Niki's journey from scruffy to sophisticated!!

tomnkatesmum said:
Hi Nikie, your diary is a great read and truly inspirational... you are doing so well!!!

Agreed !! You have done so well, and your last post was so inspirational - your doing amazing in your journey xx

Nikie you must post how your friend reacts when she sees you! I bet she will be so thrilled for you!!!
I'm glad the brakes are coming off - at any weight I'm sure you are good at what you do and deserve a job that makes better use of your brains and training than booking appointments at the vet!

Once you make the decision, and are encouraged along by the subsequent losses, it is truly amazing what changes, some completely unexpected, a diet can enable in your life!!! :)

Ladies; I have posted some pics in the inspirational pics section! It has taken so so much courage for me to do it but I just remembered how inspired I was by other peoples pics and thought they may help some other people. Plus I intend to update it weekly/fortnightly so I can keep track of my progress! We all now how much it helps to have visual confirmation of our losses!

Tizzy-will defo let you know what my friend says!

Wowzer :) you are looking gorgeous Hun !!! Such a difference, you should be very proud of yourself !!!

Is your dress from river island... I then I've got the same one, and that doesn't fit me, so you have defiantly inspired me to use that as my goal....

Hats off to you xxx

Thank you Starry! Yes that dress is from River Island! Its a size 14 and I haven't worn it for over a year at least! I just thought I'd try it on and the zip did up! I wear a vest top underneath it for work but I'm so chuffed that it fits! The jeans are the size 14 Gap jeans that I kept going on about.......I couldnt do them up when I started this and now (as you can see in the last pics!) they are loose! It is a great feeling.

They are falling off u hunny:) and the dress looks gorgeous :) xx

Well today I am just buzzing from all the positive comments re my pics. I was so nervous about putting them up. I have pictures of me in my underwear on the internet-jeez......!!! But I do see a real difference from day 1 to now and I wanted to share that, so others can see what they could achieve within 6 short weeks! I am meeting a friend for coffee at lunchtime and I haven't seen her since before the diet -i.e how I looked in my first pics so I am really hoping that she will notice! I am doing this for me, but compliments are a great way to motivate! She always looks amazing (see post 180!) but I'm feeling positive that I can hold my own today. I'm wearing a smart black dress (size 16 so quite loose but not enough to look scruffy), black tights and black patent shoes with a MASSIVE heel!

Nothing back re the job I applied for which is a bit disappointing as they told me I should hear back within a week and it's been 8 days now :( I shall carry on and see what else is out there!

Well on the job front; they haven't drawn up a short list yet so there's still a chance!

I always find weekends tough on this plan....I actually had a lie in until 10am today and as I result had my first shake at 11 so should spread them out quite a bit! Got loads of cleaning/washing to do as well so today should go quite quickly.

Then, OH and I are going to my birthday party venue tonight to confirm some more plans for the big party. I have 40 confirmed people coming now so its all very exciting!

Hope everyone is having a great day...I shall be dipping in and out of the forum all day!

Yes, weekends can be tough. My weigh-in is on Mondays, so that helps keep me on track - even as I resent it at the same time.
Sounds like you have some fun things to do, planning for your big party! Enjoy!!!

So I have survived another weekend! OH and I went to the party venue earlier to discuss things and I think it's really going to go quickly now as I have so much to do before it.

I tried on some of my size 12 jeans yesterday (river island and new look) and they do up! I wouldn't feel completely comfortable wearing them out yet but I hope that they will fit nicely in a couple of weeks! My black work trousers have been put away now as I definitely can't wear them again. My size 14 Gap jeans are loose to the point that when I walk downstairs with my hands full earlier I had to ask OH to pull them up for me! My other size 14 Gap jeans fit really nicely though, which is a bit confusing but they are a different style to the others which may have something to do with it.

Just catching up with x factor now and then getting an early night, ready for the working week tomorrow!

Speak to you all tomorrow!!

Hmmm - new use for OHs - human suspenders! Love it! :)

tizzy51 said:
Hmmm - new use for OHs - human suspenders! Love it! :)

Lol Tiz!

Don't worry Nikie all clothes from different shops fit differently. Sometimes even different items in the same shop can come up different sizes. There wad a gizmo on here somewhere where you could put your measurements in and it would tell you what size you would need in what shop. The difference in some cases was astounding!

Good work though babe! I dream of size 16, never mind 14!

Thanks Jellibabe-thats interesting re the different sizes! I told my mum I was a size 14 in river island and she said 'that means you're really a 12 then'! Before WW I didn't actually care what weight I was -I just wanted to be a size 10. But now it's all about the scales. Its also easier to determine mini goals with stones. If my minigoals related to clotes sizes, potentially it could be a long time between achieving the goals and therefore a bit disheartening! But from getting from one stone bracket to another is only about a month so you can SEE the goal becoming more achievable every week.

Having said that, I do have two pairs of size 12 jeans and my next aim is to wear them out in public! Then it'll be my size 10 jeans and I love trying them on weekly to 'feel' my weight loss. I am feeling slimmer today and I have definitely lost some weight off my boobs over the lsat few days, which is a good thing because I am quite busty. I'm hoping to fit back into some of my other bras now as I have been using the same three (2 white and 1 black) for months now! And to be honest the black was quite tight so I was avoiding that one due to a few double boobage situations going on!

Right, best get on and do some work. Had a terrible day yesterday which meant work was very unproductive so I need to get on it today!

Will be dipping in and out of here all day though!

Hi! I think the site for sizes in different stores was: What Size Am I?

Fun to check out at any rate! :)

Hiya.

just sat n had a wee read through your diary and have to say you look fab in your pics, your doing sooo well :)

xx

Weigh in tonight! I'm excited to see how I've done!

Have a bit of a dilemma; This friday OH and I were going to go to his father's birthday and go out for a curry. We already decided that we would have a ss+ day and have chicken tikka and some veg. I was really looking forward to it as it would be 4 weeks since my last solid food, which was some chicken and lettuce (another ss+ day!). I felt like cr*p a couple of weeks ago and OH said to keep with it and look forward to the chicken tikka as a treat.

But now his dad is on CWP! This is his first week on it so we aren't going to knock his willpower so the curry night is off!

I'm a little disappointed as I was looking forward to it! I'm thinking that if I lost at least 5lbs tonight, perhaps OH and I could have it by ourselves as a treat?! It would literally be the chicken tikka and spinach, so no rice, naan or sauce. The thing is; if it wasn't his dad's birthday we wouldnt have even thought of it, but now we have I've been looking forward to it for the last two weeks!

I'm also written this in Yummymummy's diary as curry was mentioned in there!

Hi Nike

Just had a read through your diary you are doing fab! I would have it anyway as a treat as it won't take you out of ketosis and it won't affect your loss, I have always done ss+ and lost well.

Good luck tonight I'll pop back to see how you got on!

Le x

Just thought I'd pop by your diary and say well done on here :) that's an amazing loss chic ;)

xx

Back