Niki's journey from scruffy to sophisticated!!

OMG so happy I lost 4lbs. Sorry but I'm so happy I'm telling everyone.

Hope you're doing ok and still staying strong.

Chuffed for you Ali!!! (Sorry don't know your name!!). Go ahead -scream it from the roof tops!

Sorry I've not been on much today -the boss seems to actually expect me to work!?

Last edited:
Is it normal to feel emotional i could cry right now! Or is that just me today!!

Kelly

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I think it is totally normal! Emotions are all over the place! I have been quite grumpy...but I have little patience at the best of times so its not that different for me!

Work through it-it will be worth it I promise!!!!

Wow, been so busy today I've not had chance to get on much....and have only had time for one shake so far!

So day 8; weigh in last night went very well.....I'm pleased to have lost 8lbs. I think OH was disappointed with his 9lbs because he really expected more, being a bloke and all that. He hasn't lost faith at all though and originally he was going to weigh in once every two weeks (demanding job!) but he said he's definitely weighing in next Wednesday! He got strangly competitive yesterday at weigh in! Oh, I won't lie......I did too!

Our CDC said it was lovely that we were working together and supporting each other - some people either give up when the other one does or spur each other on like we have! OH has definitely got more into it as the week progressed! I was previously having to remind him to take shakes into work with him but now he's one step ahead of me and out the door with his shakes and water before I even have a chance to ask him!

I have a drinks networking event in an hour or so.....I'm going to be very good and stick to the sparkling water (if there is any?!). I feel so much more comfortable in my smart black dress (size 16 still- hey, its only been a week!!) and I am hearing heels as well! Making a real effort and feel so much more confident!

Day 9! Got a massive headache today but I suspect that's because I haven't touched coffee in three days rather than because of the plan! In the office-had my first shake of the day, chocolate mint (doesn't it feel naughty have chocolate for brekkie?!) and it is much nicer cold! I am wearing the same size 16 trousers that I wore at the beginning of the week (refer to previous post some days ago where I mentioned that I have very few work outfits that I mix up) and they are so much looser again!

A real incentive!

I've just had a phone call and have to go to Berkshire for meetings today so I shall be back online tonight to update!

Niki - sorry am just catching up now - 8lb loss! How wonderful!!! Congratulations I'm sooo pleased for you!

And now for a great week 2! :)

Hiya hun wow fab loss!! Sorry not been on my internet been down.thar must really spur u on hun zx

Thank you so much ladies! Certainly does spur me on.....yesterday night was hard. Last friday it was only our second day on plan and we were totally into it and didn't even consider it being friday.....but last night was tough. Just because I've had a stressful couple of days at work and it would have been nice to have a glass of wine and relax. But on reflection I'm so glad that I didn't! Onto day 10!! Feeling fantastic! Cheeky go on the scales this morning and looks like I'm into the 12s!!! Don't want to ever see 13s again!! (Disclaimer: for any reason other than pregnancy!)

My OH was away on business yesterday and he telephoned me in the evening to say he'd had 2 shakes during the day and for dinner they went out and everyone had burgers and chips and he had a chicken salad! I'm so proud of him! (Bit depressing that our entire conversation revolved around what food we had to eat that day!). It will be hard for him because, as I've said before, he owns his own company and he spent yesterday (and is spending today) with customers and they HAVE to be sociable in the evenings and they generally all stay in the same hotel and go out for dinner. So its good that he made the right choices!

I'm worried about him tonight; his best friend is over from the middle east and he is going round to his. Now, what happens when his friend is back is that they go out for a curry and get wasted and OH stays at his and comes back the next day feeling extremely hungover and gets little sympathy from me! His friend isn't in the UK very often so its definitely going to be a tough one for OH. He said he has no interest in drinking but I'm worried that friend will pressure him into it. He has told friend that he is doing this diet and that he won't be eating there etc and friend said he was 'a big gay'. so not particularly supportive! Said friend is staying with his parents and they have a beautiful house with a separate converted barn. OH and friend will be staying in the barn which I know from past experience is stocked full with alcohol (albeit Moet and Veuve cliquot!!!)

When we went to stay at the friends in the middle east last year, he wasn't drinking and actually made our stay quite awkward as he was going through some difficult stuff, so I think OH is perfectly within his rights to say that he isn't drinking. At the end of the day he is an adult and if he decides to completely fall off the wagon tonight, I just want him to know that I will not spend tomorrow babying him if he has a hangover and I will not be sympathic when he has to go back through ketosis and feels awful!

Let's hope he can be strong -apparently next week I'm going over there as well, because the friends wife is joining him from Dubai and we are all doing dinner! Thankfully, I think I can get out of that as my little sister is going off to uni on the sunday and I wanted to go and say goodbye on the saturday (my family live 2 hours away from me!).

What a long post!

Positives - still 100% and not even tempted to cheat! Just had food order and had a million bottles of water, veg, chicken, cod, prawns and eggs for OH so all ready for at least another week! And I stayed in bed until 9.45 so have only just had my first shake of the day!

Jobs today; clean house, sort some house admin stuff out, work on my party invitations!!

Sounds like your OH is in for some challenges! Glad you're feeling good and, other than wanting some wine, aren't wrestling with cravings or anything. I'm confused tho' - are you both doing ss 100% or ss+ or ? I ask cause you mention veg, chicken, cod, prawns and eggs (and I am drooling). :p

I'm so glad my weigh in is on Mon morning cause I am really tempted this weekend to eat and so far I haven't cause I just think about weighing in and that surely I can not give in for another day, or two. Sigh. Good news is when I got on the scale this morning, I had lost 2lbs despite going to France and having salads for lunch while there. Hopefully the CDC's scales will agree with that. :)

Have a great rest of the weekend!

Hey! I'm doing SS 100%....my OH is doing SS+.........I just meant that I was organised and have everything ready for us both for the next week! I have found organisation to be key on any diet plan..means less chance of cheating!

I am totally over my desire for wine so that's all good!

Sounds like it's a good thing having your weigh in on a Monday. I knew the weekends would be Harder for me than the week because I don't have work to keep me busy!

Hi Niki! Loving your diary, I'm a week behind you, nearly gave in to the wine earlier but once I had my soup I'd talked myself out of it. Congrats on your loss :)

Hi Picklefifi!! Ooh how exciting! The great thing about this forum is that there are always newbies starting out and the encouragement and support is immense! I'm on day 11, so still very new to the CDP but I am 100% dedicated to this plan - if I have a little wobble I will come on here and read some of the diaries etc but I am determined not to cheat as I really only have to do 11 weeks SS until my party which in the grand scheme of things is nothing!

I think I was only missing the wine on Friday night because I'd had a stressful couple of days at work and it seemed 'right' to have wine on a friday! On saturday morning I was so glad that I hadn't given in! At the moment I don't like going out for drinks as I feel so self conscious so I keep thinking that when I'm thinner and more confident I can go and have a few drinks and feel amazing and it makes it all worth it!!

Niki how are things? Sounds like you're still well in the zone.

Actually Ali - I'm browsing the forum for inspiration at the moment as I'm feeling a bit down about it all! Argh!!! I haven't cheated and I definitely won't because I'm not hungry but I just want the weight to be off now! I'm being dreadfully impatient about it all!

I know in a couple of months time I'll look back and say how quick it's gone , but right now it feels like its going to take forever!

Oh I so know how you feel. I'm exactly the same. Even now I just want to be at goal and see the last of my mummy belly disappear (altho I think i'll always have it to some extent).

I always find the before and after pics are good. Did you take some before pics? They're fab for showing how far you've come and giving you comparison even after a week or 2.

Yes I did! Good thinking! Im definitely not going to stop doing the plan....just feeling a bit frustrated! I know my clothes are feeling looser so it's clearly working, I think it will be better during the week because I'll be distracted at work! I'm still drinking over 3 litres of water a day and peeing constantly!

Snap. I find it easier at work too. There's only so much cleaning I can do at home to keep me occupied.

And I've already had a bath today and used all my bubble bath up! My engagement ring is looser as well....I'll have to keep an eye on that one! If I lost it I would be devastated! I confess....just went on scales and am the same as last weigh in...13.2. I know it's the afternoon and I've had lots of water but my weigh in is in the evening so I would have had lots of water then too....have I lost nothing so far this week?!?! <note to self..chuck bloody scales away>.

Back