Nic's New Start

WooHoo just back from pharmacist and water weight obviously not sticking yet - 7lbs off! Hurrah! I can't quite believe it. I'm now where I was when I started a VLCD last time. This time it's a much better feel though. My back is easing, and I can't wait for next week. Need to keep 100% though, as when my losses are so good it's easy to think that a mouthful won't hurt me! Onwards and downwards...

Wow, 2st 6 in a month, thats unbelievable, you are really doing well and I'm sure feeling even better. Keep up the good work, I'm right behind you, trudging up that hill.

Hi Jude,

the pharmacist has sheets they should give you on how to refeed properly. As the video shows, it is really important to refeed properly so that you don't gain water. I will be having 2 shakes, a green salad and a quern fillet day one, 2 shakes a mixed salad day two, two shakes with a different salad day three and three shakes, small portion green veg day 4, then back on plan. Only water, tea, coffee to drink. I'm hoping to stay in ketosis, and I've checked all my meals with my pharmacist. Please don't just eat again, after time in ketosis it can make you feel really sick!
Good luck

Hi Nic

I'll have to look at the video again. My pharmacist is useless. I have to keep asking them for things I have read online ie the fibrogel and breath strips which they seemed to know nothing about and forgot to order when I asked for them. Problem is finding one near me that is any good. Anyway feeling really awful today and delaying my journey to family, disastrous right now because I am soooooo hungry.

Anyway going to try my hardest. Congrats again.

Thanks Jude, I'm feeling over the moon at my losses, really pleased as it's the first I've not touched food, and it really shows in the losses. Have you tried googling lipotrim refeed, I bet the sheets must be online somewhere, it's only an A4 print out. I know the video does go into detail about reseeding too. Because I'm vegetarian, it doesn't all apply and I do things a bit differently. Good luck, and stay strong.

Thanks Jude, I'm feeling over the moon at my losses, really pleased as it's the first I've not touched food, and it really shows in the losses. Have you tried googling lipotrim refeed, I bet the sheets must be online somewhere, it's only an A4 print out. I know the video does go into detail about reseeding too. Because I'm vegetarian, it doesn't all apply and I do things a bit differently. Good luck, and stay strong.

Thanks, on it now

So, according to my list I've lost a cinder block? No sure what that this, so my comparison will be a large sack of dog food! Not lugging that around all day should certainly give me more energy!

OMG Nic! You're doing soooo well!!! x x x

Thanks Sam and Kay, you two are both doing amazingly well.

Well it's been an OK week. TOTM so feeling a bit bloated and my scales haven't budged, but not to worry, it'll come off at some point. My biggest excitement is that tomorrow I do my first refeed meal. I am ridiculously excited about an omelette and salad! I'm also focusing on the other side, and getting back on track promptly, so that I can continue with this. I really need to make sure I keep on track as before this has slipped me up.

Good luck with your refeed, and enjoy your omelette tomorrow x x x When are you intending to come back to TFR?

Thanks Sam and Kay, you two are both doing amazingly well.

Well it's been an OK week. TOTM so feeling a bit bloated and my scales haven't budged, but not to worry, it'll come off at some point. My biggest excitement is that tomorrow I do my first refeed meal. I am ridiculously excited about an omelette and salad! I'm also focusing on the other side, and getting back on track promptly, so that I can continue with this. I really need to make sure I keep on track as before this has slipped me up.

Hi Nic, you seem to be focused and have planned this in advance so I'm sure your'll keep on track. Good luck

Good luck with the refeed Nic, let us know how you get on :)

Thank you for all your lovely messages! I'm back on full TFR from Monday. 2 shakes plus protein and veg tonight until Friday, 2 meals out on Saturday, two shakes protein and veg on Sunday, back on TFR for Monday. Can't wait for the weekend! Yippeeeeee!

Very bloated at the moment as TOTM, and no idea if I've lost anything this week. Will see tomorrow. I know I haven't deviated from my plan, so not too bothered as my weight will go down when it's ready. Refeed going well, still in ketosis, and mentally I'm focusing on my full restart on Monday. Will be ready to be back on track by then I think/ hope. Already after 2 days my head has started thinking "carbs, carbs" so I know if I don't jump straight back on it'll be back to bad habits in no time.

It's funny though, this week has been really tough at work, and usually I'd have thought let's have a take away or wine, but that hasn't even really crossed my stream of consciousness. It just shows how possible it is to manage without these things, and how problems have or haven't resolved themselves without me eating my way through them. I need to remember this, the next time I have an urge to binge because a tough day strikes!

Tomorrow will be hard, we have lunch provided and are expected to eat together. I think I will slope off to the loo at the start, and then hide out in my room and try and re-appear at the end with my water. Luckily it's a big enough staff I won't stand out, and hopefully my close colleagues will assume I'm with someone else. I'm certainly not jeopardising my night out by eating at work!

Anyway, I'm feeling a bit guilty, haven't replied much on the forum this week, but I will make up for that next week as I'm off. Will stop me nibbling as I get back with it.

Four days till weight loss phase 2 begins! Hurrah!

Very bloated at the moment as TOTM, and no idea if I've lost anything this week. Will see tomorrow. I know I haven't deviated from my plan, so not too bothered as my weight will go down when it's ready. Refeed going well, still in ketosis, and mentally I'm focusing on my full restart on Monday. Will be ready to be back on track by then I think/ hope. Already after 2 days my head has started thinking "carbs, carbs" so I know if I don't jump straight back on it'll be back to bad habits in no time.

It's funny though, this week has been really tough at work, and usually I'd have thought let's have a take away or wine, but that hasn't even really crossed my stream of consciousness. It just shows how possible it is to manage without these things, and how problems have or haven't resolved themselves without me eating my way through them. I need to remember this, the next time I have an urge to binge because a tough day strikes!

Tomorrow will be hard, we have lunch provided and are expected to eat together. I think I will slope off to the loo at the start, and then hide out in my room and try and re-appear at the end with my water. Luckily it's a big enough staff I won't stand out, and hopefully my close colleagues will assume I'm with someone else. I'm certainly not jeopardising my night out by eating at work!

Anyway, I'm feeling a bit guilty, haven't replied much on the forum this week, but I will make up for that next week as I'm off. Will stop me nibbling as I get back with it.

Four days till weight loss phase 2 begins! Hurrah!

That all sounds really positive Nic. I'm also finding that your mind often plays tricks on you and its all about you controlling what you do. You find this out when you are challenged by the situation to eat or not. Good on you for staying strong and not loosing focus. You know what you want to achieve and refuse to be sidetracked. Hope I can continue like you. Have a great weekend.

2lbs off this week, not too bad considering how bloated I felt, and I'd had two days part refeed at that time. I've had a lovely weekend off, too much consumed, but a lovely time. I found I filled up really quickly, and tried not to overeat. I'm back on the shakes today and hoping to see a loss again next Friday, hopefully as the water weight drops off. Another 6 weeks till my next refeed. I like having a break planned, it doesn't feel so much like a void of shakes for months and months. I know it doesn't suit everyone, but it's suiting me at the moment.

I hope everyone else is doing well, will catch up on the forum in a bit.

Well done Nic!!! :)

Well done Nic!!! :)

Thats excellent Nic considering you were on refeed. I think I may have to do that just to keep me on track, I'm planning to have something to eat when I reach 12 stone. Can you eat anything or just protein and veg? sorry I know I probably have asked this before.

Thats excellent Nic considering you were on refeed. I think I may have to do that just to keep me on track, I'm planning to have something to eat when I reach 12 stone. Can you eat anything or just protein and veg? sorry I know I probably have asked this before.

Jude, you are doing amazingly, I can't wait to be even in the teens, out the other end of them is brilliant!

i did day one and 2 with 2 shakes and then protein and veg.
day 3 did 2 shakes and a vegetarian salad with small amount of carbs to kick me out of ketosis for glass of wine.
day 4 did omelette and salad for breakfast and then tomato and mozzarella salad with carbs and a cheese board for tea plus wine, (felt v indulgent!)
day five 2 shakes and protein and veg meal, day six back on shakes

I'm glad I took it slow and sort of hovered around ketosis ground. I've got straight back on today, no real hunger, think I'll be back in ketosis proper tomorrow, no headaches thankfully. I just need to keep the right frame of mind to stick this out for phase 2!

I know this won't work for everyone, but I've tried 100% TFR a number of times and at 7/8 weeks the cravings get too bad. I feel like I'm starting again after my break, and the shakes were almost a relief today!

I love this diet. :)

Jude, you are doing amazingly, I can't wait to be even in the teens, out the other end of them is brilliant!

i did day one and 2 with 2 shakes and then protein and veg.
day 3 did 2 shakes and a vegetarian salad with small amount of carbs to kick me out of ketosis for glass of wine.
day 4 did omelette and salad for breakfast and then tomato and mozzarella salad with carbs and a cheese board for tea plus wine, (felt v indulgent!)
day five 2 shakes and protein and veg meal, day six back on shakes

I'm glad I took it slow and sort of hovered around ketosis ground. I've got straight back on today, no real hunger, think I'll be back in ketosis proper tomorrow, no headaches thankfully. I just need to keep the right frame of mind to stick this out for phase 2!

I know this won't work for everyone, but I've tried 100% TFR a number of times and at 7/8 weeks the cravings get too bad. I feel like I'm starting again after my break, and the shakes were almost a relief today!

I love this diet. :)

You were very controlled and determined, I'd want to eat the type of food I shouldn't ie chinese or pizza LOL. Well if I cant have that I dont think I want to eat at the moment. Funny it feels a little scary now thinking about eating again because you have to take it slowly or else you'll probably feel ill. I dont even miss alcohol at present. May never eat again, JUST JOKING :D I'll see how it goes. Thanks for that and good luck with Phase 2, not that you need it anyway. You'll soon be in the teens, next week I believe??

Well, I was talking to my daughter about lent, she's deciding what to give up, and she said, 'Mum, you've given up food for Lent'. Suppose I have really. Sounds good to me! Waiting for weigh in this week, but equally I don't want to wish my week off away. My bloating is shifting, so hopefully that will compensate for any gain at the weekend.

Feeling cold today, it's so miserable outside I just want to hide under the duvet, but I know I'll feel better if I get up and get on with things. Perhaps just another fifteen minutes in bed now the kids are quiet again :)

Back