Nic's Slim for Next Summer diary

Wednesday Planning

Plan: Green
Skimmed milk for the day (Hexa1)

Breakfast: Nectarine and yoghurt

Lunch: Jacket potato, beans and cheese (Hexa2)

Dinner: SW quiche lorraine made with onions, peppers and 85g bacon (hexb1), SW chips and peas

Snacks: fruit and 2 Alpen bars (hexb2)

Total syns = 0 (so far!)

Thursday

Plan: extra easy
Skimmed milk for day (hexa)

Breakfast: didn't get time!

Lunch: leftover SW quiche from yesterday with salad: rocket, cherry tomatoes, beetroot, pickled onions

Dinner: Spaghetti bolognese made with extra lean minced beef (whizzed in processor so goes further = eat less meat and more superfree), soffrito of carrots, celery and onion, 2 large tins of tomatoes, dried oregano, pinch of sweetener, splash of balsamic, plenty of seasoning. Served with spaghetti pasta.

Snacks:apple, tangerine, nectarine, 2 alpen lights (Hexb)

Last edited:
Friday

Plan: green

Skimmed milk for day (hexa1 & 2)

Breakfast: usual Friday coffee shop skinny latte with sugar free caramel syrup, fruit salad

Lunch: batchelors pasta n sauce cheese and broccoli

Snacks: apple & curly wurly (6 syns)

Dinner: youngs fish in butter sauce (6.5 syns) roasted baby potatoes, fried courgettes and broccoli, rice pudding for dessert.

Update: Made rice pudding with part skimmed milk part rice, vanilla pod and sweetner according to a recipe found when doing a search. Really wasn't that nice - far to sweet and not creamy enough. Would look to adapt the recipe so that it may cost a few more syns but is enoyable!!!
Total: 12.5 syns

Last edited:
Saturday

Today we are going out for a friends birthday so know it's going to be a tough one as we're going to an American Diner (not something I could change). Decided to go for a Red day as thought I could just eat the meat and syn a jacket potatoe or something. Anyway that was the plan... here's the reality... it kinda fell apart at the evening meal!! Hoping to get it in at under 50 syns.

Skimmed milk for the day (HEa1)
Breakfast: Yoghurt and fruit

Lunch: Spitroast chicken portion and HUGE salad (logic was that I would fill myself up so would pig out at dinner!!! :8855:)
Snack: Alpen light bar - 3 syns

Dinner: Well I had good intentions but when I got there saw that everything was with chips and didn't appear to be an option for swapping for jacket potato (well I saw it too late... well there might have been time to ask the kitchen to swap... anyway I was going to leave it wasn't I?...)

starter: jumbo shrimp salad - it came out served with bread (I left it - I felt virtuous :D), also some marie-rose sauce which I'll syn at about 4 syns (wasn't loads) - oh and my jumbo shrimps weren't jumbo :mad: still free though

main: had a chicken and bacon burger which had loads of chicken in (will count bun as 2x HEb) and the bit of cheese HEa2, was going to leave the chips but was feeling greedy so will syn these at 15 syns

No desert but had a few cocktails

1 Jelly bean - can't remember exact what but a couple of white spirits, some grenadine and blue caracao, lemonade - 10 syns?
1 margarita - 5 syns?
2 gin and slimline tonics - 5 syns?

Total guestimate = 42 syns

Bit gutted that I ate the chips as I expected everything else with the drink but really wanted to have some self control - I regret not asking if I could swap the chips for a jp. Let hope it doesn't affect my weight loss too much - I really want to be in the next stone bracket a week from my next weigh in!

Sunday

Was going to try really hard today as I knew I had blown it a bit with the chips and drinks yesterday and weigh in is Monday!

Plan: Red

Skimmed milk for the day (Hexa1)
Brunch: Mushroom and tomato omlette

Dinner: Serves about 6 (I ate about 2 servings!), Homemade beef stew made with 2 packs of stewing steak - trimmed, dusting of cornflour (2 tbsp for pre-frying = 7 syns), 150ml port (12 syns) , beef stock, whole small onions, carrots, thyme, 6 tsp gravy granules (6 syns), 2 tbsp olive oil (will count HEb1 for me), served with savoy cabbage and mashed swede.

My serving = 8 syns but it was gorgeous and worth it (only 4 syns for a normal size portion)

Snacks = 2x Alpen bars (HExb2)

Monday
*week and lost 2.5lbs from last weeks menu :)

Plan: Red day (again! suprised as always though I was a bit of a green day girl but seem to be off pasta and potaoes a bit)

Breakfast Oops didn't have time (bit of a rush for school run then go straight to a club for my toddler) - few grapes on the run!

Lunch: Leftover beef stew (1 serving :D) 4 syns, with swede, broccoli.

Dinner: Pork loin chops (trimmed) with roasted veg (cherry toms, peppers, courgettes and mushrooms).

Snacks: 2x Alpen bars (HExb1) - should get shares in Alpen! Curly Wurly - 6 syns

Total = 10 syns

Update: Roasted veg turned into Waitrose tin of ratatouille provencale (5 syns) with extra veg (mushrooms, peppers) thrown in as they had run out of courgettes - even the organic and baby ones!!! I reckon I had just over half will count 3 syns

Last edited:
Tuesday planning

Plan: Extra Easy as my OH fancies burger tonight.

2 splashes of Skimmed milk for the day - 1 syns (TBA)

Breakfast: Banana and apple

Lunch: Tuna mixed with 4 tbsp extra light mayonnaise (3 syns), salad of tomatoes, cucumber, beetroot and pickled onions

Dinner: Homemade burgers with 28g cheddar (HExa), in a 57g wholemeal roll (HExb), salad in the bun, SW chips, 'fried' onions and roasted peppers.

Snacks: Yoghurt, orange, 2x Alpen light (HExb), Curly Wurly (6 syns)

Total = 10 syns (so far)

Update: Didn't have the burgers as the mince had made it's way to the freezer without me knowing! Instead, as I went to Zumba tonight, a quick bacon, linguine, garlic and herb Philladelphia (HExa) pasta dish was born! It was quite tasty. I know I didn't have my thrid superfree but I ache!

Last edited:
Wednesday Planning

Not too much rushing about today but OH has pizza in the fridge for him to use for dinner so cooking for myself... thinking something with saute potates and a bit of salad.

Plan: Green (cos I want loads of potatoes later!)

Skimmed milk for the day (HExa1)

Breakfast: 2 apples - for some weird reason I really am not hungry and breakfast anymore...

Lunch: Brunch style 'fryup' - scrambled egg on 57g toasted wholemeal roll (HExb1), 'fried' mushrooms and cherry tomatoes, baked beans and 3 hash browns (6 syns)

Dinner: Salmon fillet (HExb2) with saute potatoes (in Actifry) and salad with rocket, tomatoes, onion, cucumber, beetroot, pickled onions.

Snacks: banana, yoghurt, orange, little bar Dairy Milk (5.5 syns).

Total = 11.5 syns

Right - crisis management! Didn't plan or post yesterday and had a bit of a bad day. Ate a giant eccles! Then 2 curly wurlys! Today is looking like it could follow. Will update this with details but going on to record today so far!

From what I can remember:

Breakfast: Fruit

Lunch: Big chicken salad with lettuce, toms, pickles, sweetcorn, peppers, carrot also ate the leftovers of my sons lunch - a M&S small chicken curry and rice = 5 syns

Snacks: Big eccles cake - wanted to take my mum for coffee as she was feeling a bit low as she struggling to find a job after being made redundant. On impulse I ate this - it was huge and tasted gorgeous but now regret it. (30 syns?)

Dinner: Bacon and mushroom omlette with chopped tinned tomatoes

Snack: 2x curly wurlys!!!! (12 syns)

Total = 47 syns !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Friday

Ok didn't plan ahead and am now starting to stuff. The problem is I weighed in between weigh-ins which hasn't been a problem until yesterday evening when saw the scales making an unward trend! Think I though what the heck - stuffed last night then starting a downward spiral today!

Plan: Green

Skimmed milk for the day (HExa1)

Breakfast: Banana, apple, yoghurt

Lunch: 57g wholemeal bap (HExB1)smeared with extra light mayonnaise (2 syns) stuffed with cherry toms and sliced boiled egg. Tangerine... then 2! Yes 2! Little bars Dairy Milk (11 syns) then 2 rich tea fingers (2 syns?)

Well that's all my syns used up! Bad lunch choice caused that I think - couldn't be a*sed to make the egg and cheese salad I thought it would have which would have filled me up because feeling ill today! Lesson learnt

Dinner: Chilli con Carne (HexB2 for mince) lots of veg in sauce (tomatoes, carrots, onions and celery, plus a can of kidney beans in chilli sauce) plus extra peppers and courgettes, served with boiled rice.

Snacks: no treats tonight - must stick with yoghurts and fruit! Must keep on track! Really want to see a loss next week!

Catching up from BAD weekend! It was a friends 40th so it was party, party, party! And unfortunately I was weak willed, but if I was going to fall of the wagon, better for this part than just being greedy for the sake of it. Dunno why but feels easier to draw the line under it. In brief, this is what I ate:

Saturday:

Lunch: Chicken salad with small portions (2 or 3 tbsp of each) of coleslaw and potato salad (8 syns?)
Dinner: Pizza! :( Lot's of! And probably 10 gin and tonics (slimline, though :D), glass of champagne, 4 mini Dairy milks (quality street type size), handful of crisps

Sunday Extra Easy day?!?!
Well as didn't go to bed until 3.45am and was up at 6.30 ish with toddler and this when it got worse! Had about 3 slices of toast to avoid being ill... then...

Lunch: Brie (Hexa), cranberry sauce (3 syns) and bacon french stick (x syns)

Dinner: Just under half of a Waitrose steak pie :whistle: (x syns), mashed potato, peas, about a 1/5th of a Gu pud!!! (x syns) with 4 tbsp light squirty cream (x syns)

Snack: Oaty bar (HExb)

Well the weekend is over... line is drwn under it and don't expect to have a loss!

Well after a bad week I am lucky to have got away with a 1lb gain after that little lot!

Monday

Extra Easy

Skimmed milk thoughout day = 6 splashes (3 syns)

Breakfast: banana, boiled egg

Lunch: Jacket potato with beans and 28g cheddar (HExa), 2 plums

Dinner: Creamy Lamb Curry using sauce recipe from October magazine (using lamb instead), boiled rice and tomato, onion and coriander salad

Snacks: 2 Alpen light bars (HExb), boiled egg, Little bars Dairy Milk (5.5 syns), yoghurt

Total = 8.5 syns

Update: Curry wasn't quite as nice as the first time I made it, don't know quite why. It was a little more watery - I doubled the portion sizes to batch cook but don't think that would cause this, nor he fact that it was lamb rather than chicken. (I suppose that could affect the taste). Wasn't horrible but might try creme fraiche or light coconut milk next time rather than fromage frais.

Last edited:
well done babe thanks for the tips xx

Tuesday Planning

Plan: Green (Changed from red at last minute)

Skimmed milk throughout the day (HExa1)

Breakfast: Boiled egg, plum, tangerine

Lunch: Ham (HExb1) on 3 seeded ryvita (HExb2),Philly cream cheese (6 syns), salad with rocket, cucumber, pickles, tomatoes, onions

Dinner: Slimming world quiche with ham, mushrooms, onions, roasted squash and red and yellow peppers, served with 'fried' courgettes.

Snacks: Activia FF yohurt, Little bar Dairy Milk (5.5 syns)

Total = 11.5 syns

Update: Had to change this day to green as Philly light is a HExb on green days only - so ditched the ham from the SW quiche (didn't miss it really!) and synned the Philly as 6 syns

Last edited:
Wednesday Planning

Plan: Extra Easy
Skimmed Milk for the day (HExa)

Lunch: Bacon, scrambled egg, beans, mushrooms, tomatoes, 2 hash browns (4 syns?)

Dinner: Ocean Pie from Oct magazine, brocolli, courgettes

Update: No Ocean pie for us as a very busy evening. Got a Chinese takeaway - plain boiled rice, chicken in black bean sauce, stir fried veg

Last edited:
Thursday Planning

Plan: Red
Skimmed Milk for the day (HExa1)

Breakfast: Mini weetabix (HExb1), milk from allowance, fruit

Lunch: Chicken portion, mashed swede, other veg, gravy (x syns)

Dinner: Chicken stir fry

Snacks: tba!! :D

Update: Complete change here to a Green Day! Went out with my mum and lunch became a healthy living chicken noodle salad from Co-op not in my 2009/10 directory but looks like it is 4 syns on average, pineapple slices and dinner of butternut squash risotto, using 28g parmesan (HExa2), 125ml of wine (2 syns), finely chopped celery and onion, butternut squash roasted in frylight.

Last edited:
Friday Planning

Skimmed Milk for the day = x splashes (x syns)

Breakfast: Fruit, yoghurt

Lunch: Chicken salad, with spoonful of coleslaw (4 syns) and various salad items - lettuce, onion, peppers, sweetcorn, pickles, carrot, beetroot, cherry tomatoes

Dinner: Blue Cheese Burger made from extra lean mince (recipe in Oct magazine), SW chips, salsa on the side

Snacks: ?

Last edited:
I'm impressed with all your planning nicci. Do you usually manage to stick to what you plan to eat?

Not really!!! :D Actually sometimes I do but quite often I take another look and may change the plan from Red/Extra Easy/Green if it works better.

I'll update to reflect my 'actuals' tomorrow (to tired now!) and you'll see how 'bad' this week was! :cry:

Right catch up time... updating some of the above next but let carry on with Saturday, Sunday and today first

Saturday

Skimmed milk for the day - (HExa)
Breakfast: still no real appitite at breakfast so had a banana and yoghurt crack of dawn when little one woke. Later had an apple and plum.

Lunch: Wasn't hungry still (this is unheard of for me) and MIL is down so had a milky coffee from allowance and a Alpen light (half HExb). Promised MIL ages ago we would go to an absolutely gorgeous all you can eat Chinese buffet and she 'cashed in' on it today :D :cry:so held back a bit too ready for an earlyish dinner out with kids.

Dinner: All you can eat buffet... roughly I had - chicken satay sticks, couple of ribs, prawns, salt pepper squid (2 syns) ... all dry meaty/fish stuff and some seaweed as a starter. Oh and some hot and sour soup (2 syns). 1 rum and diet coke (2 syns).

Then up for some 'mains' some sort of prawns with veg dish - a clearish sauce (probably oyster) absloutely loads of stir fried veg, greens beens with chilli, chicken with cashew nuts (not much because I guess a bad one), plainish noodles. (Gonna allow 6 syns)

Then up for pud - I was definitely full but got greedy... had some fresh fruit - melon, grapes... then weakened and had 3 toffee, apple ball thingys with 1 scoop of vanilla icecream (8 syns) :break_diet:

All in all I think I went over my syns somewhat and these were just guestimates, but not too far away from the Extra Easy ethos :D just didn't stop when full though :8855:

Total = 20 syns at a guess

Back