Niki's journey from scruffy to sophisticated!!

Oh I my little 'fantasy' is firework night wrapped up warm with someone special, having a drink and burger from the stand and eating with gloves on and you can see all the steam billowing out - done it once with the ex but he wasn't really into it. Hmm when I'm ready to date again I'll be putting that as a must on my profile!!!

Good plan Pudding!

So, I weighed in tonight (a day early) and lost 2lbs! I'm very pleased with that, particularly considering my SS+ day last friday! OH is officially 2 kgs under target and is starting on step 3 tomorrow. I'm determined to keep going with my SS and I can't wait to be in his position!

I wore a river island size 12 skirt today! Felt great....I'm going to work really hard and aim to be in the 10s next week!

Hiya Nikki, glad to hear you had your ss+ day, enjoyed it and still lost! Your doing so fab, bet you can't wait for your birthday, you'll look amazing! Xx

Hi Nikie - you're rocking and rolling the diet! Fab!!!

I am wearing another size 12 skirt! Had loads of compliments in the office today which is lovely!

I have actually packed my size 16 clothes away as I wore the dress yesterday and realised that it actually made me look bigger than I was and I felt really self conscious in it! I felt scruffy! Do I give to charity or pack away?? On previous diets I have always given to charity, then the weight goes back on :( and I end up having to spend money buying bigger stuff again. But if I keep it 'just in case' am I setting myself up for a fall?! Someone mentioned to me before not to keep the clothes because if I gain a few pounds I wouldn't do anything about it because I have the clothes to hand, whereas if I started to find my clothes too tight I would HAVE to do something about it then.

I think I'll give them away. Plus its a nice thing to do!

Hows everyone else doing this week?

Doing great! As are you!
So far I've kept all my clothes - I have 5 very large bin bags full of them. I'm going to spread the clothes out on the bed and take a picture, and then give to charity. I might keep my largest jeans and a shirt - just to show where I started vs where I am now.

When I caught myself thinking I should keep some clothes in the next size up, just in case, that's when I bundled everything up to give away. That is what I call "stinking thinking" and since the size I am in now is a transition size - I will end up 1-2 sizes smaller - I don't ever want to go back to the sizes I've slimmed out of!!!!

Ooh I like your thinking re keeping the largest stuff to compare along the way....I love putting my looser clothes on now to see the difference so thats a great idea!

The rest...yes I shall bag up. There isn't a lot of it because if you recall, I actually had more clothes in smaller clothes and only had pair of trousers and 2 dresses that I fit into at the beginning of this journey! And they are far too loose now!So chuffed to be in some of the size 12 stuff now. Since I have been wearing the size 12 stuff I have been getting so many more compliments at work. I think its because people can actually see my figure now. One of the partners said I was looking really good today, so that is great.

I'm off to silverstone tomorrow evening and seeing some people that I haven't seen since before starting this diet so I'm really hoping they'll notice. My friend the other day didn't say anything, which was disappointing, but again I was wearing a size 16 dress that was too big and although I felt good at the time, it wasnt the best outfit to show off my weight loss!

I have treated myself as well; I had an eye test today and need new glasses. I have ALWAYS wanted some Chanel glasses (I love Chanel and already have Chanel sunglasses) so I have treated myself to some Chanel glasses! I can't wait to get them delivered next week, they are so smart and they really suit my thinner face! I really feel like I'm starting to make an effort with my appearance. A guy in my office mentioned how smart I was looking today....no one has said I've looked smart for about two years!

OH is treating me to some new clothes as a birthday present, before we go away to Wales so I am starting to look on Pinterest and in magazines for some inspiration! Ideas welcome girls! You have seen what I look like on my photo thread so you can give me an idea of what will suit me!

I will put up new pics tomorrow; have been meaning to for a couple of weeks but time has just been slipping away-my 30th is this month! Eek!!

Wow! Only a month away - you are going to look great!
When I got some clothes that fit this summer, everyone thought I'd lost even more weight, when in actual fact I had gained! Definitely when your clothes fit better, you look better!

And yes, it is very cool when people pay you compliments. A couple of weeks ago I wore a wrap dress (diagonal black & white stripes). Very striking and I was nervous about wearing a dress as I don't usually. When I got to the office, the first guy to see me...his jaw dropped, his eyes widened and he said "Wow! You're beautiful!" :) I told him he had to stop taking such strong drugs, but was really chuffed. I got a lot of compliments that day. Course I didn't know what to do with them - will have to learn to just say thank you instead of laughing them off.

Looking forward to your new pictures! I started reading fashion magazines (not something I usually do) to get ideas of what I like and what looks good on different body types.

I took some pics but I don't think I look that different.......will post a couple of them shortly.

I tried on some of my river island size 10 skinny jeans today and I can actually do the zip up?! This week I have worn a couple of size 12 skirts and today I'm going to wear my size 12 black skinny jeans -so far I have only worn them briefly round the house and we all know that the real test is 'actually' wearing them without being cut in two!

Good luck with the jeans - I bet they fit and you feel fab in them!

I am officially a size 12 again! Well, I assume I am as I've been wearing my size 12 clothes for the last few days!

I lost 3lbs tonight at weigh in and have got into the 10 stone bracket...just! Am 10 stone 13 lbs. Have had a couple weeks of 'smaller' losses and to be honest, they are both weeks where I haven't been 100% on the diet in terms of being distracted by work. Don't panic! I haven't cheated! But I had 2 SS+ days this week and really slacked on the water so in that sense, I wasn't 100% on it.

So, I am hoping that by being 100% this week I should have a bigger loss next week. Would be fantastic if I could! My first aim was 11 stone for my birthday party and I'm already below that with my party still 2 weeks away, so I'm happy and anything else is a bonus!

Woo hoooo well done to you Hun !! Xx

Very well done! You are going to look and feel absolutely wonderful for your party!!! I forget, do you already have an outfit for it or are you going shopping soon? :)

Hi Tizzy! I'm actually going shopping on Saturday for my dress! I'm really excited, which is the first time I have been excited about clothes shopping for a really long time! I think deep down I was hoping to be a size 10 for my party but to be honest a comfortable size 12 is a dream come true! We have a black tie event to go to next saturday (17th November) and I don't think I've been below 12 stone for it EVER so if I could lose another 3lbs at next weeks weigh in and be 10.10 for it I'd be so happy....and would get loads of photos for once!

My new Chanel glasses arrived! I love them....I am actually wearing a suit for the first time in about 3 years today! And it's light grey and NOT black! A lot of people in my office have commented how smart I am looking and to me, that is more of a compliment than looking 'sexy' or 'hot' ! Obviously they wouldnt say that to me in a work environment anyway but you know what I mean......I finally feel like I'm getting taken a bit more seriously. Perhaps it's in my mind? I don't think it is. But I KNOW I look prettier than before and my confidence is increasing, so maybe thats why people are having a different reaction to me.

My boss is essentially promoting me to do the work I wanted to do, rather than the PA side of things. This is a direct result of me having the confidence to go up to him and say that I was starting to look for other positions as I was not progressing here. It means I'll get to work from central London office twice a week and gain more experience in litigation. This is a massive step (crossing fingers it happens!) than the dire position I was in just 2 weeks ago!

OH and I are talking about getting married next year! We have been engaged for so long but I didn't want to be a frumpy bride......now I am starting to feel more confident about trying on wedding dresses (I wanted to be 11 stone before trying on dresses and now I am just under that!!!!!) and planning something.

It may seem a bit of a dramatic statement but this plan is changing my life. I wanted to go from scruffy to sophisticated and its really happening. The way I feel right now, I would hate to go back to how I was before.

Wow nikie it sounds like great things are happening. I got married as a size 30 bride and I can hand on heart say it was the most embarrasing, uncomfortable day i've had, I don't look at my wedding photos and my husband doesn't mention it because he knows I hated it, so my advice is use it as motivation because the day really is about you and feeling crappy about yourself on your wedding day is awful. x

Hi Nikie, just wanted to say well done and you have done so well. You really are looking good and you have come along way since your before photos. I have been doing the diet just over 8 weeks and I have been following your diary since I started. You have been a real motivation for me so thank you. I can not wait until I hit the 10s, although I can't wait to get in the 13s right now. Just need to loose over 3 lbs and I will be there. I still have a long way to go but feeling better every week.

Thank you so much Lizzie and thanks for dropping by! I am still so inspired by the diaries on here and it only felt right that I 'give a little back'!! We were all new here once and I whilst this started as a distraction technique from eating I really do depend on it now! I enjoy reading my earlier posts as they literally feel like I wrote them a week ago and I can't believe how much things have changed since then. I remember sitting here (at work!) and reading the posts when I was trying to decide whether to take the plunge and do it. It was the inspirational posts and photos that made me email the CDC!

I was dreading turning 30 and being frumpy and ugly. Now I'm so excited for my party!

I have also realised that this journey doesn't end once I get to goal. It just continues in a different way! Potentially I could be at goal by the end of this year. I say potentially, because going away for my birthday and then christmas could scupper my best laid plans but I will not give in! I will get to goal!

Two months ago it didn't seem achievable, but it really is.

Back