Night shifts- affect weight loss?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by NN89, 29 January 2010 Social URL.

1. NN89

NN89 Sexy Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(8.89%)
    Diet:
    WeightWatchers
    am a bit worried, am doing a night shift tomorrow and sunday night, and my WI is on monday. I'm a bit worried messing with my bodyclock may start to affect my weight loss, has anyone experienced this? Any tips to survive the night?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sugar_lipswales

sugar_lipswales Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st10lb(36.73%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've been doing nights for about 2 months now and while I do stick to free foods I think it does affect my weight loss, it's slowed RIGHT down!

4. bigtummymummy

bigtummymummy Mand

Diet:
    slimming world
    I did a full week of nights last week, hardly ate as wasn't really hungry and more to the point didn't get time, my ward was so busy we didn't get brakes, hardly had any sins and only had some healthy extras.. i lost half pound, was not happy. my advise to you is eat and eat well, plenty of free foods and make sure you have meals, as i think this is why my loss wasn't so good.

5. vanda

vanda plodding away

Start Weight:
    19st5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(5.17%)
    Diet:
    faffing about
    I work shifts and do have to work nights every so often. In the past I have not noticed any difference in my weight losses while working nights. I just start a new day from the time I get up each day even if it is 5pm - like it was this evening. Working nights does not affect my appetite so I can eat all night, I have my main meal before I go to work, have 'lunch' around midnight, have a snack around 4am and another before I go to bed. At 7.30 this morning I was enjoying a packet of twiglets and a options hot choc while in bed - works for me.

It will probably be like all things finding out what suits you.

6. Laddiesboy

Laddiesboy I ♥ Slimming World :)

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st12lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(29.17%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I work shifts too, and it does seem to effect my weekly WIs BUT I really wouldn't worry about it.

We are all on SW to get to goal at some point, so long as you stick to plan while you are on nights it will all be headed in the right direction. If this week's WI isn't as good as you would have hoped you know exactly why, just stay on plan and look forward to an excellent WI the following week :)

7. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I work one weeks night shift a month and Ive never noticed it causing any problems. I have breakfast when I get up (around 1600) dinner before I go to work (I have it about 2030) and 'lunch' about 0300. I get weighed when I wake up - just as I usually do but instead of it being 1000 its about 1600 - so far its worked :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.