Night out advice

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by egbert, 20 July 2011 Social URL.

1. egbert

egbert Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Cambridge diet
    I have a mums night out on Friday for the end of our 1st year as school mums. Goodness that's gone fast. Anyway I can't not go as I instigated it before starting CD. So I plan to have a few vodka and cokes and that's it.

But I need to know what I should eat before hand so I don't kill myself on 1 drink. Is it best to eat on the Thursday to be sure I have food in me, or will just a careful lunch and dinner be enough?

Should I deliberately have carbohydrates to knock myself out of ketosis or is it important just to have a full stomach - ie I could jut have meat and green veg which is low fat and low in carbs.

Basically I want to do as little damage to my diet as possible while having moderate drinks.
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. girlygirl1

girlygirl1 Banned

The general advice here is that drinking whilst in ketosis can be very dangerous so I would say knock yourself out of ketosis before you go out for a drink, then get back in the saddle the very next morning.

Have a great time x
  4. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Weight Watchers
    definitely knock yourself out of ketosis. Its not the drinking on an empty stomach that does the harm its the drinking in ketosis.

I usually have carbs for lunch and that does the trick by evening
  5. Ru2thy

Ru2thy Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    weight watchers
    I had a sandwhich before my night out (a few weeks ago now) and I was fine, went straight on plan the next day. I gained a pound (weigh day was the next day) but lost it very quickly and had a very good loss the next week. Enjoy yourself and as long as u get back on plan the next day you will be fine and any gain will prob be water weight anyway so will come off rather quick x
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.