Niki's journey from scruffy to sophisticated!!

Thanks Tizzy - I have just been looking at my before pics on phone. I have been taking them weekly, wearing the same underwear for comparison but I took a couple quickly this morning and I look completely different! It has really motivated me to carry on 100%! I'll be fine on the shakes, unfortunately I won't be able to add ice to the shakes but I'm sure it's cold enough outside anyway!

You'll find eventually your underwear falls off. :)

Hi Nikie! Well done on the weightloss and on the pictures too :D Doesn't it feel just amazing when we feel confident enough to compliment ourselves? I used to say horrible things about my figure and it's such a nice feeling when I look at myself and think "Not bad actually!" :D (I'm so vain :eek: )

OK, regarding the weekend. Here are my tips to curb my desire to eat (but remember that I'm on Step 2 so slightly different situation).

1) Be sure to have plenty of water at hand! How many times have I been too busy to get myself a glass of water. It always ends up with me feeling very hungry and therefore miserable (not to mention getting terrible headaches).
2) have some coze zero ready too. I know some people say it's best to wean yourself off them. But if you have an urge to eat, better try the coke zero first. There is no calorie and no citric acid so it won't knock you out of ketosis. AND it helps with cravings (the sugary taste means that you feel like you're treating yourself).
3) have warm drinks ready too! When you're cold, you feel hunger much more acutely.
4) have some chicken or boiled eggs nearby (or at least find out where you can get them). If you feel like all this food is too tempting, then at least you can eat chicken/eggs and it won't affect the diet much. A bit like SS+ really! Better that than junk food :)
5) as you said, get a tetra/shake 15 minutes before cooking and have some spare ones ready too. Better drink 4-5 shakes than eating junk food.
6) if you can, prepare the food with someone. Chatting away and having a laugh with someone while cooking will distract your attention from the food.

And above all (and that is my most important advice and it relates to what you said on my thread): if you eat, this is not the end of the world. No you won't have failed. No you won't have ruined the diet. I'm not saying you will cheat of course, but I know I ruined the diet by thinking that all was lost because I ate...

Just remember how well you've done so far. And remember this lovely feeling you had comparing pictures. And most important of all remember how awful it was the first few days of the diet, waiting to go into ketosis :D

Book-Worm said:
Hi Nikie! Well done on the weightloss and on the pictures too :D Doesn't it feel just amazing when we feel confident enough to compliment ourselves? I used to say horrible things about my figure and it's such a nice feeling when I look at myself and think "Not bad actually!" :D (I'm so vain :eek: )

OK, regarding the weekend. Here are my tips to curb my desire to eat (but remember that I'm on Step 2 so slightly different situation).

1) Be sure to have plenty of water at hand! How many times have I been too busy to get myself a glass of water. It always ends up with me feeling very hungry and therefore miserable (not to mention getting terrible headaches).
2) have some coze zero ready too. I know some people say it's best to wean yourself off them. But if you have an urge to eat, better try the coke zero first. There is no calorie and no citric acid so it won't knock you out of ketosis. AND it helps with cravings (the sugary taste means that you feel like you're treating yourself).
3) have warm drinks ready too! When you're cold, you feel hunger much more acutely.
4) have some chicken or boiled eggs nearby (or at least find out where you can get them). If you feel like all this food is too tempting, then at least you can eat chicken/eggs and it won't affect the diet much. A bit like SS+ really! Better that than junk food :)
5) as you said, get a tetra/shake 15 minutes before cooking and have some spare ones ready too. Better drink 4-5 shakes than eating junk food.
6) if you can, prepare the food with someone. Chatting away and having a laugh with someone while cooking will distract your attention from the food.

And above all (and that is my most important advice and it relates to what you said on my thread): if you eat, this is not the end of the world. No you won't have failed. No you won't have ruined the diet. I'm not saying you will cheat of course, but I know I ruined the diet by thinking that all was lost because I ate...

Just remember how well you've done so far. And remember this lovely feeling you had comparing pictures. And most important of all remember how awful it was the first few days of the diet, waiting to go into ketosis :D

Fabulous advice Bookworm! It motivated me again too! Nikki, how was your weekend hun? Did you get through it ok? I lost 5lbs this week giving me 26 in total in 4 weeks. Very happy! Let us know how the weekend was. Xxx

I'm back!!!! I didn't have signal so couldn't report on here which was a shame!!!

Laura -well done! That's amazing! Well done!

Well..........Friday I was very good and stuck to my shakes.

Then Saturday it all went a bit wrong because........OH team won the Team Championship and his Drivers won 1st and 2nd in the Drivers Championship! It's a massive deal for OH and everyone was crying and it was so lovely! So we decided to take the drivers and team out for dinner to celebrate. OH and I had a talk as we knew we wouldn't be able to do the shakes in a restaurant after such a special occasion so we decided to do SS+ for that 1 night. I'm pleased to say that we stuck to sparkling water and we ordered a small chicken salad with no croutons and no dressing. So basically chicken and lettuce! And we were 100% again yesterday! So not exactly a slip up as such - the portions sizes was SS+ friendly so we didn't feel so bad. Every one else got pissed and ate steaks and chips so I think we did ok!

Raring to go for another week! Right, best have a catch up on everyone's diaries!

Then Saturday it all went a bit wrong because........OH team won the Team Championship and his Drivers won 1st and 2nd in the Drivers Championship! It's a massive deal for OH and everyone was crying and it was so lovely! So we decided to take the drivers and team out for dinner to celebrate. OH and I had a talk as we knew we wouldn't be able to do the shakes in a restaurant after such a special occasion so we decided to do SS+ for that 1 night. I'm pleased to say that we stuck to sparkling water and we ordered a small chicken salad with no croutons and no dressing. So basically chicken and lettuce! And we were 100% again yesterday! So not exactly a slip up as such - the portions sizes was SS+ friendly so we didn't feel so bad. Every one else got pissed and ate steaks and chips so I think we did ok!

Raring to go for another week! Right, best have a catch up on everyone's diaries!

Hiya - read your post on Sat morning re the weekend you were going to be having and did think of you. Amazing will power to stick to it all Friday! At the end of the day the Sat was only a teeny tiny slip - you stuck with the spirit of the diet if the actual letter of it dropped... but from the sounds of your diary this is one of the ONLY times in the last 4 weeks so you've done AMAZING! Better than I have in my 4 weeks!!!

Back on track today and keep it going ;)

Hi Jen! Yes......it was the first time in four weeks! I'm actually a bit gutted now that I had food because I can no longer say I've been doing it SS 100%! But, my next chance for temptation is over a month away now so I'm sure I'll be able to go for another 4 weeks 100% and hopefully get another stone off before it! But I am proud of myself for doing breakfast bacon baps and the buffet lunch for three days and not pinching anything! One of the drivers had his son there (he's 9) and he loved making the shake up for me at lunchtime and it was his 'job' to make sure I didn't cheat! I cooked the chicken curry on the friday night and avoided tasting the rice! I think it may have been a bit overcooked as a result but everyone was such in awe that I cooked the food without eating any so they didn't mention it!

Three days away and my only blip was 1 small chicken salad; I think thats a pretty good result!

Aaww, thanks Jelliebabe! I've been trying to justify myself......my OH set up his motorsport team in 2007 and this is the first year that he has won so big so it couldn't go un-celebrated! In fact, I think we both did well not to indulge in the bubbly! We decided to wait until the awards dinner in November for that!

Although the Championship he is involved with is obviously smaller, the equivalent in F1 terms is like Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button coming 1st and 2nd and McClaren winning the team championship!! I have seen him work so hard for this; he started out on his own with some tools in the back of a crappy landrover and looking after 1 car......now he has three people working for him on a permanent basis, he employes a total of 12 people for the race weekends and looks after 12 cars! This time last year he was unsure how many customers he would have; this year he already has 2 customers signed up already! It's insane and I'm so happy for him!

I haven't been that happy at my current job and have been discussing with his father (business partner) about getting involved in the business in a more permanent role. Talks are ongoing and we shall see what happens but I would love to be involved in the family business! Things started moving really quickly for him and he ended up employing a few people and becoming a serious business really quickly and on the basis that it's just going to get bigger I really think he could use my expertise for sorting out the admin side of having a business. It's all exciting stuff anyway!

Wow! Good for you! Glad you had a wonderful time, you won, and you stuck to CD! You are riding high!!! :D

Ok ladies, the time has nearly come for me to say goodbye to my black work trousers............they are so loose they look baggy in the bum and legs and basically I keep having to hock them up everytime I stand up. I'm also a shortie and the trouser ends are dragging along the floor and looking really scruffy now. I can pull them down without unzipping or undoing the button so thats probably a sign to get rid!

I'm not ready for my trousers the next size down yet though, so I guess I'm going to be in my two work dresses for the next couple of weeks until I fit into them? Hmm......I don't think I can make two dresses stretch for a whole working week without washing them! May have to venture to H&M at lunch time to try and get some to be going on with, hopefully cheaply! Honestly, when I reach size 10 everyone will be so surprised because I'll start wearing my lovely fitted suits and actually look semi professional again!

I think you can get yourself the next size down trousers - esp if you can pull the ones you have now off without buttons/zips! If you don't want to invest a lot of money, get an inexpensive pair of basic black.

When I bought my new wardrobe this summer, people marvelled that I'd lost weight while on vacation! It was just that the clothes fit better - in fact, some were deliberately bought "snug" as I knew I'd be going back on CD for Phase 2.

It is a lovely feeling having new clothes that fit - even if it takes a bit of getting used to that your clothes aren't all baggy. :) When I do the wash, I still can't believe the shirts I'm folding fit me - they seem sooooo small!

Hi hunny,

Just found you diary - wowzers you are doing amazing !!! Bet it feels great to get rid of those black work trousers :) xx

Ok ladies, the time has nearly come for me to say goodbye to my black work trousers............they are so loose they look baggy in the bum and legs and basically I keep having to hock them up everytime I stand up. I'm also a shortie and the trouser ends are dragging along the floor and looking really scruffy now. I can pull them down without unzipping or undoing the button so thats probably a sign to get rid!!

Hi Nikie

First of all well done on your week 4 weight loss! you've done really well getting a stone and a half off in month one... I've fallen a bit short of that but still we've actually worked out total weight loss wise pretty similar!

Re your trouser issue - I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL!!! I was so excited cos have fit into 2 pairs of trousers more than comfortably that haven't fit me for months... anyways, the other day (when the rain was bucketing) I ran between 2 buildings at work and actually had to grab my pants as they slipped down over my backside - had i not done that I'd have been outside the office with my trousers round my ankles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Luckily I grabbed them just in time and had a long top on so no one probably saw how low they'd ridden down - it was a close call but it made me feel quite pleased with myself actually!

Hope you have a great day!

Jx

Sounds like you are all ready to provide some inadvertent "flashes" to the populace around you - exciting!! :eek:

Haha ladies!

Sooo......I just had my 5th weigh in and lost 5lbs!!! So I'm officially in the 11s and only 2lbs away from losing 2 stone! Wow, Im so happy!

OH lost an amazing 9lbs this week!!!!! He is at 85kg now =from a starting weight of 98kg.

Very happy in this household tonight!!

Wooooop well done chick, you are doing amazing !! I'd love losses like yours :) bet you feel fab - and rightly so :)

Xx

Thank you thank you......

I am so addicted to......cooking programmes! I have been watching the Great British Bake Off AND masterchef Australia! I have never watched GBBO before so its a lovely treat, I do admit that I get a bit hooked on the UK version of masterchef but this aussie one is on every night and I am just so addicted! OH sits there and moans at all the gorgeous food! Rick Stein was on it last night and I love him! OH took me to his seafood restaurant in Padstow for valentines a few years ago and it was soooooo good!

That reminds me, OH has told me that he has booked somewhere for a surprise for my 30th bday........and we'll be eating in two different restaurants. I already knew I was going off the plan for my birthday week but I guess I'm going to have to make some good choices in order to avoid a massive gain! I am excited that he is making an effort though. We went to Dubai for my birthday last year, but this year I'm really hoping to either go to Cornwall (so I can see grandparents at same time!) or Wales (to also visit sister who is at uni there and to revisit our old haunts as both OH and I went to Swansea Uni and got together whilst there about 9 years ago!). Plus I'm going to Prague with my mum at the end of that week so it'll be nice to have a relaxing trip somewhere in the uk prior to that! So, it'll be birthday party on the sat night, travelling 'somewhere' on the sunday and staying in three different hotels! Then travelling to Dorset on the Thursday to have another little birthday party with my nephews and niece, followed by a flight to prague on the Friday, a wander around the christmas markets and fly back to UK on the monday!

I'm so excited about it all! The last 5 weeks have flown past and I know the next few will as well so I'm going to stick to SS 100% up until then!

Back