fast food place without salivating!
97. To be able to shop at the same store for food instead of having to remember where you shopped last night for the junk food so you can avoid that store for a few days!
98. To not feel lower than low when an innocent child remarks about your size!
99. To not constantly be thinking of where your next morsel of food is coming from.
100. And the 100th reason to lose weight … I'M WORTH IT!

Thanks for your post Nic, I was about to give up completely on LT (I've been having issues with cooking for family/weekends) but aye every reason you've stated was the reasons (apart from the bra one :p) I started this in the first place. - Starting it fresh today. And planning on making myself busy next weekend n therefore after. Hopefully this snow will have gone and it won't keep me from going outside (I tend to break bones if I slip on ice ehe) but yes thanks again :] good luck with your journey

Aux xx

Good luck to you too Aux, you're doing great! I found that list on a different part of the site, but used it for inspiration last time. I love it, it is all so true!

Today's been a bit of a nightmare, I sat down earlier, and my back sort of popped and gave way, and has been in agony ever since. I'm pretty much bed bound at the moment. I've never had back pain before, now I know what people mean. I've got a really important week at work next week too. I'm dosing myself up on painkillers, hubby is on dinner duty, and I've spent all afternoon on here trying to distract myself. It's one of those times that reminds me I need to lose this weight ASAP. If I didn't have it, my back might be fine, and if it did go I wouldn't be afraid to go to the docs knowing they'll say lose weight! However, at least as my Dad said I can respond by saying "I am". I also wouldn't worry about bathing to ease the pain and getting stuck like a beached whale! :snoopyhouse:

So wish me luck for tomorrow, I hope it feels better by then!

Hi Nic well done! 9lbs on week 3 is amazing!!!! I had my 3rd weigh in and lost 6 lbs so pleased about that. I have 5 more to lose next week to make 2 stone in 4 weeks :) xx

Good luck nic. I'm also on week 3. We must have started around the same time but I get weighed on a wed. I love reading your lists lol. I can relate to the reasons and whenever I'm down I shall refer back. Get well soon.

A tough couple of days, my back still hurts, but it is easing, I've been off work today. Everyone keeps saying find a chiropractor, I don't want to admit that I couldn't bear the humiliation. The thought of some stranger touching me fills me with horror far worse than the pain I'm in. I just hope it's not a recurring issue with my back.
I've reached the stage where the diet "just is" don't really think about it any more. However I've a partial refeed end of next week, lets see how it goes. Food talk in my next post - look away if you don't want to read!

Last edited:
*****. Food Talk Spoiler *****

i know how hard it is when you're in the zone to stomach food talk. However the weekend after next OH and I have a couple nights of child free time whilst they stay with g'parents. I've checked out two eateries to visit. One does a lovely sounding veggie Cobb salad, and the other is ... Pizza Express, we've got vouchers to use!! However I have chosen a salad minus dressings and bread and will stick to it. The last day we're expected for roast at my mums. I've told her green veg only. And hopefully by Monday I'll be back fully on the shakes without too much bother.

I wasn't sure whether to do this, but think it will help me stay focused, certainly at the moment. The partial refeeds coincide with the school hols, so they are regular but no more than one week max. If it is hard to get back onto LT, I won't break again.
So weigh day on Friday, here I come, an interesting week and a bit to follow.

How Weird! Nearly TOTM, and been feeling bloated, struggling to drink my water and shakes today. Usually 4 litres is no problem! I'm guessing my loss won't be amazing tomorrow, but anything is better than nothing and I've been 100%

I'm 25 full days in now, and feeling quite proud that I've not had a single cheat. I'm really ready to get the weight off this time. All the things like my back hurting etc seem like apt reminders of why I need to do this.

*****. Food Talk Spoiler *****

i know how hard it is when you're in the zone to stomach food talk. However the weekend after next OH and I have a couple nights of child free time whilst they stay with g'parents. I've checked out two eateries to visit. One does a lovely sounding veggie Cobb salad, and the other is ... Pizza Express, we've got vouchers to use!! However I have chosen a salad minus dressings and bread and will stick to it. The last day we're expected for roast at my mums. I've told her green veg only. And hopefully by Monday I'll be back fully on the shakes without too much bother.

I wasn't sure whether to do this, but think it will help me stay focused, certainly at the moment. The partial refeeds coincide with the school hols, so they are regular but no more than one week max. If it is hard to get back onto LT, I won't break again.
So weigh day on Friday, here I come, an interesting week and a bit to follow.

Hi Nic

How do you go about refeeding and is this to help keep you on track. I am going to my parents this weekend and know its really going to be hard to remain 100% although its my intention to. But just in case, how do you refeed?

Ta

just found this website been on diet four weeks this week anyone know where i can go for before and after pic keep having a little cheat need some insperation pleasee

Hi Lynn,

I've done four weeks as well, and loving the diet. There is a thread on the main page, and on the lipotrim page showing motivational photos. They are great to inspire you to keep going.
Good luck

Hi Nic

How do you go about refeeding and is this to help keep you on track. I am going to my parents this weekend and know its really going to be hard to remain 100% although its my intention to. But just in case, how do you refeed?

Ta

Hi Jude,

the pharmacist has sheets they should give you on how to refeed properly. As the video shows, it is really important to refeed properly so that you don't gain water. I will be having 2 shakes, a green salad and a quorn fillet day one, 2 shakes a mixed salad day two, two shakes with a different salad day three and three shakes, small portion green veg day 4, then back on plan. Only water, tea, coffee to drink. I'm hoping to stay in ketosis, and I've checked all my meals with my pharmacist. Please don't just eat again, after time in ketosis it can make you feel really sick!
Good luck

Last edited:
WooHoo just back from pharmacist and water weight obviously not sticking yet - 7lbs off! Hurrah! I can't quite believe it. I'm now where I was when I started a VLCD last time. This time it's a much better feel though. My back is easing, and I can't wait for next week. Need to keep 100% though, as when my losses are so good it's easy to think that a mouthful won't hurt me! Onwards and downwards...

Back