Niki's journey from scruffy to sophisticated!!

Aw gutted about the curry - but you have done great and I reckon you should still go ahead and have your little treat... If you don't you'll feel really deprived

Xx

So I didn't update my own diary! I lost 5lbs at weigh in last night.....very happy! The good news is that my OH reached goal last night. I'm so happy for him but I realise that things are going to be a little tougher for me now. He is doing SS+ until next weigh in and potentially will be moving up the steps weekly/fortnightly and starting his battle with maintenance!

I am still on SS, so I have to be strong when he's cooking his evening meal of chicken and veg! When we first started this journey he did SS+ (for the first couple of weeks) and I was fine then so hopefully it won't be a problem. Maybe it'll actually help as when I start to move up the steps he will be able to advise me based on his own experience.

I'm so proud of him and he's really happy. We are both so determined to follow this through properly and not gain the weight back. I will continue to update his maintenance journey alongside my continued SS journey, as that might help some of you reading this!

Hope everyone is having a good week.

Congratulations to your OH! Looking forward to hearing about his maintenance.

I love curry and i would totally be in a quandary..on one hand you dont need it now (iyswim) but youve been looking forward to it for so long that if you dont have it then you might fall off the wagon..Im not sure what i would do tho at the moment I havent the willpower to stop at chicken and veg and would prob spiral out of control! However ive not lost anywherenear what i want to but youve done exceptionally well and are much stronger than me, your diary totally proves that.

Goodness i dont half waffle...xx

Mmm waffles...

Mmmm waffles haha

Well done on the loss - 5lbs is ace !!! Xx

Congrats to your hubby, that's brilliant, how much has he lost then?

What u gonna do about ur curry, u decided yet?

Xx

Wow Nikie, you are doing so well! I really admire your dedication and focus. I am off for my first weigh in shortly (have been on ss for 6 full days, this is day 7). I'm looking forward to seeing a loss!

Good luck Sarah!

Well.......we had the chicken tikka! We had 1 portion of spinach and 1 portion of chicken tikka and shared it between us. I weighed out the food BUT the weights in the booklet for SS+ is for uncooked food and this was obviously cooked so it wasn't exact. I was stuffed after my bowlful and it was a lovely treat! I have been back on the shakes since then (so saturday and today so far) and it really hasn't been hard to go back to it so thats a good thing!

We went shopping on sat as my OH's jeans were falling off him....he wears diesels and we went into the diesel shop and the male shop assistant was like 'Mate, your jeans are MASSIVE!'. We explained the diet to him and he was so impressed! OH tried on the size 33 jeans -he was previously in size 36!- and they were loose! He walked out of there with three pairs of size 32 jeans and the shop assistant was so lovely. He made OH wear a pair of the new jeans out and told him to throw the size 36's in the bin! OH can't wait until the next shopping trip to get some new tops. I am going to buy some more clothes for when he takes me to Swansea at the end of November, but I'm hoping to lose another stone by then so I don't want to buy them just yet!

I sorted out some clothes this weekend and have actually put size 12 clothes back into my wardrobe! I can fit into my size 12's but they aren't comfortable yet- hopefully I'll be in them within a couple of weeks. Having said that I have been wearing a size 12 skirt from primark today!

I do feel a bit bigger this weekend, but I don't think its to do with the chicken tikka on friday-I have been really rubbish with the water this weekend and I think that might have something to do with it and that I might be retaining some water. We have weigh in a day earlier this week and I don't think theres going to be a big loss this time. But as we all know, thats the way it works sometime! I would like to get into the 10s within the next couple of weeks. I'm 11 stone 4lbs now so I think thats achievable. My aim for 17th November was 11 stone so I'm confident that I can be well below that now!

Right, best get on with drinking the water!!

You are both doing so fab :)

Glad you enjoyed your little break :) xx

Nikki your are doing so amazing, you will look fab for your party! In size 12's even if uncomfortable is such an achievement! Your losses are fab hun, well done xx

Sounds like you and the OH had an excellent weekend Nikie! Here's to an excellent week and weigh-in as well!!!

It was pretty funny Jelliebabe! The assistant's face was priceless! I think he thought that OH was intentionally wearing big jeans to begin with!

I'm not expecting a big loss tomorrow night - like I said, I haven't been having the amount of water that I normally have and I missed a couple of packets last week (slap wrist) which I think has had a detrimental effect. I am back on the water and ensuring I have my 3 packs a day now. My work colleague has just got back from a two week holiday and she said it's really noticeable that I've lost loads of weight which is nice to hear!

Right, best get on with some work...blah.......

I have read some interesting points on this forum today. Someone mentioned that this diet didn't give her an opportunity to address food issues and used food as a reward, instead of a source of fuel which is why it wasn't the right diet for her.

This really made me think, because I believe the opposite to be true! My downfall is that I used food as a crutch for all emotions and occasions- rewards/celebrations/stress/upset and NOT thinking of it as a source of fuel. By eliminating the food from my diet I have had to address 'what' fuel I need in my body in order to function and live and surprise, surprise -it doesn't need a boots meal deal for lunch, bottle of wine in the evening and a takeaway pizza for dinner (with the dips/chicken/garlic bread) etc washed down with a couple of beers and a tub of ben and jerrys. Ok, so maybe I didn't need a genius to tell me that. But considering that was the extent of my diet for a year, obviously my head/body got something wrong! I really think that this plan addresses my food issues because it has showed me how little my body needs to survive.

I guess my point is that we all feel differently and what works for one, may not work for another. I also think you need to be in the right head space for this. Theres no point starting it half heartedly and cheating because this journey will take twice as long and cost you twice as much money!

Totally agree nikie, i have learnt WHEN im hungry, physically hungry, and not just bored or, as you say, emotional in some way! Im understanding how little food i need and how the majority of what i eat is because i want it - it does seem obvious but its a huge learning curve for us all xx

I am trying to teach myself to recognise hunger and boredom... Finding it hard tho...

I feel like I want food a lot, sometimes due to hunger, sometimes due to boredom.... haha - hopefully eventually my brain will catch up with my body and I won't want to boredomeat :s

It's so hard isn't it? I boredom eat and I eat out of habit. I'm starting to listen to my body, instead of eating for the sake of it. I try and do what I can to avoid getting bored but its a toughie.

Every fireworks night, OH and I wrap up and go to local pub for a few beers and a meal. We then go to the local park to watch the fireworks and grab a bottle of wine on the way home. It's a little ritual and this year is going to be different. Firstly, we have moved house so its a whole new place and the fireworks are on sat night. And my OH is away! The fireworks near our old place are on Monday evening and we may drive over for them. I still work there so it's only about 20 mins away. Either way, its sad that we are changing our ritual but at the same time it's a positive thing. I hate things changing-I like things to stay the same so I know what I am doing and this is something that I am working on now. Last year I made my OH drive back from Silverstone so we could attend the fireworks together! He literally drove back for 2 hours for the fireworks and then had to drive back to Silverstone the next morning instead of just staying over!

I sound a bit like I have some problems, but I just love this time of year and I love spending it with OH. Theres something magical about a good fireworks display!

Whats my point??!! Oh yes, the connection between food/drink and certain times of year/social events. That's what I am going to struggle with over the next few months.

We can do this! I may just need some help from my lovely MiniMins friends!!

Back