Night work.

Faustina

wants a dancer's body.
I haven't yet joined SW but am thinking of doing so. The only thing that is worrying me is that I've put on 2 stone in the last year and the only thing that has changed is that I've started working nights. Have any of you worked nights and lost weight on SW? It has messed up my system so much and I'm concerned that eating all the food allowed on SW would actually make it worse. What do you think?

I work shifts and used to before when I did slimming world.

You have to set approximate times that you are likely to have brekkie, lunch and dinner etc and work around that. Whilst your body clock is adjusted to working nights, your mind thinks its night I shouldn't be eating my full blown dinner at 3am, however maybe you should?! If you think most of us are up for around a 16-17 hour day...I know I have my dinner at least 2-3 hours before I go to sleep...so your logic should work like that x

this is what hubby does on nights. he has "breakfast" of a large meal at 6pm or so which is generally what the ret of the family has as their dinner, works 8-7 (including the travelling in this) with "lunch" at about 1-2am generally consisting of sarnies and fruit, then has his "dinner" of something really light, branflakes generally, at 8-9am before bed between 9 and 10am.

Ladies thank you so much for your replies, I appreciate your help. I have been undecided about SW for so long now but your posts have helped push me over the edge, in a good way! I think I'll join online next week so. Thank you again!xxx

I work nights and I find the only time it effects slimming world is if I've done a night shift before I weigh in I.e Sunday I do 10am until Monday 10am then I weigh in Monday night and so I sts usually as I carry fluid retention from having no sleep but the following week I have a super loss lol

X x x

Flibsey said:
this is what hubby does on nights. he has "breakfast" of a large meal at 6pm or so which is generally what the ret of the family has as their dinner, works 8-7 (including the travelling in this) with "lunch" at about 1-2am generally consisting of sarnies and fruit, then has his "dinner" of something really light, branflakes generally, at 8-9am before bed between 9 and 10am.

Pretty much what I do.

Breakfast is dinner, lunch is a midnight snack, and dinner is breakfast. I find that I can't eat a big meal in the middle of a night shift as it makes me feel yucky. So I am better off having several small meals, which is much better for a 12 hour night shift anyway really.

Back