NightShift Eating Help!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Lass, 22 July 2010 Social URL.

1. Lass

Lass Member

Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hello all :)

Well ive done SW 13 weeks.. had my 1st gain of 1 & half lbs this week! Little disheartening considering i feel ive done okay, no different to normal! Although Im nightshift and not really in any routine, ive just done 7 nights..im off the next 7 so going to try and lose that little weight gain. Ive got another 7 coming up and wondered if anyone does nights? what do you eat? im sooo glad we only have to do them every so often and not permanently.

I sooo prefer my daytime meal routine.

any advice welcome xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lass

Lass Member

Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    anyone?? x

4. MadameLaMinx

MadameLaMinx Gold Member

They are all at work!!!

There were some discussions about how to manage night shift switches a few weeks back. When I used to work nights I would have breakfast when I got home, lunch about 8pm after a sleep and then eat something about 3 am at work. I wasnt doing SW then though and I were reet lardy. No help at all from me I am afraid! :D

5. Lass

Lass Member

Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Ta! I'll probably just try do what i feels best at time, maybe free foods only... and get back on track once im off my nights! xx

6. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I treat my night shift almost like day shift days. Have breakfast when I get up, a meal about 2000 then 'lunch' about 0300

7. Bobbyt158

Bobbyt158 New Member

Hi! I occasionally have to do night shifts and I find the best way to try and ensure it doesn't get in the way off weight loss is to eat a good meal before work and a good meal after work count sins per day and just eat free foods during the night! If you prepare a meal to reheat in microwave (if available) or just take some fruit or something to snack on! It's difficult to try and eat something proper when you get home and are very tired but it really does help! Hope this is useful advice!

8. Lass

Lass Member

Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks very much :) im off to write a meal plan for when i go shopping and stick to it!! xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.