Nightshift

clairey86

Anyone here work nightshift? If so how do you cope? In my work especially we are all usually bad on nights crisps, haribos ect and I don't know if I'll be strong enough to not have of they are all infront of me!!!!!! Also when do you eat the majority of your food - I've a run of 4 12hour shifts starting tomorrow so need to decided how I'm going to do this tonight!

It's been a while since I've done nights but I have some then on this diet before (and I'm on nights in a few weeks too) and I remember struggling to work out when to have the shakes for example I'd have one in the morning, one at lunch, one at tea then one around 1am and then one again at 7am ish before I go to bed and then one at tea etc so the first night I end up having 4. I don't remember it making me any more tired etc I was ok just drink lots of tea and water. Where I work though ( delivery suite) you don't even get chance to think about food!

Hi there, i'm on a stint of 12 weeks of nights and have sat down for the first time since starting almost 7hrs ago to my banana tetra. I think everyone will have different ways of doing it i basically turn the whole thing around but on first night works out having 4 coz when i go back on to days it technically works out ive had 2 even though i havent ive had all 3 if that makes sense so i wont have my first shake until about 4pm which will technically be my breakfast then have my second usually around 8 or 9ish then another about 2/3ish then my last at about 6am but then on my second night i'm not particularly as hungry when i wake up so i'll have first shake about 6pm then 2nd about 1/2am and last around 6am. Drink plenty of water inbetween but i work in A and E so some nights its a struggle to make sure i get my fluids down me. I do find that when i do the occasional stint of nights it doesnt half up my loss that week, not so much after a few weeks of doing them but i suppose my body has gotten used to the upsidedowness of it all now.

Back