Niki's journey from scruffy to sophisticated!!

I love michael mcintyre!

You sound so positive, glad ive just read your post as im on the verge of caving in and eating chocolate, so trying not to! I have a choc tetra left which i might have to have soon...

Don't do it!!!!!!! Have the tetra! I'm about to have my last shake..... I need it now!

I'm really excited for the new week ahead! In one week my size 14 Jeans went from barely wearable to wearable so I'm excited to think that they could even be loose in a weeks time! We shall see!

Thanks for the exclamation marks, lol they made me laugh and spurred me on!

I've had my tetra and brushed my teeth and feeling much better and able to carry on!

Wwwaaaaahhhooooo on the jeans, ive not noticed anything yet but cant wait till weigh in on tuesday!

Eeek need a wee, must dash!

Hi Niki - sounds like you're doing well. And see, you will get into the 14s, 12s etc pretty darn quickly. I know that those size 14 jeans will fit more comfortably inn a couple of weeks and by Nov you'll be getting into the 12s.

I'm doing ok, tho didn't keep to CD while I was in Ireland this weekend. Good news is that I had mostly protein, veg and fruit, but regardless, I still expect to have a gain on the scales at weigh-in tomorrow. Definitely need to stay on the straight and narrow this week - especially as next weekend I'm supposed to attend an international event I don't think I can get out of. I plan to treat it as a challenge on how to eat sensibly when surrounded by temptation from around the world... :)

Hope you have a great week - and that the weather dries up - it has gotten cold and rainy here!

So happy I found your diary Nikie :) I am very impatient too and want everything to happen yesterday :eek: You're doing so well so far, very focused, ad you have the help of your OH, which is even better :D

As for this girl in your office: 'I may not be overweight but all my family are fat because they are lazy'. She forgot to add 'and I'm a prejudiced jealous b*tch'. Sorry, it's not often I swear but what a horrible thing to say. And the worst thing is that if you had reacted the way you're entitled to react (angry), SHE would have felt that you were overreacting and being rude! This is the crux of the matter: we fat people are seen as fair game and should bear all comments about size/appearance/etc with a grin on our faces!!!!!!! God that got me angry :mad:

Anyway, well done on the jeans. And if it helps, Gap are not very generous with their sizes so you may found that in other shops you're a comfortable Size 14 :)

Morning all! Is rainy and horrid here as well Tizzy! Gross!

Book-worm you have made me laugh this morning! You nailed it on the head -surprised I was so angry by it as I always prided myself on being pretty thick skinned. I think it annoyed me because it was so predictable! Re the jeans - I took a photo of myself wearing them on saturday and I am going to take another picture in a week. The visuals are really helping me! OH says I am definitely smaller which is really good. He was away Saturday night and when he came back yesterday he called me skinny!

Bit disappointed because I changed our weigh in day this week as we are at the o2 on Wednesday and my OH mentioned this morning that he is away tonight and won't be back until late tomorrow night....so he'll miss the weigh in. We told our CDC in advance that his job means he may not be able to weigh in every week and she said as long as he can weigh every two then it'll be ok. But I really think he needed a good loss this week to spur him on. I guess he'll just have to weigh in on our scales at home this week and then officially weigh in with CDC next week. I'm sure it won't be a problem.

I have a very busy week ahead of me so hopefully it'll go very fast! Feels like I have a million jobs to do and work wise I'm not very motivated at the moment. Ah well, best get on with it....if I get a few things out the way I'll feel better about spending an hour on here later!

Have a good day everyone!

Last edited:
Hiya hum your doin great bloomin great! I had planned weekemd off for my bday but back on it today :) itk be hard but im determined.fab about the jeans that must be such a lovely feeling hun xx

Morning all! Is rainy and horrid here as well Tizzy! Gross!

Bit disappointed because I changed our weigh in day this week as we are at the o2 on Wednesday and my OH mentioned this morning that he is away tonight and won't be back until late tomorrow night....so he'll miss the weigh in. We told our CDC in advance that his job means he may not be able to weigh in every week and she said as long as he can weigh every two then it'll be ok. But I really think he needed a good loss this week to spur him on. I guess he'll just have to weigh in on our scales at home this week and then officially weigh in with CDC next week. I'm sure it won't be a problem.
QUOTE]

I didn't realise you and the OH were doing it together - I think that's great as at least you're both in the same boat at home etc. I'm still making meals for mine or else watching him eat stuff while I sit quietly, sulking sipping on my milkshake!

chin up and have a good day... think of the jeans - am sure it'll help motivation! :whacky068:

Hello all! I have my weigh in a day early this week! So it's tonight! I am nervous and excited as always. But my CDC said that due to my massive losses over the previous couple of weeks not to be too disappointed tonight if it isn't a big one....I'm hoping for a couple of lbs off if I'm honest. It would be great to be down to 12.7, but that would mean losing 3lbs which might be a bit beyond me.....surprisingly I've stayed off the scales this week so I really don't have a clue how I've done.

The size 16 black trousers are on today and they are even looser.....I think in another week or two I won't be able to wear them! I don't seem to have a pair of size 14 trousers though.....but I do have some size 12! I may have to invest in some size 14s although I'm reluctant to spend money on size 14 clothes because as the rate I'm going they will be falling off me in a month! Ooh, its a great feeling though!

Good luck with the WI - sure you'll be fine... and even if the lbs don't necessarily come off sounds like the inches definitely are!

Let us know how you get on.

Jx

I lost 3lbs!! Very happy with that! And I got compliments at work today....from a guy no less!!! He said I looked great and asked how much I'd lost. I said about a stone and he said he could really tell! Yay for compliments!!

Hurrah! Well done and its even better when its noticed x

Thanks! And OH is very happy as he is down to 90.4kg.....so a lost of 8kg in total! So just over 17lbs also. He is really happy with that and it has spurred him on again!

His initial goal was 84kg so he isn't far from that.....although he is now thinking of getting down to 80-82kg instead. He'll see how he goes!

Another day and work is busy - I am working through lunch so I can leave earlier to go to the O2 tonight and see Michael Myintyre. we went to his show last year and it was great. We are excited to get out the house and do something without it revolving around eating! I'll try and check back in later, but as I say, it's manic here today so might have to wait until tomorrow to catch up on the goss!

xxxx

Oooh, and another thing quickly - I realised yesterday that my size 16 black trousers are actually size 14!!!!! from New Look -so I don't know how those sizes compare? But my Next Look size 14 trousers are looser which is great! I'm wearing New Look size 16 dress today and its still a bit tight on the boobs but I'm not wearing my holding in pants with it for the first time EVER! It's the little things eh!

Congratulations Niki! Both on the loss and on getting into your size 14s! Did I not tell you to keep your smaller clothes handy as you'll be getting into them in no time? I love it when I'm right. :D Means you are doing really, really well! Your OH is doing great too - does it help to both be doing CD? Do you have a little competition going between the two of you ?

Have a great time tonight (I know you will). All that singing and dancing at the concert, you might come back weighing even less!!!

You did Tizzy....you did! <bows down to Tizzy's wealth of knowledge!!>

I did try on a size 14 dress last saturday and it is still tight and definitely won't do up at the moment but hopefully in a couple of weeks I'll be a comfortable size 14 and that really will give me a lot more options for work outfits! I can't believe I'm 12.7 now! It makes the 11s seem so much more attainable! My CDC did say last night that a 3lb loss this week was great and to aim for a 2lb loss for next week. I know I had a couple of big losses to begin with, but does this mean that my losses will always be 2-3lbs now? Or will I suddenly have one week where I lose 5lbs again?!

I said it's all very well aiming for 2lbs but I'm doing the best I can - i.e drinking 3 litres of water at least and having three shakes. Surely it'll either come off or it won't?! It's not like I can reduce my calories anymore!

I guess the next few weeks will be interesting!

I've had comments from pretty much everyone in the office now -including the girl from the other day-see post waaay above!! (apologies for calling her a girl but she has just graduated from uni and I'm nearly 30 so to me she is a girl!!) She predictably said 'don't lose too much or it'll look weird'. Sigh. Although she does want to do zumba with me sometime, which could be interesting. I've told her that i'll do it once I am on more calories! She said that she wouldn't say I'm overweight at all because I am all in proportion. I think she felt bad about the other day and was making amends. I should think so too!

You're doing o well Nikie. I used to have the same problem: after a while my losses slowed down a lot, but look at my signature: recently, they've been pretty fast! The body loses weight in cycles and I am convinced (although I don't have any data to back it up!) that the body has a "memory" too. The last time you were this weight, was anything bad happening in your life? A stone ago, I was really struggling and after looking at my diary, the last time I was this weight, my husband (who was then my boyfriend) had to leave for the US for a YEAR! Somehow I am almost certain my body remembers the bad feelings, the comfort eating, etc.

Have fun tonight watching Michael McIntyre! I'm slightly jealous: I just love him! It is hard for me to understand British humour (although I'm getting better) but he is just BRILLIANT! At least you'll tone up those abs with all the laughing! :D

And how great about the jeans!!! Oh how I do love when that happens. I am so happy for you. And about the dress too! :D I can't even start to imagine what it feels like to wear size 14 jeans!!!!

Back